Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get through to customer support

Options
  • 25-05-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My credit card was charged for an account that was cancelled within the cooling off period. The sim's were also cancelled. 

When I try to ring customer support it asks for the mobile numbers but says it doesn't recognise them and then I cannot proceed any further or get to talk to an actual human being.

I've tried web chat only and first question to them is can you help refund my account, after being strung along and asked for details they either transfer me to another person only to say they cannot help or have  no authorisation.

Eir store also said they cannot help me with this.

Can someone help please help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

One of Eir reps should be able to help you with this. Just wait for one of them to respond to this thread. In the mean time try to find any useful information for them to find your account. Such as old account number, date when it was cancelled, etc.

Don't post those details in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I got through to someone in the end by ringing the customer complaints number here https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

It's bad the only way I could get support was by having to submit a complaint, none of the official support contact numbers/webchat would work in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

vigos wrote: »
    I got through to someone in the end by ringing the customer complaints number here https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

It's bad the only way I could get support was by having to submit a complaint, none of the official support contact numbers/webchat would work in this case.
    Hi vigos, 

I'm sorry to hear this, I understand this is frustrating.

I'm glad to hear you got through to someone who could assist you. I'm afraid when an account is closed down the IVR system does not recognise you as a customer any longer. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement