Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

A quick Google will see you right there chief. Im hesitant to put up any links myself as a lot of the ones that have been put up previously have been disregarded without viewing.

Let me be your sh1t shield in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

^ I'll probably get around to discussing this over the next while but if you give to my patreon I'll tell you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Might warrant its own thread but Jim Jeffries is coming out a little bad after some hidden camera footage. Very odd.

It doesn't, maybe it will when the lad gets his patreon and we find out more.

Boggles wrote: »
    It doesn't, maybe it will when the lad gets his patreon and we find out more.

Its this kind of comment which prevented me from opening a new thread. Yeah, fair enough, the lad is looking to make money from the sh*tshow but it doesn't take away from the fact that media are willing to paint people as racist/homophobic/islamophobic to suit their agenda.

Jim Jeffries was completely wrong in his framing of the interview and showed more than enough similarity to the attempted Panorama hit piece on Tommy Robinson.

Regardless of how you feel about the lad in the Jim Jeffries interview or Tommy Robinson, you would (or should) expect more from main stream media.

Its this kind of comment which prevented me from opening a new thread.

Don't let anything I say prevent you from opening threads, fill your boots.

Content and merit will determine the direction the thread goes.

But a lad in a video claiming to have "dirt" on someone (he hasn't) and saying he will release it if we reaches X amount of money is grifting.

Pure and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Don't let anything I say prevent you from opening threads, fill your boots.

Content and merit will determine the direction the thread goes.

But a lad in a video claiming to have "dirt" on someone (he hasn't) and saying he will release it if we reaches X amount of money is grifting.

Pure and simple.

Source?

declan2693 wrote: »
    Source?

Here

https://www.patreon.com/OzraeliAvi

Give him money and you get to see the 'dirt'.

Are you a "patreon" all ready?

Want to tell us what the 'dirt' is?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Let me be your sh1t shield in this instance

And this is why ammunition is given to both sides. It should not come as a shock that Jim Nugent did this either to make himself look good.

It's such a pity cause Nugent had a chance to really grill him.

Here

https://www.patreon.com/OzraeliAvi

Give him money and you get to see the 'dirt'.

Are you a "patreon" all ready?

Want to tell us what the 'dirt' is?

The "dirt" has already been released.

It has Jim Jeffries drawing pictures of Mohammed and calling him a "wobbly ghost", saying that burkas are ridiculous, admitting that everything he says that is controversial would be edited out "to make him look good" and also saying that if a dingo ate a muslim baby, it would be sick.

I'm not a patreon but this information/footage is widely available.

I'm not letting anything you say prevent me from opening a new thread but I feel it would be silly to clog up two threads because the topic is quite similar with regards to the Panorama fiasco and the duplicity and willingness of the media to report dishonestly.

Not according to that lad in the video.

He is going to keep dropping "bits".

But if you give him cash now you get to see the whole thing.

Classical Grifting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It has Jim Jeffries drawing pictures of Mohammed and calling him a "wobbly ghost", saying that burkas are ridiculous, admitting that everything he says that is controversial would be edited out "to make him look good" and also saying that if a dingo ate a muslim baby, it would be sick.

I'm not letting anything you say prevent me from opening a new thread but I feel it would be silly to clog up two threads because the topic is quite similar with regards to the Panorama fiasco and the duplicity and willingness of the media to report dishonestly.

But absolutely nothing to do with tommy himself, which is the topic of this thread.

Not according to that lad in the video.

He is going to keep dropping "bits".

But if you give him cash now you get to see the whole thing.

Classical Grifting.

Grand. But did you watch the video and see the stuff that he released without "grifting"? Whats your opinion on that?

Now back to talking about tommy. You may remember recently that Tommy decided to give a 5am wake-up call to a guy called Mike Stuchbery. He is now trying to justify what he did in an interview with sargon of arkaad. Needless to say Tommys justification for doing this is based upon lie after lie after lie. Mike has subsequently received death threats thanks to Tommy.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/03/tommy-robinson-excuses-beyond-desperate.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So a comedian who has taken the piss out of every religion, and is incredibly politically incorrect, says something politically incorrect.

I'm shocked. I've been a big fan of his for years, I'm definitely not going to watch him any more. I thought he was completely inoffensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Not in the slightest bit surprised to see Jim Jefferies talking like that.

He was extremely irreverent and politically incorrect for years when he started.

I've seen plenty of interviews in this style - Jim's own with Justin Barrett, Hasan Minaj with Gavin McInnes and others. Clearly edited and intended to take the piss out of the interview subject. It's hard to believe the lads arn't well aware of what they're signing up for, they're explicitly a comedy show unlike say BBC Panorama.

Grand. But did you watch the video and see the stuff that he released without "grifting"? Whats your opinion on that?

I'm shocked by it.

On no, I'm not, the guy is comedian, you are aware of that right?

Save yourself some outrage, don't google 'Ali G'.

But absolutely nothing to do with tommy himself, which is the topic of this thread.

The thread has moved on from his jailing and a large part of the conversation was the Panodrama documentary which is quite similar to this.

It's a branch off of the topic I agree but I thought that people would be able to draw parallels

I'm shocked by it.

On no, I'm not, the guy is comedian, you are aware of that right?

Save yourself some outrage, don't google 'Ali G'.

Oh grand stuff so.

Its ok to misrepresent people in order to gain laughs. Absolute horse sh*t. Sasha Baron Cohen had the integrity to present his most outrageous jokes and stunts despite the fact that he could have been pilloried for it and I respect him for going out of his comfort zone.

What Jim Jeffries has done is more insidious. Portraying his "jokes" off camera with no intention for an audience to see it and maintaining his newly found "woke" persona onscreen while throwing people who have similar opinions to his previous/private ones under the bus to maintain his fanbase/tv show.

What Jim Jeffries has done is more insidious. Portraying his "jokes" off camera with no intention for an audience to see it and maintaining his newly found "woke" persona onscreen while throwing people who have similar opinions to his previous/private ones under the bus to maintain his fanbase/tv show.

So comedian tells joke, correct?

Insidious and Outrageous!

RWCNT wrote: »
    Not in the slightest bit surprised to see Jim Jefferies talking like that.

He was extremely irreverent and politically incorrect for years when he started.

I've seen plenty of interviews in this style - Jim's own with Justin Barrett, Hasan Minaj with Gavin McInnes and others. Clearly edited and intended to take the piss out of the interview subject. It's hard to believe the lads arn't well aware of what they're signing up for, they're explicitly a comedy show unlike say BBC Panorama.

As I said, I used to be a fan of Jim Jeffries comedy. It was funny and extremely distasteful in parts. Quite cutting.

His recent rebirth as moralistic and virtuous is miles apart from what he used to be, but seeing him when he doesn't think he is being filmed shows that he isn't being honest. His comedy show is akin to the Daily Show. It purports to show actual news albeit with a comedic slant.

This footage shows that the emphasis is on spin and not fact and destroys any credibility

• Advertisement

So comedian tells joke.

You are being wilfully disingenuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I preferred Jim Jeffries' old stand-up to this 'foreigner tells Americans the news' thing. The Justin Barrett segment did imply that he was part of a party with seats in government. Anyone here could see straight off that the segment wasn't being entirely straight, but people outside Ireland, the vast majority of the audience, wouldn't have a clue. I can definitely see how people would take it as something more than just a pisstake.

You are being wilfully disingenuous.

Yeah, you are just trying to be outraged for the sake of it though aren't you?

I do look forward to any patreon filling us in on the whole thing though.

Yeah, you are just trying to be outraged for the sake of it though aren't you?

I do look forward to any patreon filling us in on the whole thing though.

I'm not outraged. I just think it's very telling that blatant manipulation of an interview in order to paint someone more "right-wing" is tolerated by people who agree with the manufactured narrative.

Pointing out something isn't being outraged.

So comedian tells joke, correct?

Insidious and Outrageous!

Didn't see the addition of the last part.

Yes. Insidious as his "jokes" were not ever intended to air and outrageous as the jokes were made so to provoke his interviewee to say something equally outrageous.

I think you will find that most muslims would find drawing their prophet and joking that their kids would make dingos sick outrageous.

So yeah, you are correct.

I'm not outraged. I just think it's very telling that blatant manipulation of an interview in order to paint someone more "right-wing" is tolerated by people who agree with the manufactured narrative.

Pointing out something isn't being outraged.

I cant imagine i would ever say something i didnt believe in just because a comedian made a couple of off colour jokes.

Yes. Insidious as his "jokes" were not ever intended to air and outrageous as the jokes were made so to provoke his interviewee to say something equally outrageous.

He a comedian not a fooking Jedi.

I have no idea who the lad is in the video, I'm sure he just one these new EdgeLords trying to a grift a living, correct?

He a comedian not a fooking Jedi.

I have no idea who the lad is in the video, I'm sure he just one these new EdgeLords trying to a grift a living, correct?

Ah ok. no point in discussing this further. You obviously think that Jim Jeffries did nothing wrong (another reason why I didn't open a new thread).

Ah ok. no point in discussing this further. You obviously think that Jim Jeffries did nothing wrong (another reason why I didn't open a new thread).

Listen I'm chuffed that I have such an influence in what threads you decide to open.

But seriously go open the thread if you want.

This one is about Stephen and how is grifting may put him back in prison again.

• Advertisement

Listen I'm chuffed that I have such an influence in what threads you decide to open.

But seriously go open the thread if you want.

This one is about Stephen and how is grifting may put him back in prison again.

As much as I appreciate being spoken to in the condescending manner that seems to be apparent in virtually all of your replies to me, I won't bother. Showing other examples of bias in the media which were similar to those highlighted in the Panodrama documentary was (in my mind) an interesting and relevant segue.

We can continue to talk about Tommy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement