Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget landscaping

Options
  • 25-05-2018 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I am a complete novice gardener who would like to have a reasonably aesthetic garden to sit in rather than the ugly square patch that it is currently. I've a gardener coming tomorrow to give me a price to landscape but I'm after hearing that he will ask me how much is my budget. This worries me as I'm clueless as to the basic costs. My square patch has a square lawn of 80 square metres. The existing shed will require moving as it is positioned in the path of the sun. I'd like some patio area (as there is none) to put some table and chairs on, maybe some gravel and perhaps one raised bed. The garden is walled so it would be nice to put climbers or creepers up. I'd possibly like to reduce the grass or add small amount of artificial grass. Now I don't live in Dublin but I'm not sure what gardeners charge. Would anyone have a rough estimate of a budget for this please? Perhaps some ideas? I'd really hope not to spend more than 6 K. Can anyone help me out please? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

From what you describe i'd quote you between 4 and 5k.

My advice would be not to reveal your budget, just tell them what you want and let them get back to you. You can always get some other quotes to compare if you don't think the price is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Sounds like you'll be fine on that budget but depends how bad the garden is now also

Advertisement