Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We want to purchase a property through Rent to Own

Options
  • 25-05-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

For the past year, my boyfriend and I, are thinking about purchasing a property here in Cork. We have thought of all options available and came to a conclusion that we would like to go through Rent to Own route.

We are looking for something ready to move in to (a little bit of a fixer upper would do). We would be glad having 2/3 rooms. The closer to the city center, the better. Overall price would have to close in around 160k.

We understand this is a long shot and we would appreciate any offer, and any information given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kjweex

Auctions require a mortgage. With our current situation we have little amount of savings. Getting a loan for first 10-20% while paying rent, and then applying for mortgage would play into our benefit. Besides, we have learned by viewing number of houses from daft, that stated price is faaaaar from what they're actually looking for.That's why we're reaching out to boards.ie, in hopes to find a private seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sadly since the market is in an upswing again I haven't seen any of these advertised in years. I'd say your only hope might be to contact the big developers directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kjweex

Sadly since the market is in an upswing again I haven't seen any of these advertised in years. I'd say your only hope might be to contact the big developers directly.

That's what we were worried about...

Advertisement