Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Refund

Options
  • 25-05-2018 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

i had booked a flight to to travel on the Friday of the bad snow in March with Aer Lingus.

They cancelled the outgoing flight and the next available flight out was on the Sunday. I was flying back to dublin on Tuesday morning. Decided not to go as it would have been too short a stay. Aer Lingus have now refunded but only got the first leg back and nothing for return.

Do I have any rights as regards getting a refund for the return leg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

irishmoss wrote: »
    i had booked a flight to to travel on the Friday of the bad snow in March with Aer Lingus.

They cancelled the outgoing flight and the next available flight out was on the Sunday. I was flying back to dublin on Tuesday morning. Decided not to go as it would have been too short a stay. Aer Lingus have now refunded but only got the first leg back and nothing for return.

Do I have any rights as regards getting a refund for the return leg?

Did you book a return flight or did you book the two legs separately? If it was booked as a return they should refund the whole thing. If the return flight was booked separately, I'm afraid you are out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 johnbannon

you should get the full amount back for whatever you booked, whether its a return on single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Thanks, yes I booked a return flight together with the outgoing flight. I will ring them back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Did you request a refund for the return journey as usually they will provide a refund for all flights on the same booking reference, but you do have to request it

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/

On the snow cancellations they possibly gave automatic refunds, but if the return flight operated an automatic refund would not happen and you'd need to apply for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Did you request a refund for the return journey as usually they will provide a refund for all flights on the same booking reference, but you do have to request it

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/

On the snow cancellations they possibly gave automatic refunds, but if the return flight operated an automatic refund would not happen and you'd need to apply for it.

I filled in the form online but OH had to call them last week as there was no sign of the refund. They refunded the outbound flight and seats booked but not the return leg all had the same booking reference. Will call them again, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement