Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Bulger.

• 25-05-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

I remember watching a documentary on the murder of James Bulger, it was a fascinating insight into the minds of 'young' killers,. They had released the interview audio and just listening to their voices and the fear in their voices was really shocking and kinda sad.. I say sad as in they tried to lie as lying about who did or who didn't spill the milk on the kitchen floor!? The immensity and horror of what was before them just wasn't sinking in to their childs mind,. Do any of you think or agree that children should be treated as adults in such brutal crimes!? Some of the experts even scientists do not agree that children should be 'treated' as adults, with lots suggesting that no way should they be locked up indefinitely in prison..
    There was a similar incident I think in maybe Norway or Sweden(really not sure)but the kids involved were let get on with their lives,tho under watchful eyes and supervision at schools etc..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I remember watching a documentary on the murder of James Bulger, it was a fascinating insight into the minds of 'young' killers,. They had released the interview audio and just listening to their voices and the fear in their voices was really shocking and kinda sad.. I say sad as in they tried to lie as lying about who did or who didn't spill the milk on the kitchen floor!? The immensity and horror of what was before them just wasn't sinking in to their childs mind,. Do any of you think or agree that children should be treated as adults in such brutal crimes!? Some of the experts even scientists do not agree that children should be 'treated' as adults, with lots suggesting that no way should they be locked up indefinitely in prison..
    There was a similar incident I think in maybe Norway or Sweden(really not sure)but the kids involved were let get on with their lives,tho under watchful eyes and supervision at schools etc..

The strangest thing about this post is that you link to a wiki page for James Bulger. Everybody know the details of this case, although most of us try to forget.

Venables didn't learn even after being afforded a new identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

The strangest thing about this post is that you link to a wiki page for James Bulger. Everybody know the details of this case, although most of us try to forget.

Venables didn't learn even after being afforded a new identity.

Great input!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maybe both his killers should have been locked up indefinetly. Venables has shown what kind of little sh!t he is and always has been. The other lad, has seemed to stay off the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That was near my home at the time.

Shivering now at the memory of the moment the news came out on TV

Given the local feeliing, it would not have been safe for those boys anywhere but custody. Trouble was what they would learn IN custody And did .

I am reminded of "Lord of the Flies" , of the intenstifying in young minds without the restraint to control ind stop it getting out of all proportion.

Graces7 wrote: »
    That was near my home at the time.

Shivering now at the memory of the moment the news came out on TV

Given the local feeliing, it would not have been safe for those boys anywhere but custody. Trouble was what they would learn IN custody And did .

I am reminded of "Lord of the Flies" , of the intenstifying in young minds without the restraint to control ind stop it getting out of all proportion.

I watched the video footage and news coverage of them arriving for court hearings, if the people could have got near them then they would have been lynched there and then on the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I watched the video footage and news coverage of them arriving for court hearings, if the people could have got near them then they would have been lynched there and then on the streets.

Oh absolutely. The police had a terrible task. Getting shivers just thinking of it. Liverpool carries its children close to their heart.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh absolutely. The police had a terrible task. Getting shivers just thinking of it. Liverpool carries its children close to their heart.

I think the video clips of the wee boy walking along with those two in the shopping centre is one of the most harrowing heartbreaking images you'll ever see.

Advertisement