Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

khaldrogo wrote: »
    He may well have convictions and he may well be what you consider a scumbag but that doesn't mean he is wrong
    He could be a convicted scumbag and be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,244 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

khaldrogo wrote: »
    New to this thread.

While I may not agree with every minute detail of Tommy's cause , I certainly agree that extreme Muslims are a definite threat to the world and something that needs to be addressed and regulated at the very least

I think violent extremism in ALL it’s forms and guises should be tackled head on, be it being perpetrated under whatever banner, whatever flag, whatever culture, whatever belief. Unfortunately while elements of Tommy’s cause or beliefs may have merit or worse case may deserve being debated, so much of it is just presented in the most stupid, crass, careless, offensive and divisive manner and serve to only fan the flames of hatred and suspicion.

Thus, the more honest concerns that he and people / supporters have regarding immigration are lost beneath the stone island/flag waving, bottle throwing, hateful rhetoric.

Him and his movement are basically a bunch of loudmouth thick fûckwits who if they had just one spark between them behind the ears would see that in an educated and civilized society the possibility to engage with a wider diaspora and SERIOUSLY enable and influence for change will not come through thuggery and fear mongering and only through patience, eloquence, respect and inclusivity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭gaelwave

Tommy Robinson to stand in European Parliament election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

gaelwave wrote: »
    Tommy Robinson to stand in European Parliament election.

In the North West apparently, not sure why as he supposedly is from/lives in Luton.

I think he'd unfortunately have a better chance of getting in than some might think, as the voter turn out for European elections doesn't tend to be very high and he does have quite a dedicated following. I would have thought his chances would be better closer to where he lives though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

RWCNT wrote: »
    In the North West apparently, not sure why as he supposedly is from/lives in Luton.

I think he'd unfortunately have a better chance of getting in than some might think, as the voter turn out for European elections doesn't tend to be very high and he does have quite a dedicated following. I would have thought his chances would be better closer to where he lives though.

Luton is on the outskirts of London, he wouldn't have a hope in that area as it is far too multicultural already. The Brexit referendum confirmed that blind racism sells best to those who know the least about other races. Fear of the other doesn't work as well when your next door neighbour is called Ali and he lends you his lawnmower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Aren't the EU elections done by PR? It's one of the reasons the new party there aren't too worried about splitting the vote.

Tommy would have to get transfers from UKIP and the brexit party and possibly the conservatives to get in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Grayson wrote: »
    Aren't the EU elections done by PR? It's one of the reasons the new party there aren't too worried about splitting the vote.

Tommy would have to get transfers from UKIP and the brexit party and possibly the conservatives to get in.

Mainland Britain uses the d'Hondt system which is a crude form of PR. No votes are transferred over as in the Single Transferable Vote so small parties are hurt while larger ones benefit.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Mainland Britain uses the d'Hondt system which is a crude form of PR. No votes are transferred over as in the Single Transferable Vote so small parties are hurt while larger ones benefit.

Had to google it.

That's a weird system

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2019/04/15/the-uks-2019-european-parliament-elections-are-happening-after-all-heres-how-they-will-work/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Grayson wrote: »

I think a lot of people here were hopeful that the EU elections would be more representative but... no. It's barely better than the current unfit for purpose voting system.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://twitter.com/azthebaz/status/1123977592363732992?s=21

Delighted for him.

Notice how all the white boys leap to their dear leader's aide too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

rdlol.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Tommy always ready for battle, got a few good punches in straight away.
    He is half Irish fair play to him ,we need a Tommy Robinson in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tommy always ready for battle, got a few good punches in straight away.
    He is half Irish fair play to him ,we need a Tommy Robinson in Ireland
    You mean his parents are immigrants? Supposed, they're the right colour so it doesn't matter

Cienciano wrote: »
    You mean his parents are immigrants? Supposed, they're the right colour so it doesn't matter

What's colour got to do with anything?
    The man was clearly assaulted and defended himself,
    The man has integrity , his work on the police pedophile cover up was outstanding

Faugheen wrote:

Why are you so racist?

What's colour got to do with anything?
    The man was clearly assaulted and defended himself,
    The man has integrity , his work on the police pedophile cover up was outstanding

The half Irish bit. Tommy has an Irish parent?

Cienciano wrote: »
    The half Irish bit. Tommy has an Irish parent?

You don't have to be White To be Irish,

Faugheen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/azthebaz/status/1123977592363732992?s=21

Delighted for him.

It's a amazing it's ok to racist against white people, you wouldn't dare say that if the roles where reversed

It's a amazing it's ok to racist against white people, you wouldn't dare say that if the roles where reversed

How am I racist?

It's a fact. He's a white surpremicist and has surrounded himself by white men against a man who isn't white.

Go and cry, snowflake.

You don't have to be White To be Irish,

So tommy is half black? News to me

• Advertisement

we need a Tommy Robinson in Ireland

Hard to choose between Tommy Robinson and cholera.

Faugheen wrote: »
    How am I racist?

It's a fact. He's a white surpremicist and has surrounded himself by white men against a man who isn't white.

Go and cry, snowflake.
    "All the White boys"
    You wouldn't dare say the opposite.
    Hardly call the man married to a Jewish lady who even uses his wife's surname a white supremacist.
    White supremacists hate the Jewish people the most.
    He is far from a white supremacist

Hard to choose between Tommy Robinson and cholera.

cholera ? Never heard of her.

"All the White boys"
    You wouldn't dare say the opposite.
    Hardly call the man married to a Jewish lady who even uses his wife's surname a white supremacist.
    White supremacists here the Jewish people the most.
    He is far from a white supremacist

How do you know I wouldn't say the opposite?

How do you know what white supremacists like and don't like?

Why are you defending a racist?

I'm noticing a pattern here ;)

Fact is, he surrounds himself with white men against people who aren't white. All happy to jump into something that isn't their business as well by the looks of things.

The bloke at the end didn't seem too happy his dear leader was called a fascist either. Got very aggressive over a few words.

Stephen and his supporters can give it but they cry when people stand up to them, all together in their pack of rabid dogs.

He's a bully. And if you like bully's then don't reply to my posts again. Thank you.

This thread will be f*cking gold if he gets into the EU. Meltdown central.

Into 2/1 from 3/1 yesterday to get a seat,must be a few pound going on him.Anyone reckon it's a possibility he could get in?

Can't believe I missed the opportunity to say 'it looks like Stephen was afraid of the wrong Sheikh's'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

The pint sized little con artist sure does have anger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

zapitastas wrote: »
    The pint sized little con artist sure does have anger issues.

Can believe you are celebrating him getting assaulted for what he was saying.

Tommy is not a racist by the way.

• Advertisement

They like fighting in packs don't they?

Cowards. They wouldn't stand a chance against anyone on their own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement