Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doesn't work, just should be stoned to death in an honour killing like they do to there wives and sisters.

Any links to show of the mistrial that Tommie has caused yet lads??????

Ye know there isn't

Ye don`t care.............

Not every muslim is bad, not every white person is a racist or bigot because they say something about islam but that doesn't fit yer narrative.

Nobody has said he did cause a mistrial. What he did had the potential to cause a mistrial. A subtle difference i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I see still people unable to comprehend why Tommy is in prison. Fascinating insight into the cult of personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If I went outside the court now like Tommy did recording people on my iPhone would I be arrested, me hole I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If I went outside the court now like Tommy did recording people on my iPhone would I be arrested, me hole I would.
    If you had a suspended sentence for streaming the names of the accused and jeopardising the trials and anonymity of victims, yep you would.

Though maybe you could prove your point t by repeatedly doing so on all child abuse court cases in future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

No one else in the video other than the police thought it appropriate he be arrested in fact the other bystanders in the video were all disguted by the actions of those standing in the court but instead Tommy Robinson is hauled into the back of a squad van its laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mutant z wrote: »
    No one else in the video other than the police thought it appropriate he be arrested in fact the other bystanders in the video were all disguted by the actions of those standing in the court but instead Tommy Robinson is hauled into the back of a squad van its laughable.
    Yep, law should be dictated on who can get the most 'cheers from the audience', a magnificent plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It's not their job to enforce the law though is it? What is it you are suggesting? Should the cops have ignored him and let him continue to breach the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

It's not their job to enforce the law though is it? What is it you are suggesting? Should the cops have ignored him and let him continue to breach the order?

They had no problem letting the rape gangs continue when they were told about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's because the "bystanders" are his friends and as ignorant of the law as some people here.

They had no problem letting the rape gangs continue when they were told about it.

Same cops? Unlikely. Or are you suggesting that cops should be allowed ignore crimes if they want to?

• Advertisement

That's because the "bystanders" are his friends and as ignorant of the law as some people here.

They aren't ignorant of the law, they just think it should be applied to a other people and not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Great justifying pedos from history, I’m sure the Pakistani rape gangs use some of your arguements to justify the rape of children in their own minds then again they are racist thugs themselves and see these poor working class girls as sub human as they are not Muslim. They should be chemically castrated the lot of them!

You do realise Virgin Mary was impregnated when she was about 13? At this stage she was married. It's not a nice idea but historically, the world has been a ****ed up for both girls and women. You don't seem to mind when it happens in Christianity though.

Same cops? Unlikely. Or are you suggesting that cops should be allowed ignore crimes if they want to?

Sames establishment maybe if his skin was browne he wouldn't have been arrested as quick

Sames establishment maybe if his skin was browne he wouldn't have been arrested as quick

Yes, the police going easy on brown people is a well known phenomenom in the UK. What's that? London riots?

pitifulgod wrote: »
    You do realise Virgin Mary was impregnated when she was about 13? At this stage she was married. It's not a nice idea but historically, the world has been a ****ed up for both girls and women. You don't seem to mind when it happens in Christianity though.

How very dare you she was a virgin as her name is the virgin mary

Yes, the police going easy on brown people is a well known phenomenom in the UK. What's that? London riots?

The court case Tommie was outside have a few Browne lads inside and the police and others were afraid to investigate it because they would have been seen as racists.

Which is the whole reason Tommie has gotten so popular and other far right groups because Islam gets a soft touch in England and other countries if they dont treat everyone the same this is what happens.

The court case Tommie was outside have a few Browne lads inside and the police and others were afraid to investigate it because they would have been seen as racists.

How were they in court if the police were afraid to investigate them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Give it a try and we'll find out.

It's win win for you.

If they don't arrest you for breaking the law you can claim that police are both lazy and arbitrary.

IF they do arrest you, you get put it prison.

Ok, that's not quite a win for you. But if you're so sure you won't be arrested, you have nothing to lose.

• Advertisement

How were they in court if the police were afraid to investigate them?

Because reporter Andrew Norfolk of the Times exposed it all so they had little choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No but you lot do banging on about the big old bad church yet you turn a blind eye to the issue Islam has with women with men thinking it’s ok to rape white girls or that the majority say you gays deserve death at least we have moved on not like the majority of Muslims who take the Quran as the letter of the law and base their whole lives around my it!

They are out to get him its a pity they are so willing to turn a blind eye to far more serious things but thats where things are at in the UK.

They are out to get him its a pity they are so willing to turn a blind eye to far more serious things but thats where things are at in the UK.

they didnt have to try have very hard, did they? Tommy goes out of his way to get caught.

they didnt have to try have very hard, did they? Tommy goes out of his way to get caught.

No he goes out of his way to expose the gangs who sexually assault little girls as the scum they are but because they're members of the religion of peace he gets arrested for it when really he should get a medal for rxposing this filth which is inflicting British society can you imagine the reaction from the left if it was christians they would be the first in line to thank him for exposing it and want him knighted the left are blinded by their own hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

No he goes out of his way to expose the gangs who sexually assault little girls as the scum they are but because they're members of the religion of peace he gets arrested for it when really he should get a medal for rxposing this filth which is inflicting British society can you imagine the reaction from the left if it was christians they would be the first in line to thank him for exposing it and want him knighted the left are blinded by their own hypocrisy.

The gangs were already exposed. They were in court.
    he went to a court and did exactly what he was told he couldnt to. I'm not sure ho you could describe that other than "Tommy goes out of his way to get caught"

and on the knighthood thing should it not be the journalist who exposed what happened who gets an OBE? What has tommy actually done except act like a thug in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

No but you lot do banging on about the big old bad church yet you turn a blind eye to the issue Islam has with women with men thinking it’s ok to rape white girls or that the majority say you gays deserve death at least we have moved on not like the majority of Muslims who take the Quran as the letter of the law and base their whole lives around my it!
    Okay so since your original point applied to Christianity as much, you're getting outraged at me? I don't view raping anyone as remotely okay, interesting that you solely seem about "white girls" which is a bit fecked up.

I have a feeling you aren't concerned about it though. Otherwise you'd be far more concerned about the low conviction rates for rape and the fact that Robinson wasn't help this by ignoring reporting restrictions. Or how about the fact that most women tend to experience sexual harassment? That's been an issue prior to any significant Muslim population, throughout the Western world.

The gangs were already exposed. They were in court.
    he went to a court and did exactly what he was told he couldnt to. I'm not sure ho you could describe that other than "Tommy goes out of his way to get caught"

and on the knighthood thing should it not be the journalist who exposed what happened who gets an OBE? What has tommy actually done except act like a thug in public?[/QUOTE

Tommy has brought public awareness to a situation which the police and media were happy to sweep under the carpet because of the ethnic origin of those involved its only by Tommy Robinson going to such great lengths to expose it that the police have been forced to admit what the hell has been allowed to happen to vulnerable girls for years without the police doing a thing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Awareness. Love it. I could swear it was some lad just going around shouting at people loudly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Awareness. Love it. I could swear it was some lad just going around shouting at people loudly .

When the elected officials cover it up, when the police cover it up, when the child protection agencies cover it up, when the media ignores it, what else can somebody do except shout it as loud as they can until somebody finally listens to them?

This is a massive conspiracy with tens of thousands of victims going back decades. And all of "decent society" ignored it as the rantings of racists for years until the "racists" were proven right all along.

If that doesn't justifiably fuel far-right anti-immigrant groups then I don't know what does. And that is the greatest betrayal of all in my opinion - the mainstream leadership have been ignoring this for so long that people have to go to the radical fringe to get justice because the mainstream leadership at all levels is morally bankrupt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

When the elected officials cover it up, when the police cover it up, when the child protection agencies cover it up, when the media ignores it, what else can somebody do except shout it as loud as they can until somebody finally listens to them?

This is a massive conspiracy with tens of thousands of victims going back decades. And all of "decent society" ignored it as the rantings of racists for years until the "racists" were proven right all along.

If that doesn't justifiably fuel far-right anti-immigrant groups then I don't know what does. And that is the greatest betrayal of all in my opinion - the mainstream leadership have been ignoring this for so long that people have to go to the radical fringe to get justice because the mainstream leadership at all levels is morally bankrupt.

Great post. A very clear and concise argument. It's certainly a reason for concern. Unfortunately many will ignore this and the bigger picture as they will just pass off all this commotion because of the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Maajid Nawaz, an ex member of Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir, gives his views on the whole incident. Makes a good point that people like Tommy are becoming popular due to years of silence from the greater population.

Lol the progressives on here don’t know what to make of Maajid it’s like his views are out of line with what they expect him to say as a Muslim and that confuses them. I just wish there were more free thinkers like him within the Muslim population

He seems to be popular because he appears to be a moderate.
    If he ever says the Koran needs to be rewritten and modernised then we can call him progressive.
    This won't happen as he knows it's as if he has written his own death sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Madagascan wrote: »
    He seems to be popular because he appears to be a moderate.
    If he ever says the Koran needs to be rewritten and modernised then we can call him progressive.
    This won't happen as he knows it's as if he has written his own death sentence.

I've been listening to him a lot over the last month or so. Check out his many videos on youtube of the talks he does and the discussions he has on his radio show.

He regularly receives death threats - in fact on one of his shows, a deradicalised former jihadi rang the show and talked to Maajid and informed him that he had been on a list and had been supposed to kill Maajid. The clip is here: https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/maajid-talks-to-man-who-wanted-to-assassinate-him/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You do realise Virgin Mary was impregnated when she was about 13?

Was that by Holy God up in heaven when he sent the angel down to tell... a kind of BC preggo test? And then she gave birth to the Lord, who was somehow his own father but not his father Joseph, or some sh*t. Is the Christian god the same as Allah, just with a rebranding? Lads, the amount of stock put into religion in the year 2018 is absolutely ludicrous! This is the basis for all this fighting, not only over in the UK but across the world. Made up stories causing all this stuff, up to and including murder and genocide. It's mad people still believe in this with the availability of information literally at your fingertips 24/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Muslamic. Ray. Guns. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Omackeral wrote: »
    Muslamic. Ray. Guns. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Still laughing about gang rape in 2018. Keep it classy lads.

It will be funny when the leftists will turn around to the working class proletariat they utterly sold down the river and ask them for a vote.

Edz87 wrote: »
    It will be funny when the leftists will turn around to the working class proletariat they utterly sold down the river and ask them for a vote.

And you know what? The Working Class are still voting Labour up north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

And you know what? The Working Class are still voting Labour up north.

Really? The C2DE group in the UK voted 44-42 for Torys over Labour in the last general election. And the common wisdom is Labour cannot secure a parliamentary majority without winning over the C2 group in particular, who are unfortunately the group who most strongly believe Labour have "abandoned the working class".

Right on liberals posting jokes about their girls being raped is not exactly going to win them over to join them in the progressive, multicultural utopia Labour have committed themselves to.

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Really? The C2DE group in the UK voted 44-42 for Torys over Labour in the last general election. And the common wisdom is Labour cannot secure a parliamentary majority without winning over the C2 group in particular, who are unfortunately the group who most strongly believe Labour have "abandoned the working class".

Right on liberals posting jokes about their girls being raped is not exactly going to win them over.

Labour would likely just go into a coalition with the Lib Dems.
    The Lib Dems have rebounded and will continue to increase their voter share.

Both parties are helped by the fact that Theresa May is the most disastrous Post-War Prime Minister.

I don't like Labour and their approach to both the issues of Grooming Gangs and Anti-Semitism casts a large shadow over the party.

But there are a hell of a lot of people in the North of England who will vote for them even if it is against their better judgement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

thebull85 wrote: »

wow.. another neo nazi themed march. look at all those swastikas...

wow.. another neo nazi themed march. look at all those swastikas...

It would be easier if you used your tags properly. Or just post the actual link. And did you mean to reply to your own post? For those interested here is the link.

It's a live stream from some march against extremism. I'm not sure why you thought this was relevant though. Is the group linked to Robinson or something? I take it we are to ignore the nationalist chants and racist jokes in the comments.

It would be easier if you used your tags properly. Or just post the actual link. And did you mean to reply to your own post? For those interested here is the link.

It's a live stream from some march against extremism. I'm not sure why you thought this was relevant though. Is the group linked to Robinson or something? I take it we are to ignore the nationalist chants and racist jokes in the comments.

Yes i did mean to reply to my own post, im not all that familiar with posting videos on here so i done it as best as i could. That ok with you boss?

Yes this group is linked to Tommy.

As for the comments, its youtube what did you expect?

And the video is relevant, a smaller scale march in London held earlier this week was called a neo nazi themed march. And a link to it was posted on here.

There is no one forcing you to come here if you do not like the posts feel free to unfollow.

Yes i did mean to reply to my own post, im not all that familiar with posting videos on here so i done it as best as i could. That ok with you boss?

Yes this group is linked to Tommy.

As for the comments, its youtube what did you expect?

And the video is relevant, a smaller scale march in London held earlier this week was called a neo nazi themed march. And a link to it was posted on here.

There is no one forcing you to come here if you do not like the posts feel free to unfollow.

So your proof that the other march was not a nazi one is this completely different march? Were they the same groups? Same people involved?

So your proof that the other march was not a nazi one is this completely different march? Were they the same groups? Same people involved?

The proof that it wasnt a neo nazi march is out there for everyone to see. Do you actually believe it was neo nazi themed?

Wouldnt just be a media smear no?

Also what is your problem with nationalists?

The proof that it wasnt a neo nazi march is out there for everyone to see. Do you actually believe it was neo nazi themed?

Wouldnt just be a media smear no?

I don't know. Maybe if you linked the march you are talking about. You're just throwing in broken links and sarcastic comments like they mean something.

Also what is your problem with nationalists?

It breeds xenophobia and often gives people an undeserved sense of superiority.

It breeds xenophobia and often gives people an undeserved sense of superiority.

Im just asking because i grew up hearing our Irish brothers and sisters in the north referred to by RTE as the "nationalist community".

Little did i know that it meant they were all a bunch of xenophobes.

Also sorry for the broken link, im following the instructions posted on here for posting videos. Not sure why its not working.

• Advertisement

Im just asking because i grew up hearing our Irish brothers and sisters in the north referred to by RTE as the "nationalist community".

Little did i know that it meant they were all a bunch of xenophobes.

Really? I'd have thought it was fairly well known. They are very close knit communities and wary of outsiders. Of course you could argue that is out of necessity considering their position.

Also sorry for the broken link, im following the instructions posted on here for posting videos. Not sure why its not working.

You are using two open tags. The second tag has to have a "/" before "youtube" in it to close the link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement