Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know of a walk-in Dublin shop where I might get dark spraymalt?

Options
  • 25-05-2018 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to maximise the discount I got from Homebrew West for remaining subscribed to their newsletter in the post-GDPR era - if anyone hasn't checked their emails, there's a 10% discount if you do!

So my next beer is going to be a Coopers Irish Stout kit. HBC have a pack which includes one kilogram of dark spraymalt as their recommended addition to make it properly stouty (as opposed to ordinary sugar), but unfortunately the same spraymalt is out of stock at Homebrew West, so ordering the kit from them and the spraymalt from HBC would completely negate the lovely discount because it would involve two separate DPD delivery charges.

What I'm wondering is, if I were to buy the kit on its own from Homebrew West, is there anywhere at all in the Dublin region where I might be able to physically walk in to a shop and buy the kg of dark spraymalt separately?

I'll buy the lot from HBC if not, but it seems a shame to waste a completely random and unsolicited discount when it lands on one's doorstep :D

As an alternative, if there isn't anywhere in Dublin to get dark spraymalt, does anyone who's made a stout before have an alternative recommendation of a sugar addition which would give a similarly decent final product as the recommended spraymalt?

It would appear that this is the dark spraymalt included in the Coopers kit, albeit a 1kg measurement instead of this one which is 500g:

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/spraymalt-dark-500g-brewing-grade-p-187.html

Comments

Advertisement