Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant blocks

Options
  • 25-05-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭

This article is on the Irish Times website
    Block C forms part of a gated development constructed 10 years ago with 202 apartments and 253 car parking spaces. The scheme was designed by Scott Tallon Walker and constructed to a high standard by Sisks in 2006. The block going for sale has been vacant since it was developed.

I see this from time to time in the papers. Can someone explain to me how a situation like that happens? 12 years is a long time to leave a new building completely empty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Very interesting. Yeah it’s mad. Could house a lot of families if bought by council.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

mad m wrote: »
    Very interesting. Yeah it’s mad. Could house a lot of families if bought by council.

It will still house a lot of families as long as it is rented out intensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The block going for sale has been vacant since it was developed
    mad m wrote: »
    They'd have the completely convert the entire block. And do so whilst the residents live there. I pity the other residents.

It's the one at the corner of the two tracks; https://goo.gl/maps/YBLA6jbSjZH2

Whoever built it was a fool. What business would want to walk through a residential area to get to their offices? Or bring clients through it?

The best angle of the front is; https://goo.gl/maps/37xVrfcTLA82

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

It is possible that the apartments were never kitted out and as such the buyer will have to allow a significant spend.

Advertisement