Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

You dont have to be a leftie to find tommy a racist, hate-filled, thug.

No just ill informed idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

declan2693 wrote: »
    No just ill informed idiots.

I see you edited your post. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

I see you edited your post. LOL

Yeah, was a grammar mistake.LOL

declan2693 wrote: »
    Yeah, was a grammar mistake.LOL

you called me an idiot and you claim that was a grammar mistake???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Can't quite believe there are still people out there who buy into people like Tommy Robinson, Gemma O'Dogherty, Rowan Croft and Hermann Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sheeps wrote: »
    Can't quite believe there are still people out there who buy into people like Tommy Robinson, Gemma O'Dogherty, Rowan Croft and Hermann Kelly.

There will always be, unfortunately. Same with any scam, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Not everything they say is conpiricy .rhetoric or whatever one wants to call it .

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Not everything they say is conpiricy .rhetoric or whatever one wants to call it .

That's ok I'm willing to write off them and anyone who supports them as a racist. The risk of misjudging someone is acceptable to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That's ok I'm willing to write off them and anyone who supports them as a racist. The risk of misjudging someone is acceptable to me.

Prejudice, I think that's called.

• Advertisement

Don't care.

Sheeps wrote:
    Don't care.

Excellent. At least you admit it.

Don't care.
    Excellent. At least you admit it.

You seem to have an issue with being prejudiced against violent thugs like robinson. What a strange attitude.

You seem to have an issue with being prejudiced against violent thugs like robinson. What a strange attitude.

Read it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

moonage wrote: »
    He doesn't want an out of court settlement—he wants it shown that the police were wrong when they ejected him from a city when he was minding his own business with his children.
    Hard not to laugh now.

We know Tommy's MO. Go somewhere he's not wanted then pretend to be the victim when he's moved on. If he lived in Northern Ireland he'd be insisting he could march down the Catholic areas in his orange man gear because it's his right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

"1980s footlball hooligan" comment was hilarious. He was born in the '80s. :pac:

Hilarious?

El Weirdo wrote: »

Yes, I know where the name originated. I didn't say football hooliganism is hilarious, I said it was hilarious that the cop couldn't see the obvious flaw in thinking it was the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Height of respect for Tommy and Gemma.

You're right, the fluoride in the chemtrails is messing with my mind. Blame George Soros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You're right, the fluoride in the chemtrails is messing with my mind. Blame George Soros.

And those rainbow waving unicorns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Surprise surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

No matter how many times you post this you still manage to get bites, well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

People are still falling for Nigerian email scams too so it's not that hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

https://youtu.be/TZOgOBfgXUU

Everything he says here is reasonable and correct

TomSweeney wrote: »

Nah, can't be bothered with 23 minutes of BS.

BBFAN wrote: »

You might surprise yourself.

You might surprise yourself.

But you won't.

BBFAN wrote:

Well that says it all. If you aren't prepared to listen, you aren't prepared to learn. Either you learn something new or your thoughts are confirmed. It's a win win but sadly, most people are not willing to open their mind to the possibility that they could be wrong so they stay in a safe echo chamber

Well that says it all. If you aren't prepared to listen, you aren't prepared to learn. Either you learn something new or your thoughts are confirmed. It's a win win but sadly, most people are not willing to open their mind to the possibility that they could be wrong so they stay in a safe echo chamber

I've watched previous Tommy Robinson videos, total scumbag.

It's the people who watch everything he produces that are living in an echo chamber I think you'll find.

BBFAN wrote:
    It's the people who watch everything he produces that are living in an echo chamber I think you'll find.

I never suggested you watch all his videos. A poster put up a video and said that he makes great points in a specific video.

Without watching it, you decided it was bs.

You are not qualified to say that. You can say that you don't want to watch the video or say that based on previous videos your aren't willing to be proven wrong, but you can't justifiably say that it is bs.

• Advertisement

There is nothing to learn from this man.

Sheeps wrote:
    There is nothing to learn from this man.

Then you won't learn. It's your choice. I find that there is always something to learn from everybody. Whether it is to cement my opinion or to see a different perspective. One thing is for sure though, if you go in with am attitude like yours, you certainly will never learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Very insightful to the person that is Tommy Robinson. A smart and articulate man. He absolutely destroyed that Belgian journalist.

Then you won't learn. It's your choice. I find that there is always something to learn from everybody. Whether it is to cement my opinion or to see a different perspective. One thing is for sure though, if you go in with am attitude like yours, you certainly will never learn

Listening to his drivel is one thing, learning is another. The only thing you can learn from what he says is racism, bigotry and flawed reasoning.

BBFAN wrote: »
    I've watched previous Tommy Robinson videos, total scumbag.

Yeah you're right, he is a total and utter scummer in this video, he does Nazi salutes and says how he wished he was the NZ shooter-then he just glasses the guy at the end while singing "No surrender to the IRA!!".

Sheeps wrote:
    Listening to his drivel is one thing, learning is another. The only thing you can learn from what he says is racism, bigotry and flawed reasoning.

I disagree. Love him, hate him or be full of indifference, he makes some good points with regards bias in the media in that video. But having said that, Ive watched the video.

Show me one piece of bigotry from that video.

I disagree. Love him, hate him or be full of indifference, he makes some good points with regards bias in the media in that video. But having said that, Ive watched the video.

Nope, he doesn't.

Sheeps wrote:
    Nope, he doesn't.

Yet you haven't seen the video. I rest my case

• Advertisement

TomSweeney wrote:
    Show me one piece of bigotry from that video.

How could he?

Yeah but you already knew about bias in the media so what have you learned?

If you're looking for examples of bigotry and demagoguery by tommy look no further.

Im only about 3mins in (will watch the rest later when the missus goes to bed) and I agree. Some of the rhetoric and language used is nothing short of horrendous. Some of which I had not seen before and it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I believe that his views in some of the video you have shown me, he has addressed and said he regrets (still not excusing it) but I understand why people feel how they do about him. Yet I do feel he makes valid points in the other video that was linked earlier.

BBFAN wrote:
    Yeah but you already knew about bias in the media so what have you learned?

I've learned that the BBC are vile. I have no issue with skewing a narrative (actually I do but I expect it) but to CREATE a narrative is beyond the pale.

For example, the Jessie/Jussie Smullet (excuse my spelling) case. He's been proven to be a race baiter and a horrendously bad person. If this was a white person trying to further a white agenda, it would be still front page news. Most outlets did report it, but never pushed it as front page. That's disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm in work and can't listen, perhaps you could articulate what is in the video?

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote:
    I'm in work and can't listen, perhaps you could articulate what is in the video?

I'd be doing it a disservice chief. It's worth hearing it from his own mouth. But the cliff notes are the fact that he reiterated that he is opposed to Islam and not to Muslims and how the media are turning him into a bogeyman. I recommend you give it a listen when you get a chance

Have you watched this theDunne??

BBFAN wrote:
    Have you watched this theDunne??

Sure have. I responded to it a couple of posts up

Sure have. I responded to it a couple of posts up

Sorry just noticed that, must have been after I posted. And yet you're still trying to justify it by saying he makes some valid points??

Do you not think that he knows by now how to manipulate the media too??

I watched the beginning of that video you posted and from the very start he's making a point of making a video tape so he knew bloody well what he was doing.

He tries to keep a respectable face on when he's on the mainstream media as you call it and doesn't seem to have the intelligence to realise that most people can view the vile poison he spouts at rallys on YouTube in this day and age.

Bet you the people in this thread defending the racist, have unironically referred to another Irish racist/nationalist as a patriot at some point in their lives.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement