Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

thebull85 wrote: »
    Yes i did mean to reply to my own post, im not all that familiar with posting videos on here so i done it as best as i could. That ok with you boss?

When you want to post A youtube video you can use the bolded part of the link below and copy paste that between the youtube brackets its always the part after v=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQb3DhNKQA

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Labour would likely just go into a coalition with the Lib Dems.
    The Lib Dems have rebounded and will continue to increase their voter share.

Really, the pro-EU/anti-Brexit Lib Dems and the anti-EU/pro-Brexit Labour are going to form a coherent government? You're grasping at straws there I am afraid.
    Both parties are helped by the fact that Theresa May is the most disastrous Post-War Prime Minister.

Yes, she is. She is utterly terrible. And she still won that election, including the C2DE class which Labour *should* dominate. That is how hopeless the Labour position is. They have abandoned their core voters, and their core voters know it. By the time of the next election, its likely the Tory "Game of Thrones" will have seen May deposed and someone vaguely competent - or at least new - in charge instead.
    I don't like Labour and their approach to both the issues of Grooming Gangs and Anti-Semitism casts a large shadow over the party.

But there are a hell of a lot of people in the North of England who will vote for them even if it is against their better judgement.

Yes a minority, a close minority but still a minority. If Labour really want to capture the C2DE voting group then they need to start listening to them, not mocking them for being inarticulate.

Honestly, its incomprehensible people are posting muslim rape gangs/muslamic ray guns jokes in 2018. It might have been have way excusable in the past, but its incredible post Rotheram, Telford, Derby, etc, etc. Girls were branded. Tortured. Some were burned to death in their homes when they tried to escape.

And people still see it as an occasion for a giggle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I referenced the Muslamic Ray Gun fella, not as a joke but as a bloody scary look at how deep in the sand heads can be just based off how someone looks, dressed or speaks. There's an irony in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Don't take this as implicit defense of infowars, but you're talking about sources, your's calls the march 'neo-nazi' themed, I click the link, daily mail video, no sign of neo nazi symbols or sentiments, black guy singing Tommy Tommy Robinson in the crowd.

Ive had a look back at that link ohnonotgmail provided a couple days ago, cant see anything about a neo nazi themed march now. Thats strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dude_abided

Sand wrote: »

Honestly, its incomprehensible people are posting muslim rape gangs/muslamic ray guns jokes in 2018. It might have been have way excusable in the past, but its incredible post Rotheram, Telford, Derby, etc, etc. Girls were branded. Tortured. Some were burned to death in their homes when they tried to escape.

And people still see it as an occasion for a giggle?

I've thought on this recently and the illogical nature of vocal seemingly progressive people who are strangely quiet in the face of other change..

It's because they are afraid, whether consciously or otherwise. Deep down I think a lot of people strongly fear not just how society is changing in the face of automation/outsourcing etc..But also in how their society (if they can even call it theirs anymore) is changing so rapidly. Yes it was great to have a few "coloured" people who bought with them tasty dishes, it was great to ponder the idea of a border less world.

The real reality (as someone who has spent a lot of time in UK/Ireland/elsewhere) is that the people who have moved in just do not appreciate what we offer. And why would they? From "slut marches", 1m different genders, an increasing tolerance of sexual/violent material pervasively everywhere, abandonment of the old etc.

So they have stayed apart from it all, and they have voluntarily segregated themselves. And now their numbers are growing extremely fast. The mention of demographics in the 90's/00's which would have seen you castigated (and the amusing fact is that the "holy grail' of what was bad; Enoch Powell lost his reputation on predicting a fraction of the real outcome) has actually happened. Not as one collective " mass" but just a separate group from the indigenous folk. Its at the point where politicians have to court the vote now, there is no door to shut as it makes no difference.

And those same people who supported it now have no option. They can't say too much is too much (though the brexit vote was kind of a shout for help in my opinion) as the people are now just as "insert whatever country you want" as they are... Politicians will ignore them as they are too busy trying to get votes from wherever they can. Public society won't allow nuance and will castigate you if you mention it in anything other than a positive light...

So they bury it and just carry on with their lives and try and not think about too much. Laugh at people who try and vocalise the problem, shout down talks to examine the issue by rehashing the same old ground, bringing up the same old tired idiot who make a tit of himself way back when.

No happy solution to this one...we've only to look at south Africa to see that people do not forgive or forget. If people expect to be treated the same when they are a minority, they'll be in for a very rude awakening...

Edit: On phone btw apologies for errors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

No happy solution to this one...we've only to look at south Africa to see that people do not forgive or forget. If people expect to be treated the same when they are a minority, they'll be in for a very rude awakening...

E

If you perhaps read about south africa from something other than far right sources, you might actually have information to base an opinion on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I've thought on this recently and the illogical nature of vocal seemingly progressive people who are strangely quiet in the face of other change..

It's because they are afraid, whether consciously or otherwise. Deep down I think a lot of people strongly fear not just how society is changing in the face of automation/outsourcing etc..But also in how their society (if they can even call it theirs anymore) is changing so rapidly. Yes it was great to have a few "coloured" people who bought with them tasty dishes, it was great to ponder the idea of a border less world.

The real reality (as someone who has spent a lot of time in UK/Ireland/elsewhere) is that the people who have moved in just do not appreciate what we offer. And why would they? From "slut marches", 1m different genders, an increasing tolerance of sexual/violent material pervasively everywhere, abandonment of the old etc.

So they have stayed apart from it all, and they have voluntarily segregated themselves. And now their numbers are growing extremely fast. The mention of demographics in the 90's/00's which would have seen you castigated (and the amusing fact is that the "holy grail' of what was bad; Enoch Powell lost his reputation on predicting a fraction of the real outcome) has actually happened. Not as one collective " mass" but just a separate group from the indigenous folk. Its at the point where politicians have to court the vote now, there is no door to shut as it makes no difference.

And those same people who supported it now have no option. They can't say too much is too much (though the brexit vote was kind of a shout for help in my opinion) as the people are now just as "insert whatever country you want" as they are... Politicians will ignore them as they are too busy trying to get votes from wherever they can. Public society won't allow nuance and will castigate you if you mention it in anything other than a positive light...

So they bury it and just carry on with their lives and try and not think about too much. Laugh at people who try and vocalise the problem, shout down talks to examine the issue by rehashing the same old ground, bringing up the same old tired idiot who make a tit of himself way back when.

Edit: On phone btw apologies for errors

The way the right wing mind works is fascinating. You can't even wrap your head around the idea that people should be treated individually instead of based on some grouping they happen to belong to. You are trying to apply your mind set and reasoning to liberals and progressives and so you come up with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

The way the right wing mind works is fascinating. You can't even wrap your head around the idea that people should be treated individually instead of based on some grouping they happen to belong to. You are trying to apply your mind set and reasoning to liberals and progressives and so you come up with this nonsense.

Of course its nonsense Mr Obvious, Sure he`s from Right down the road anything you don't like is from Right down the road. Because your the moral compass that everyone has to bow down to or be cast out and to the Right.

So white privilege is not a thing then? And all lives matter? And there should not be hiring quotas by grouping? The progressive left does not agree.

Of course its nonsense Mr Obvious, Sure he`s from Right down the road anything you don't like is from Right down the road. Because your the moral compass that everyone has to bow down to or be cast out and to the Right.

As long as you are aware of it.

So white privilege is not a thing then? And all lives matter? And there should not be hiring quotas by grouping? The progressive left does not agree.

They would be regressive left policies imo

• Advertisement

As long as you are aware of it.

I am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Danny Donut

He was only there fighting the corner of the victims of sexual abuse, Tommy's no bigoted xenophobic thug that doesn't give a ****e about who suffers as long as he can use it for his own ends. No way.

I like your style

They would be regressive left policies imo

The regressive left are the "liberals and progressives". This is the mainstream left who are increasingly organising on divisions of race, gender, sexuality etc, etc. The only mainstream political groups clinging to the idea that "people should be treated individually instead of based on some grouping they happen to belong to" are the centre right (Republicans and Tories for example) struggling to find some "survival of the fittest" meme to unify multicultural societies, the extreme right (libertarians etc) and high functioning psychopaths. Trade unionists certainly do not.

The observation dude_abided made was that under the influence of "liberals and progressives" people do not buy into the concept that they are individuals and should be treated as individuals only. The "individualism at all costs" of the progressive western societies they find themselves in repels them. Leading to isolation, alienation and contempt for a perceived decadent society. The values which underpinned the targeting of English girls for abuse, and indeed for the abusers to defiantly shout "Allahu Akbar" as they were sentenced. They certainly see themselves as part of a group, and they saw their victims as outside that group.

Odhinn wrote: »
    If you perhaps read about south africa from something other than far right sources, you might actually have information to base an opinion on.

Pray enlighten me..

Pray enlighten me..

Homer: Hey, this is the only paper in America that's not afraid to tell the truth, that everything is just fine.

Wait...you just lumped the "right wing mind" into one....whilst disparaging the fact that they do so?

Wait wut

Pray enlighten me..

No happy solution to this one...we've only to look at south Africa to see that people do not forgive or forget.

They largely settled for a truth and reconciliation committee. You might look at France or Algeria post liberation for what happens when people don't forgive or forget.

The regressive left are the "liberals and progressives". This is the mainstream left who are increasingly organising on divisions of race, gender, sexuality etc, etc. The only mainstream political groups clinging to the idea that "people should be treated individually instead of based on some grouping they happen to belong to" are the centre right (Republicans and Tories for example) struggling to find some "survival of the fittest" meme to unify multicultural societies, the extreme right (libertarians etc) and high functioning psychopaths. Trade unionists certainly do not.

The observation dude_abided made was that under the influence of "liberals and progressives" people do not buy into the concept that they are individuals and should be treated as individuals only. The "individualism at all costs" of the progressive western societies they find themselves in repels them. Leading to isolation, alienation and contempt for a perceived decadent society. The values which underpinned the targeting of English girls for abuse, and indeed for the abusers to defiantly shout "Allahu Akbar" as they were sentenced. They certainly see themselves as part of a group, and they saw their victims as outside that group.

Would you go away out of that. Republicans are treating people as individuals. Republicans where? I've never heard such tripe. They banned whole countries from entering the US.

Let's get something clear here. If you are a copper and you don't act on evidence of child abuse because you're afraid of being called racist then you are a disgrace to the job. You don't get to blame the left for ignoring it. And it's just as bad that people like you allow them to use that excuse. Do you really see it as an excuse? Would you let a kid suffer for fear of being called racist?

Wait...you just lumped the "right wing mind" into one....whilst disparaging the fact that they do so?

Wait wut

Ah I see the confusion. You can't understand the difference between a person choosing a political ideology and a person being born into a particular set of circumstances. Choice is the difference.

go to liveleakdotcom and type in "white farm murders"
    nsfw

..the usual debunked nonsense.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41807642

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Who is this lad? Would he be any craic to have a few pints with? Or just zero craic?

• Advertisement

Ah I see the confusion. You can't understand the difference between a person choosing a political ideology and a person being born into a particular set of circumstances. Choice is the difference.

Sorry but are you obfuscating the point? You said group x of people lump people into categories.... When you then proceeded to do the same with them?

I don't remember any mention of doing it by ideology or people being 'born into it'. Are you changing the goal posts? Still sounds like hypocrisy to me..

Also why am I being lumped into the right wing? Where is my choice? I don't fit the usual patterns of anything (can you also please define what you mean by right wing?) that people usually are. My parentage and upbringing is not particularly normal certainly not by European standards, I hold a pretty diversified range of views on a number of topics.

To me it sounds like you act like you probably always act. Nit pick and semantics til the original point is lost. Which you're quite happy with..

Sorry but are you obfuscating the point? You said group x of people lump people into categories.... When you then proceeded to do the same with them?

I don't remember any mention of doing it by ideology or people being 'born into it'. Are you changing the goal posts? Still sounds like hypocrisy to me..

Also why am I being lumped into the right wing? Where is my choice? I don't fit the usual patterns of anything (can you also please define what you mean by right wing?) that people usually are. My parentage and upbringing is not particularly normal certainly not by European standards, I hold a pretty diversified range of views on a number of topics.

To me it sounds like you act like you probably always act. Nit pick and semantics til the original point is lost. Which you're quite happy with..

There is a difference between treating people base don how they act and think as opposed to treating them based on where they are from or what they are

Odhinn wrote: »
    ..the usual debunked nonsense.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41807642

Right. Read the continual excusing of stats from your own link, we don't know this, we don't know that...

And i know a lot of people out there. The idea there is not serious problems out there is simply laughable. Then again who cares... :pac:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44278164?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cq23pdgvyl7t/south-africa&link_location=live-reporting-story

"Africa is for black people. Period. We need our land back and we're going to take it by force,"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Who is this lad? Would he be any craic to have a few pints with? Or just zero craic?

Stephen is a fierce man for Damien Dempsey and the Wolfe Tones when he's up at his Ma's battering cans of Guinness. This Tommy lad is a bit of dry ****e by all accounts.

Let's get something clear here. If you are a copper and you don't act on evidence of child abuse because you're afraid of being called racist then you are a disgrace to the job. You don't get to blame the left for ignoring it. And it's just as bad that people like you allow them to use that excuse. Do you really see it as an excuse? Would you let a kid suffer for fear of being called racist?

Its more than just coppers that weren't doing there job.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/girls-rochdale-grooming-scandal-case-13051982

A labour mp who wanted them to keep there mouths shut

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/844850/Naz-Shah-Jeremy-Corbyn-Rotherham-tweet-sex-victims-shut-mouths-diversity

My point stands. "I was afraid of the liberals calling me racist" is not a valid excuse for letting children be abused and the fact that some people so readily accept it because it helps their campaign against the left is pathetic.

My point stands. "I was afraid of the liberals calling me racist" is not a valid excuse for letting children be abused and the fact that some people so readily accept it because it helps their campaign against the left is pathetic.

But your quick to say everyone that has a view on islam is right and is bad and stupid and ignorant. I think your need to have a look at yourself. There hiring here you should be right at home
    https://twitter.com/uncoolamy/status/1002335944173907968

You cant beat a good old dose of sharia Law in the Uk not English law the law of Islam in a western country, who would have thought I would like muslim women to have the same rights as men but sure that's my Far right ignorant and stupidity sure im probably wrong about it as I cant tar them all the same.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sharia-law-uk-courts-muslim-women-rights-few-compared-islamic-countries-religious-rulings-quran-a8064796.html

For a Muslim man, it is simple. He merely has to say “I divorce you” (talaq) three times over a period of separation and the divorce is legitimate. A Muslim woman cannot say the words. She has to go to an Islamic judge in a Muslim country, or a sharia council in non-Muslim countries, to seek a judicial decree on specific grounds to be free. If she does not have any grounds for a divorce, she has to waive her “Mehr” – a compulsory financial gift by her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

But your quick to say everyone that has a view on islam is right and is bad and stupid and ignorant. I think your need to have a look at yourself. There hiring here you should be right at home

I've seen people throughout this thread who have ignored how completely unacceptable it is to report outside a trial that involves minor. It isn't a rule that just applies for when Muslims are involved. But instead you and others think he's hard done by. The rule exists as much to protect the victims btw. Tommy put his agenda ahead of victims and getting a successful conviction.

• Advertisement

Think you must have me mixed up with someone else. I don't care if you want to have a go at Islam. It seems I have to explain this quite regularly. Don't know why it's so hard to comprehend. My issue is with judging people based on their ethnic or cultural background. That's the part I find ignorant.

The way the right wing mind works is fascinating.

With this guy! when someone says something about islam there right and ignorant. Someone is ignorant for saying women should have more rights in Islam along with gays,transgender and jews. But we should all keep our mouths shut because we are attacking there culture. Did anyone know this case was happening until Tommy brought it to light everyone does now. Cliff Richard had the BBC filming while police raided his house. But lets keep rotterdam grooming trial all hush hush because we wouldn't want to offend. Maybe he was sick and tired of all the secrecy and non reporting of this case.

Someone is ignorant for saying women should have more rights in Islam along with gays,transgender and jews.

Where has anyone on this forum said anything remotely similar to that. Post your source there lad.

But we should all keep our mouths shut because we are attacking there culture.

Same as above. Post your source for that.

Did anyone know this case was happening until Tommy brought it to light everyone does now.

And what benefit is that? Sure the trial could be wrecked but at least everyone knows it was on. Why not just wait til it was over and then report on it? Or simply stick to facts about it?

Cliff Richard had the BBC filming while police raided his house.

Are you saying that was right?

But lets keep rotterdam grooming trial all hush hush because we wouldn't want to offend.

Because we want to ensure the trial is conducted properly and without interference. ****, how hard is this to comprehend?

Maybe he was sick and tired of all the secrecy and non reporting of this case.

Well that's just tough ****. You don't get to break the law because you are sick and tired of it's limitations. If you do you deal with the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Good enough for the kunt. Tommy Robinson is a fukking cockroache and can't wait till antifa get their paws on him.

Good enough for the kunt. Tommy Robinson is a fukking cockroache and can't wait till antifa get their paws on him.

Antifa, the opposite side of the Robinson coin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

My issue is with judging people based on their ethnic or cultural background. That's the part I find ignorant.

In the UK muslims who are 5% of the general population comprise 30% of the prison population. Most are in for acid attacks, domestic violence and sexual assault.

In Ireland, Travellers who comprise 2% of the population are about 15% of the general prison population and 80% of males over 20 have a criminal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

He really did not deserve to be jailed this time. He talks a lot of sense, it is just a pity that he does not sound articulate or well educated and his followers and those who protested his arrest were common thugs displaying hooligan behaviour. The actions of the people who follow him discredit anything he says, which is a pity.
    The police are definitely bullying him to the point of menace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

In the UK muslims who are 5% of the general population comprise 30% of the prison population. Most are in for acid attacks, domestic violence and sexual assault.

Got figures for that? I can't find anything that says they account for 30% of the prison population or what they're in for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

annascott wrote: »
    He really did not deserve to be jailed this time. He talks a lot of sense, it is just a pity that he does not sound articulate or well educated and his followers and those who protested his arrest were common thugs displaying hooligan behaviour. The actions of the people who follow him discredit anything he says, which is a pity.
    The police are definitely bullying him to the point of menace.

He did the same thing last year and was given a suspended sentence. He was specifically warned that if he did it again he'd go to jail. He knowingly broke the law, whilst streaming himself live on the internet, outside a fecking courthouse.

He deserved to go to jail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Its been done already, shameful performance really. antifa are a bunch of bums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

At the end of the day he’s in Contempt of Court having knowingly disobeyed a press embargo which could have seriously impacted the trial and not in a good way. What did he expect?

Even if your motivations are good and right you can’t expect to break the law and be rewarded.

• Advertisement

In Ireland, Travellers who comprise 2% of the population are about 15% of the general prison population and 80% of males over 20 have a criminal record.

And?

annascott wrote: »
    He really did not deserve to be jailed this time.

He was given a chance the last time. Why should he have been given another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

What's good for the for the goose...

AfterLife wrote:
    What's good for the for the goose...

What?

They are not much different to Robinson and his ilk. They just have a different cause. They should be in jail beside him.

It is interesting you post that video because it demonstrates the complete liar he is. He states in his commentary that the police refused to take it any further but in the video he says clearly "No, there's been no allegation. That's not how I handle things." Complete contradiction.

And?

Dont you think that is an unusually high rate of incidence? These are a criminal class where the muslim society and traveller society share many similarities. You have males with low IQs, Intermarrying of cousins and are prone to violence.

When they arrive, they bring their culture and feuds with them. Why do we have to put up with them?

Dont you think that is an unusually high rate of incidence? These are a criminal class where the muslim society and traveller society share many similarities. You have males with low IQs, Intermarrying of cousins and are prone to violence.

When they arrive, they bring their culture and feuds with them. Why do we have to put up with them?

I do think it's high but I don't think it justifies a universal ban on Muslims.

Do you think it is a "little" high or "very" high? Do you work in insurance ...... ? Guess not. That is an astronomic number as a percentage. Just you wait until they get to the second generation. Once they work out they have problems fitting in they become very aggressive.

Before you counter it with the old chestnut about all the Irish in Britain, My father was in England from '58 to '73 and It would have motivated the Irish government to find a solution to Northern Ireland much faster if there had been a travel ban on Irish citizens. The difference between Post WW2 Britain and Post Celtic Tiger Ireland is we dont migrant workers or migrant that will never be financially independent

Do you think it is a "little" high or "very" high? Do you work in insurance ...... ? Guess not. That is an astronomic number as a percentage. Just you wait until they get to the second generation. Once they work out they have problems fitting in they become very aggressive.

Before you counter it with the old chestnut about all the Irish in Britain, My father was in England from '58 to '73 and It would have motivated the Irish government to find a solution to Northern Ireland much faster if there had been a travel ban on Irish citizens. The difference between Post WW2 Britain and Post Celtic Tiger Ireland is we dont migrant workers or migrant that will never be financially independent

I fully understand your logic, I just find it abhorrent. Not sure if you are getting that distinction.

Edit: This might help you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did you ever reveal the source of your figures? You claim they make up 30% of the prison population yet this article (based on figures produced for parliament) says 15%.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/lammy-review-muslim-prisoners_uk_59afcaa0e4b0b5e531022f26?guccounter=1

From your "fitting in" comment you seem to think the majority are migrants. Do you have anything to support that?

I fully understand your logic, I just find it abhorrent. Not sure if you are getting that distinction.

Edit: This might help you understand.

You find it abhorrent that I wish to protect my own nation and country from a crowd that will want to destroy it because they are under the illusion that our grandads invaded their grandads back and took them to America a few hundred years back?.

I never said "Kill the Poor" its usually the poor working class natives that have to suffer in working class towns like Stafford, Telford and Rotherham. There are 55 no go zones in Sweden.

I find it abhorrent but they bring no benefits to our society, they have no skills demand reparation (ie white privilege and diversity quotas) and the long term benefits seem to be them to be more likely to end up in the prison system.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement