Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received E-Mail

Options
  • 25-05-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi

I have just received am e-mail, purporting to be from noreply@boards.ie, which advises that as I haven't logged in for over six years my account will expire if I don't log in within 30 days.

Given my last post was three days ago, this is clearly incorrect. Is there an issue I should know about? Naturally, I have logged in on a different machine, on a different network rather than click any links :)

Sean

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Sean9015,
    We've checked this out for you - it seems that when you registered in 2007 the database saved you twice creating two identical user accounts with the same username and email address. You've been using one of them since then but the other one has been sitting empty and unused since the day you registered. We've renamed and closed the duplicate (unused) one now so you can ignore that email. This was a very unusual occurence, I've never seen it before!

Advertisement