Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I think it is better known that a muslim cannot serve in a "Kafir" army or police force. You cannot reconcile the two ideas. There is an immediate conflict of interest between Civil and Sharia law. That is akin to saying that you are an IRA sympathizer in the 1980's in the London Metropolitan Police force. The two ideas are in direct conflict with each other. If you are to do your duty as a muslim and arrived at a scene of a difference between a native Briton and a Muslim, you are obliged to side with the muslim.

You could say the same about christians. If there's a conflict between the duty as a christian and their duties as a soldier then they can't. The same goes for their duty to obey canon law
    But there are many muslims in the armies nations of the world. Just as there are christians. And in every war there are people who object, and they belong to many religions or none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Whatever you're smoking, I suggest you have a word and get your money back. You're making a complete show of yourself with your racist, ignorant nonsense and I think you should go for a lie down. Really.

I dont smoke anything or take illegal drugs that is waster stoners to do. If you mean "racist" like Trotsky envisage, then yes I am an Anti-communist.
    Your sh1tting me, no drugs and you post stuff like you do. Amazeballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Odhinn wrote: »
    So you've no problems with Sikhs sticking to certain aspects of their culture, you just have it in for the muslims?
    Why do you criticise the notion of a muslim police situation yet ignore the sikhs and christians doing the same thing
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/berkshire/8022999.stm
    What has this to do with you being entirely wrong about muslim attitudes towards the british police force?

But you said earlier they couldn't fight for a "kafir" army?

Really? What was his name?

I have no problems with Sikhs serving as members of British army as they have both distinguished themselves and are not in conflict with the british army. I do not "have it" in for Muslims. I respect that muslims have their own lets say "unique" culture and I urge them to practice it in their appropriate countries. I have never abused a police officer but the fact remains. Muslims are approximately 5% of the UK general population and take up 15% of Prison population.

They are forbidden to fight in the Koran for the Kafir.

47:4 When you encounter the Kafirs on the battlefield, cut off their heads until you have thoroughly defeated them and then take the prisoners and tie them up firmly.

A Kafir can be plotted against—

86:15 They plot and scheme against you [Mohammed], and I plot and scheme against them. Therefore, deal calmly with the Kafirs and leave them alone for a while.

A Kafir can be terrorized—

8:12 Then your Lord spoke to His angels and said, “I will be with you. Give strength to the believers. I will send terror into the Kafirs’ hearts, cut off their heads and even the tips of their fingers!”

A Muslim is not the friend of a Kafir—

3:28 Believers should not take Kafirs as friends in preference to other believers. Those who do this will have none of Allah’s protection and will only have themselves as guards. Allah warns you to fear Him for all will return to Him.

A Kafir is evil—

23:97 And say: Oh my Lord! I seek refuge with You from the suggestions of the evil ones [Kafirs]. And I seek refuge with you, my Lord, from their presence.

A Kafir is disgraced—

37:18 Tell them, “Yes! And you [Kafirs] will be disgraced.”

A Kafir is cursed—

33:60 They [Kafirs] will be cursed, and wherever they are found, they will be seized and murdered. It was Allah’s same practice with those who came before them, and you will find no change in Allah’s ways.

Mohammed Amin al-Husseini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Skooter - You're the gift that keeps giving. I'll give you that.

Your latest posts are pure entertainment for the sheer BS, ignorance, and nonsense you've posted here tonight. You have enlivened my otherwise boring Thursday night, and I thank you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

"Muslims are disloyal! By their own religion they cannot join the military or the police!"

*load of Muslims in the cops and army*

"Gaaaah they're up to something"

Ironically a Muslim in the British Army is the literal epitome of integration, but even when it happens all the 'they should integrate' brigade have a whinge.

It's almost like they just plain don't like Muslims.

The British Army is a rotten institution in many ways, but that's probably an argument for a different day. Most of the people in it come from depressed post-industrial parts of England and Scotland where there's p*ss all else to be doing bar working in a warehouse on a zero hours or going on the dole. Robinson knew full well he'd dump a lot of these youngfellas in the sh*te but he also knew full well he'd get publicity from it - which is all that matters to him at the end of the day.

Grayson wrote: »
    You could say the same about christians. If there's a conflict between the duty as a christian and their duties as a soldier then they can't. The same goes for their duty to obey canon law
    But there are many muslims in the armies nations of the world. Just as there are christians. And in every war there are people who object, and they belong to many religions or none at all.

Sweet Jesus!!! Have you ever been a soldier? Soldiers dont follow Canon law, that is for the RC clergy, the army follows orders and army regulations. You eat what is in front of you, you run when you get a break and duck when you hear shots. You wear kit that is issued to you and be grateful for rations. I never once questioned in my time, "Is the Chaplain ok with this?".

That is the most ambiguous statement ever. The sun will rise tomorrow and if it isnt raining it will be sunny. How about that!??!

Skooter - You're the gift that keeps giving. I'll give you that.

Your latest posts are pure entertainment for the sheer BS, ignorance, and nonsense you've posted here tonight. You have enlivened my otherwise boring Thursday night, and I thank you! :D

Ahhhh Miss although I have never known you on boards or in the flesh, you have brightened up my night from flicking through Youtube videos of Tommy Robinson and Sargon of Akkad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Sweet Jesus!!! Have you ever been a soldier? Soldiers dont follow Canon law, that is for the RC clergy, the army follows orders and army regulations. You eat what is in front of you, you run when you get a break and duck when you hear shots. You wear kit that is issued to you and be grateful for rations. I never once questioned in my time, "Is the Chaplain ok with this?".

That is the most ambiguous statement ever. The sun will rise tomorrow and if it isnt raining it will be sunny. How about that!??!

But you know there are Muslim police officers and soldiers? This isn't lost on you right? You'll also find that the military are perfectly fine with different religious denominations and accommodate for it. Eg if Jewish, you can get kosher meals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I have no problems with Sikhs serving as members of British army as they have both distinguished themselves and are not in conflict with the british army. I do not "have it" in for Muslims. I respect that muslims have their own lets say "unique" culture and I urge them to practice it in their appropriate countries. I have never abused a police officer but the fact remains. Muslims are approximately 5% of the UK general population and take up 15% of Prison population.

But you do, as you've no problems with Sikhs or christian groupings.

Why don't you want sikhs to practice their culture in their "appropriate countries"?

Why can't you face up to the fact of 2,000 muslims police officers in the UK?

But they do - 2 million in ww1 alone for the French, for the British, so evidently your cherry picked quotes are just that, and you're actually wrong.

....was the grand mufti of jersualem. He actually lost the election but was appointed by the Brits regardless.

You are aware that jerursalem is not in Iran? that it is a city not a state?That the "grand mufti" title is a feature of sunni islam, not shia islam (and yes, Iran is a shia majority country)

FTA69 wrote: »
    The British Army is a rotten institution in many ways, but that's probably an argument for a different day. Most of the people in it come from depressed post-industrial parts of England and Scotland where there's p*ss all else to be doing bar working in a warehouse on a zero hours or going on the dole.

You know about a perfect institution? The one that runs perfectly with no faults, no treasurers robbing members dues? No defaults on payments? No sweeping the odd sexual scandal under the carpet? no bribes? No sexual harassment of junior members? If you find it tell me about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

47:4 When you encounter the Kafirs on the battlefield, cut off their heads until you have thoroughly defeated them and then take the prisoners and tie them up firmly.

A Kafir can be plotted against—

86:15 They plot and scheme against you [Mohammed], and I plot and scheme against them. Therefore, deal calmly with the Kafirs and leave them alone for a while.

A Kafir can be terrorized—

8:12 Then your Lord spoke to His angels and said, “I will be with you. Give strength to the believers. I will send terror into the Kafirs’ hearts, cut off their heads and even the tips of their fingers!”

A Muslim is not the friend of a Kafir—

3:28 Believers should not take Kafirs as friends in preference to other believers. Those who do this will have none of Allah’s protection and will only have themselves as guards. Allah warns you to fear Him for all will return to Him.

A Kafir is evil—

23:97 And say: Oh my Lord! I seek refuge with You from the suggestions of the evil ones [Kafirs]. And I seek refuge with you, my Lord, from their presence.

A Kafir is disgraced—

37:18 Tell them, “Yes! And you [Kafirs] will be disgraced.”

A Kafir is cursed—

33:60 They [Kafirs] will be cursed, and wherever they are found, they will be seized and murdered. It was Allah’s same practice with those who came before them, and you will find no change in Allah’s ways.

And yet from my link earlier
    while French, Belgian and Canadian officers expressed surprise at their humane treatment of German prisoners of war. When asked to explain their conduct, the soldiers quoted the Quran and the teachings of Muhammad on how enemy combatants should be dealt with.

Proving that just like christians the majority of Muslims do not fall for the claptrap in an old book. You and your ilk may see threats everywhere you look and you honestly have my pity because it must be terrible to live your whole life in a constant state of fear from a threat that does not really exist.

You know about a perfect institution? The one that runs perfectly with no faults, no treasurers robbing members dues? No defaults on payments? No sweeping the odd sexual scandal under the carpet? no bribes? No sexual harassment of junior members? If you find it tell me about it.

We're not talking about the GAA where the odd few pound for tickets goes missing or a charity shop where the clerk brings home a nice jacket that came in. We're on about a military institution that's steeped in colonialism whose reason for being was to enforce imperial interests abroad - whether that be interning Irish people without trial, shooting Indian demonstrators, torturing Kenyan prisoners or bombing Iraqi towns on behalf of American oil companies.

British colonialism was predicated on racism and the idea of others being as people in need of civilisation at the point of a gun. Theres little positive about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

and the relevance of that to a police officer or serving soldier?

I dont know...

Probably as...
    Well thank you for at least admitting you're making this up as you go.

Islam does portray itself as the sole righteous religion with all others being inferior. Like all religions really. Christians and Jews are viewed as monotheistic people's deserving of good treatment and respect in the hope they'll eventually convert to the One True Faith, again, a common doctrine amongst all religions. The one idea where Islamic theory (in some cases) is proper vicious is regarding people who aren't monotheists and then it can get quite saucy, although nowadays it's a minority of Islamic scholars who'd actually espouse that.

All in all I've little time for it, and I won't make excuses for it. No more than I would make excuses for religious conservatives in Ireland or anywhere else. There's definitely a worrying hardening to Islamic attitudes across the world that we should all confront.

However the idea that Muslims in Europe are some homogeneous malevolent bloc plotting to do us all in is a load of conspiratorial right wing bollocks and it's far removed from the truth.

But you do, as you've no problems with Sikhs or christian groupings.

Why don't you want sikhs to practice their culture in their "appropriate countries"?

Why can't you face up to the fact of 2,000 muslims police officers in the UK?

But they do - 2 million in ww1 alone for the French, for the British, so evidently your cherry picked quotes are just that, and you're actually wrong.

....was the grand mufti of jersualem. He actually lost the election but was appointed by the Brits regardless.

You are aware that jerursalem is not in Iran? that it is a city not a state?That the "grand mufti" title is a feature of sunni islam, not shia islam (and yes, Iran is a shia majority country)

I am not aware of any christian or Sikh group that is negatively impacting me.
    I think it is a big mistake having a diverse police force as it is having a diverse population.
    Like the British those fighting for the French werent doing so under their own free will, they were ordered to for their Algerian masters and were paid appropriately. I doubt any of them could tell you what they were fighting for or had seen a world map.

The Grand Mufti lost the election was it like some kind of Halal version of the "Who want to be the Mufti 1936?". To be honest I dont watch big brother myself but I hear it was good craic this year.

As for Jerusalem being a city not a state. I couldnt care less. Shia, Sunny, Mufti, Minge, Halal, Jizya, Taqqiya, its all the same to me. You are all free to practice what ever religion you want, where ever you want just not on my door step. Just the same as Christianity isnt tolerated in their countries.

I think it is a big mistake having a diverse police force as it is having a diverse population.
    Like the British those fighting for the French werent doing so under their own free will, they were ordered to for their Algerian masters and were paid appropriately. I doubt any of them could tell you what they were fighting for or had seen a world map.

The Grand Mufti lost the election was it like some kind of Halal version of the "Who want to be the Mufti 1936?". To be honest I dont watch big brother myself but I hear it was good craic this year.

As for Jerusalem being a city not a state. I couldnt care less. Shia, Sunny, Mufti, Minge, Halal, Jizya, Taqqiya, its all the same to me. You are all free to practice what ever religion you want, where ever you want just not on my door step. Just the same as Christianity isnt tolerated in their countries.

Many british soldiers in WW1 were not there of their own free will they were drafted into the army.

Your just way too stubborn to admit you are wrong, you mad a ridiculous claim, you were shown you were wrong and instead if just admitting that you either lied or made up your claim you decided to dig yourself into an even deeper hole with more false claims/lies.

Tell me then how the muslim police association negatively impact your life.

But there is a diverse population.

You think that the pre-reform RUC should have been left as they were? Please explain.

I've no idea what that's meant to mean or be about. Again - two million muslims fought on the allied side in WW1. Nothing you've said gainsays that fact.

The Grand Mufti (...............)year.

You don't wish to admit you're entirely wrong I see.
    As for Jerusalem being a city not a state. I couldnt care less. S(......)countries.

Yet here you are posting barely understood quarter and half "facts" and then defending them without reference to reality.

However the idea that Muslims in Europe are some homogeneous malevolent bloc plotting to do us all in is a load of conspiratorial right wing bollocks and it's far removed from the truth.

..........and tell me how did all work out in Lebanon after they took in Palestinian refugees in the 1950's. Lebanon went from Paris of the east, to civil unrest, civil war, ethnic cleansing and now look at it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

..which would be illegal and thus have no standing....

Wrong there.

• Advertisement

..........and tell me how did all work out in Lebanon after they took in Palestinian refugees in the 1950's.
    Lebanon went from Paris of the east, to civil unrest, civil war, ethnic cleansing and now look at it today.

You realise that Lebanon was majority muslim from at least the early 1900's? No, I don't suppose you do.

Danzy wrote: »
    Wrong there.

An "underground" and thus illegal court has legal standing? Do please go on.

Tell me then how the muslim police association negatively impact your life.

But there is a diverse population.

You think that the pre-reform RUC should have been left as they were? Please explain.

I've no idea what that's meant to mean or be about. Again - two million muslims fought on the allied side in WW1. Nothing you've said gainsays that fact.

You don't wish to admit you're entirely wrong I see.

Yet here you are posting barely understood quarter and half "facts" and then defending them without reference to reality.

I always watch the UK, I do not think they are better than us but they make many decisions that we usually follow suit there after.

I dont deny there is a diverse population in the UK. They also have a higher prison population, drugs problem and literacy problems per capita. I would like us to avoid the same mistakes here.

The Northern Question is much more complex than that. I think it was a great solution from a british perspective to set two unruly groups upon each other. I think they are becoming tired of paying for a country that doesnt return tax and lives in a fairy land of "Send London the bill". I actually get on well with my Church of Ireland neighbours, its not about religion, its about setting two diverse cultures on eachother.

Muslims also fought for Germany during world war 1 as well. You pay 'em they turn up and fight. So what?

Time will tell, History would be a better rule of thumb rather hugs and drugs. I would view our current social situation on par with the final days of Rome.

It does when you live in a community that uses terror and violence to enforce its social norms.

Muslims also fought for Germany during world war 1 as well. You pay 'em they turn up and fight. So what?

...you claimed they wouldn't fight for a "kafir" army...., like you claimed they wouldn't join a police force, that shia Iran had a "grand mufti", like you implied there was something subversive about a muslim police association but failed to apply the same "logic" to christian and sikh police associations.

You realise that Lebanon was majority muslim from at least the early 1900's? No, I don't suppose you do.

So what do you think caused all the civil unrest? The Bad Christians, right? yeah?

• Advertisement

It does when you live in a community that uses terror and violence to enforce its social norms.

"terror and violence" have legal standing in uk civil courts? Do please post a few examples there.

"terror and violence" have legal standing in uk civil courts? Do please post a few examples there.

ROTHERHAM............... enough said. 1400 children abducted and raped in a small town and the politicians and police covered it up.

FGM, an old favourite. 4000 estimated in Ireland and not one prosecution. 6000 in London last year. That is from Reuters not from Brietbart.

Muslim Gangs in UK prisons. Now that looks like building an army. You have the lower prisoner IQ and disposition for violence and criminal activity.

Those are just a few examples.

Don't think it was to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Never been a soldier. I'm literally the only person in my family, going back generations who isn't/wasn't one.

Christians, particularly catholics, obey canon law along with other dictates of the church. This includes their rules on a just war etc... Belonging to an army would/should imply that the army is also aligned with the beliefs of the soldier.

Yet for some reason you think that Christian soldiers and Muslim soldiers are different. You say a christian soldier would never question an order but seem to think that muslim ones would.

There are many muslim soldiers in the US army. The same goes for GB and other western countries. They fight and die just like anyone else.

I find it weird when a non Muslim proclaims something like "muslims can't join the army" despite all the evidence that many do. The evidence to disprove the statement is plain to see.

So what do you think caused all the civil unrest? The Bad Christians, right? yeah?

Destabilisation was caused in Lebanon by the fact it was situated in a volatile region, sandwiched between more powerful neighbours and had a history of competing communities. Long before the Palestinians arrived there had been historic tensions between Greek, Shia, Sunni, Druze and Christian populations that had erupted in horrific slaughter over the centuries. The Palestinians didn't arrive in Lebanon by choice by the way, they were driven there after being systematically expelled from their lands to the south.

Robert Fisk wrote a great book about it called Pity the Nation. I'd suggest you give it a nose before reducing one of the world's most complex and ancient country's story to 'the Muslims did it'.

• Advertisement

Robert Fisk wrote a great book about it called Pity the Nation. I'd suggest you give it a nose before reducing one of the world's most complex and ancient country's story to 'the Muslims did it'.

Well the Muslims are the last men standing in Lebanon, it was hardly the Japanese

Grayson wrote: »
    Never been a soldier. I'm literally the only person in my family, going back generations who isn't/wasn't one.

Christians, particularly catholics, obey canon law along with other dictates of the church. This includes their rules on a just war etc... Belonging to an army would/should imply that the army is also aligned with the beliefs of the soldier.

Yet for some reason you think that Christian soldiers and Muslim soldiers are different. You say a christian soldier would never question an order but seem to think that muslim ones would.

There are many muslim soldiers in the US army. The same goes for GB and other western countries. They fight and die just like anyone else.

I find it weird when a non Muslim proclaims something like "muslims can't join the army" despite all the evidence that many do. The evidence to disprove the statement is plain to see.

All my cousin are nurses, Doctors and other medical professions. Would you be interested in hearing my medical opinion, or have me perform surgery on you?

Muslim armies promote on family placings rather than ability and performance as in western ones.

That is not what I said at all. I said that the Koran forbids Muslims from "Kafir" armies and police forces. Not the same thing.

All my cousin are nurses, Doctors and other medical professions. Would you be interested in hearing my medical opinion, or have me perform surgery on you?

Muslim armies promote on family placings rather than ability and performance as in western ones.

[B!₩That is not what I said at all. I said that the Koran forbids Muslims from "Kafir" armies and police forces. Not the same thing[/b].

What? You literally said
    I read the article. Why does the British Army have a muslim advisor on retainer? A Muslim cannot join either the British Army or the police force. This is forbidden by the Muslim religion.

And then when called out on the stupidity if that post you flopped around in an attemt to reword it!

It's already been proven beyond doubt that Muslims DO join armies and police forces from other non Muslim countries yet you still claim they cant/don't.

Which army did you serve in and how many Muslims were serving with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

This is comedy gold from skooter. Priceless.

They aren't underground, why you pretend they are, who knows.

If you believe they are underground....

Don't think it was to be fair.

It was,certainly in the 1930's - 54% muslim. Not a massive majority in truth.

They aren't underground, why you pretend they are, who knows.

If you believe they are underground....

Any such court has to abide by the law...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Large number of "Free Tommy Robinson" supporters wanted by police.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/free-tommy-robinson-protesters-sought-13416545
    Detectives have released 17 images of men that they would like to speak to in connection with serious disorder at the rally on Saturday June 9.

The protest saw demonstrators wave Union Jack flags and brandish placards as they chanted for the former EDL leader to be freed.

Robinson, 35, had been jailed for contempt of court after broadcasting a Facebook Live clip outside Leeds Crown Court, allegedly after ignoring reporting restrictions on a long-running case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a common theme running through the pictures of all those "protestors", I just can't qwhite put my finger on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Large number of "Free Tommy Robinson" supporters wanted by police.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/free-tommy-robinson-protesters-sought-13416545

Diverse looking crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's a good subreddit on these types. Basically taking the píss out of white nationalists and Nazis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/beholdthemasterrace/top

Here's a good example: https://www.reddit.com/r/beholdthemasterrace/comments/8t123e/thiss_the_result_from_decades_of_genetic/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/13/anti-fascists-block-route-of-democratic-football-lads-alliance-london-march

There was a march on Saturday by the Democratic Football Lads Alliance which featured around 1000 muppets coming into central London having a whinge. They were on about how they're simply "anti extremism" but a load of their videos feature rants against migrants, Africans and Romanians. One of their speakers on stage went on a mad David Icke rant about globalisation, George Soros, big pharma and white pride in schools.

Their march was blocked and they dispersed, with a load of them then firming up and attempting to attack a separate union demonstration but were seen off and eventually the cops surrounded us and kettled us in while the idiots drifted off.

Absolutely pathetic day out for them and for all their talk the true colours of the British far right are emerging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Democratic Football Lads Alliance

I thought you made this name up to make fun of them, but no it's real somehow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nixonbot wrote: »
    I thought you made this name up to make fun of them, but no it's real somehow :D

These people are beyond parody.

Nixonbot wrote: »

Coalition of football casuals/hooligans that has a far-right political agenda and is being courged by UKIP as some sort of burgeoning street movement.

A far sounder (and better dressed bunch) are the Football Lads and Lasses Against Fascism who turned out on the day and met in North London. There was Celtic, Palace, Birmingham, Villa, Leicester and Spurs with a small group of Irish boys and other internationals. It was great to see an alliance of working-class football fans who turned out to reject the notion that the far-right would use football people as some sort of thuggish muscle.

Added bonus that a few right-wing Chelsea lot had a pop and were soundly convinced of the error of their ways and will hopefully be dissuaded from such silliness in future.

The football lads are just the Working Class version of Antifa.

Smear a bit of politics on top, make it an in group thing and love a rumble on the street.

They may control differing sides of the track, they may claim political differences but the mentality is the Same.

The football lads are just the Working Class version of Antifa.

Smear a bit of politics on top, make it an in group thing and love a rumble on the street.

They may control differing sides of the track, they may claim political differences but the mentality is the Same.

Meh, maybe and maybe not. It's key to stop the far-right trying to impose a narrative where football fans become some sort of recruiting pool for parties and movements that are directly against working class interests. That's an argument that needs to be had and had by football fans with other football fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

No word on wether Tommy was outside this court case.

https://dorseteye.com/former-edl-member-sentenced-to-18-years-for-child-sex-offences-but-where-was-tommy/
    Former EDL member sentenced to 18 years for child sex offences...

Peter Gillett, 59, self-employed, of Arundel Road, Littlehampton, had been convicted at Lewes Crown Court on Friday (16 February) of a series of seven counts of non-recent sexual offences in Crawley, some involving multiple occasions, against two young girls and a young boy, all known to him.

Sentencing awaited the outcome of a separate trial for Gillett for possession of a stun gun found at his address when he was arrested in 2016.

Meh, maybe and maybe not. It's key to stop the far-right trying to impose a narrative where football fans become some sort of recruiting pool for parties and movements that are directly against working class interests. That's an argument that needs to be had and had by football fans with other football fans.

It is but the exact same can be said of ANTIFA. Exact same, which one is a bigger concern, equal I'd say.

• Advertisement

It is but the exact same can be said of ANTIFA. Exact same, which one is a bigger concern, equal I'd say.

Antifa with all their faults aren't white supremacist hooligans. That is what football hooligans are and the reason why the keep racism out of football campaign came in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement