Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I believe it is high lighting a topic that is very serious and the Home Office/ Police and Politicians are ignoring and when caught letting the offenders off.

But they aren't chanting about child abuse are they? They are chanting about Tommy Robinson as far as I can hear. They really don't care about child abuse, it's just something they can use to justify their xenophobia and hatred.

And let's not forget that this started with a court case prosecuting offenders. And I believe his suspended sentence was for a separate court case doing the same. So if the issue is with people being let off why are they targeting the court cases in progress?

Are you suggesting that child abuse isnt a problem in Northern England?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Nope.

You got me there....... you heard it here first, child abuse isnt a problem, carry on as you were Anjem.

Lets ignore all the report and the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

You got me there....... you heard it here first, child abuse isnt a problem, carry on as you were Anjem.

He didn't say child abuse isn't a problem... Also you conveniently ignored the rest of his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Traffic cones today, plastic furniture when the world cup starts

....I'd imagine the Russian police will have some contribution to make on that very issue.

I'm not surprised you ignored the rest of the post.

But to quash your surprise I will spell it out to you like I would a child learning how questions and answers work. The question was am I suggesting it is not a problem. My answer was "nope" as in "nope I am not suggesting it is not a problem".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

With the carry on of those EDL scum earlier kinda shows up the Irish cockroaches to be full of pi$$ and vinegar.

I suppose we can be thankful they just pollute Irish forums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

They probably saw a dark skinned copper and lost it.

Stupid comment from you i must say. There are plenty of dark skinned people involved in the protest. The police are getting attacked because they are the police.

I'm not surprised you ignored the rest of the post.

But to quash your surprise I will spell it out to you like I would a child learning how questions and answers work. The question was am I suggesting it is not a problem. My answer was "nope" as in "nope I am not suggesting it is not a problem".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/20/rotherham-sexual-abuse-victims-rises-to-1510-operation-stovewood

Now that is not Brietbart or Infowars......

over 1500 abductions and rapes are not a problem? Guess that isnt covered by "Me too!" ?

thebull85 wrote: »
    Stupid comment from you i must say. There are plenty of dark skinned people involved in the protest. The police are getting attacked because they are the police.

I've watched a few videos of the rioting arseholes... Struggling to find the non white football hooligans.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/20/rotherham-sexual-abuse-victims-rises-to-1510-operation-stovewood

over 1500 abductions and rapes are not a problem? Guess that isnt covered by "Me too!" ?

I'm not sure if you're intentionally misreading his post or not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

With the carry on of those EDL scum earlier kinda shows up the Irish cockroaches to be full of pi$$ and vinegar.

I suppose we can be thankful they just pollute Irish forums.

Rude.

• Advertisement

hqdefault.jpg

just saying

Ah, that's alright so. :rolleyes:

I see you are rolling with your mistake as if it was correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

But they aren't chanting about child abuse are they? They are chanting about Tommy Robinson as far as I can hear. They really don't care about child abuse, it's just something they can use to justify their xenophobia and hatred.

Actually, Muslim child grooming gangs and Islamic terrorism justifies their hatred. EDL types wouldn't exist if Muslims weren't raping kids and bombing English cities. Case in point is the absence of an Irish equivalent of an EDL, we don't have Muslim child grooming gangs or Islamic terrorism,s o we don't have mainstream groups like the EDL.

I wouldn't describe them as xenophobic, xenophobia is an irrational hatred of all things foreign and there's no evidence they hate all things foreign.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    I've watched a few videos of the rioting arseholes... Struggling to find the non white football hooligans.

There are plenty of coloured people in the crowd i havent seen the videos of rioting yet, just a couple of minutes of the live stream.

The police are not being attacked because of their race.

Actually, Muslim child grooming gangs and Islamic terrorism justifies their hatred. EDL types wouldn't exist if Muslims weren't raping kids and bombing English cities. Case in point is the absence of an Irish equivalent of an EDL, we don't have Muslim child grooming gangs or Islamic terrorism,s o we don't have mainstream groups like the EDL.

I wouldn't describe them as xenophobic, xenophobia is an irrational hatred of all things foreign and there's no evidence they hate all things foreign.

EDL groups existed long before Muslim immigration became an issue. Or did Combat 18 trash Lansdowne Road because they thought it was a mosque?

Dont be silly. Im not saying its alright.

hqdefault.jpg

just saying

Sikhs have long experience of Islamic hatred from at home.... that is why they dont want to see Islamic Terrorism in their new homes

There are plenty of coloured people in the crowd i havent seen the videos of rioting yet, just a couple of minutes of the live stream.

The police are not being attacked because of their race.

I know they're not. They are being attack by a group of people who are pretty known for their racism and football hooliganism by the looks of things. Seems like you prefer to ignore this criminal behaviour, strange that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

hqdefault.jpg

just saying

There's a few numpties in there like that, just Sikhs and Hindhu's who hate Muslims basically.

• Advertisement

If those idiots are 'surrounded by Islamic terrorists', and they've yet to be blown up, then that's the last bit of respect I had for ISIS gone right out the window.

Can you explain why you respected them to begin with?

I know they're not. They are being attack by a group of people who are pretty known for their racism and football hooliganism by the looks of things. Seems like you prefer to ignore this criminal behaviour, strange that...

I mean protests have attacked the police since I was a kid. Some of the ancestors of these guys were giving well to thatchers police mobs during the miner strikes.

Back then the law and order brigade were on the right. However since then the middle classes have colonised the left.

Im not ignoring it i havent seen any videos of it yet. I wont condone attacking the police ever.

Ill comment on it when i see it.

To be honest with you i would say its a stretch to even call all of the people involved in the rioting racist, you dont have to be racist to want to start a riot as we have seen in this country on occasion.

Im not ignoring it i havent seen any videos of it yet. I wont condone attacking the police ever.

Ill comment on it when i see it.

To be honest with you i would say its a stretch to even call all of the people involved in the rioting racist, you dont have to be racist to want to start a riot as we have seen in this country on occasion.

They aren't being called racist because they are rioting. They are being called racist because they are racist.

The British ruling classes have always been thick. They never learn.

The last thing you want is a martyr. The solution to Rochdale wasn’t to bury it but to proesecute to the full extent of the law the perpetrators. Instead they held hidden court cases ( justice was always assumed to be done, and seen to be done), arrested a guy who had led the original protests for protesting, gave him a longer sentence than some of the perps. (For all we know, since the cases were hidden) and voila - a martyr.

If he is killed in there Britain will burn.

They aren't being called racist because they are rioting. They are being called racist because they are racist.

Each and every one of the rioters are racist are they?

Are you sure about that one?

• Advertisement

Each and every one of the rioters are racist are they?

Are you sure about that one?

No, some of them are probably just stupid.

dd972 wrote: »
    There's a few numpties in there like that, just Sikhs and Hindhu's who hate Muslims basically.
    That particularly guy went to Jail for a violent crime, was briefly on run.
    I mean protests have attacked the police since I was a kid. Some of the ancestors of these guys were giving well to thatchers police mobs during the miner strikes.

Back then the law and order brigade were on the right. However since then the middle classes have colonised the left.

Since this particular group are claiming that the Muslim community is fostering disobedience of British law and violence. There's a distinct degree of irony in this instance. Free Tommy for breaking the law, get violent and create all round chaos to protest. No actual sign of ordinary protest. Some more content from it including some Nazi Salutes, not generally something that occurs at a protest.
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/tommy-robinson-protest/

Also let's be realistic here, he is in prison for breaking the law. You guys seem to keep forgetting that.

No, some of them are probably just stupid.

Anyone getting involved in a riot is stupid, Captain Obvious :)

Pretending to know that they are all racist is also stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Can you explain why you respected them to begin with?

I can explain humour to you, but it would be tedious for both of us.

wacist!

I’ve heard this middle class crap for a decade or more. Far from solving any problems it exacerbated them.

If for instance the U.K. had used some of its powers within the EU to limit migration it might have not had Brexit. To suggest it would have been wacist. If claims of wacism hasn’t been made against the claims of the Rochdale rapes to begin with, we wouldn’t be here.

• Advertisement

Why stop being tedious now?

I think someone should explain humour to you.

Anyone getting involved in a riot is stupid, Captain Obvious :)

Pretending to know that they are all racist is also stupid.

I can confidently say a considerable proportion of the people the rally are racist. This isn't stupid, it's based upon the demographics of his fanbase. People who are concerned about being "replaced". Conspiracies about Sharia law replacing law and order etc. Yep, racists and xenophobes are people he attracts.

That particularly guy went to Jail for a violent crime, was briefly on run.

Since this particular group are claiming that the Muslim community is fostering disobedience of British law and violence. There's a distinct degree of irony in this instance. Free Tommy for breaking the law, get violent and create all round chaos to protest. No actual sign of ordinary protest. Some more content from it including some Nazi Salutes, not generally something that occurs at a protest.
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/tommy-robinson-protest/

Also let's be realistic here, he is in prison for breaking the law. You guys seem to keep forgetting that.

The question is the disproportionateness of the sentence. I mean the Irish rebels were arrested and shot for breaking the law. Treason.

I think someone should explain humour to you.

Somehow don't think it'll be you, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

They aren't unless you think loving your country is racist or being child rape gangs is racist or supporting freedom of speech is racist.

I can confidently a considerable proportion of the people the rally are racist. This isn't stupid, it's based upon the demographics of his fanbase. People who are concerned about being "replaced". Conspiracies about Sharia law replacing law and order etc. Yep, racists and xenophobes are people he attracts.

Probably there are racists in there. There were communists in the anti thatcher riots.

The question is - does the arrrest of Tommy Robinson make sense proportionally to other sentences.

Or course he’s a prick - look at the support for Israel. However this action was unwise.

Somehow don't think it'll be you, tbh.

You're damn right it wont son..

The question is the disproportionateness of the sentence. I mean the Irish rebels were arrested and shot for breaking the law. Treason.

It was his second time doing it, he's had multiple convictions already. The sentence is pretty fair when you take into account this info. Secondly, why did he have zero respect for the victims? The restrictions are in place to protect victims who are minors. I have not heard a single supporter of Robinsons acknowledge how completely dodgy that behaviour was. Granted, he engages in a lot of dodgy behaviour.

wacist!

I’ve heard this middle class crap for a decade or more. Far from solving any problems it exacerbated them.

If for instance the U.K. had used some of its powers within the EU to limit migration it might have not had Brexit. To suggest it would have been wacist. If claims of wacism hasn’t been made against the claims of the Rochdale rapes to begin with, we wouldn’t be here.

They had plenty of ways to limit immigration. The fact that people think they didn't is either an indicator of the general intelligence of the British voter or the level of deception spread by right wing groups.

• Advertisement

They had plenty of ways to limit immigration. The fact that people think they didn't is either an indicator of the general intelligence of the British voter or the level of deception spread by right wing groups.

I suspect an image of the UK being the British Empire was a substantial factor in Brexit. Basically arrogance on what they can achieve outside of EU, which they look likely to regret.

What you had was a relatively small single issue party, pushing an issue that a sizable minority believed. Being a single issue party, they enjoyed little success. However a few brain boxes decided, for their own enhancement, to give the single issue party a vote on that very single issue. The sizable minority turned out to vote, and there ye go.

And yes, a good deal of them thought they'd be stopping more pakistanis arriving by leaving the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Any of the Irish branch of the Robinson fan club head over for the march today?

Nah, too busy being angry on the internet on a sunny day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

20Cent wrote: »
    They will be forming a new group in prison, the anal defense league adl.

Prison rape is funny is it? Excusing sexual assault, shocker. Scummy comment.

....on past performance only Irish based poles will show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I see you are rolling with your mistake as if it was correct.

When in doubt double down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The British ruling classes have always been thick. They never learn.

The last thing you want is a martyr. The solution to Rochdale wasn’t to bury it but to proesecute to the full extent of the law the perpetrators. Instead they held hidden court cases ( justice was always assumed to be done, and seen to be done), arrested a guy who had led the original protests for protesting, gave him a longer sentence than some of the perps. (For all we know, since the cases were hidden) and voila - a martyr.

If he is killed in there Britain will burn.

On Sky News today the presenter described it as 'a court case'. It's baffling to me why even some information about the case can't be revealed without giving away who the perpetrators are or where they are from. I don't see how revealing that info could jeopardize further cases.

If we are to accept the judicial systems reasoning fine but they had better explain it in every last detail when all these cases are over. I suspect they will string it out for as long as they possibly can - possibly years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

This is why all this was kept hidden and let to continue.

Reports of thousands of young white girls groomed, piled with drugs and raped just shrugged away. Nobody wanting to touch it for fear of losing their jobs because people like you would call them racist and start a stupid hashtag campaign calling for them to be fired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Several of our friends attended, two Irish born, the others were British, and shock,horror, two were black!

In the past the British media have ignored these marches, they can no longer do so because of the growing numbers, so instead, they have attacked and portrayed today's march as a far right attack on the police. It was nothing of the sort. But by all means, believe what you want to believe.

I've searched the papers, but could not find one report on the Antifa group waiting nearby today, drooling at the thought of a fight. Alas for them, it never happened.

These days everyone to the right of Karl Marx is labelled a racist, fascist Nazi. I find it abhorrent that law abiding, decent people exercising their democratic right to march be compared to one of the most vile regimes in history. Words come easy, but let's not take free speech from those whose opinions differ from ours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement