Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass growth advice.

Options
  • 25-05-2018 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Im the worst gardener in the world . Need some advice and pretty clueless about what to do.
    Over the last year a large trampoline was in our garden. I sometimes moved it but really neglected in for months.

Unfortunately there is a huge bald patch left behind having removed the trampoline. I expected miracles to happen with grass growth.
    Initially the ground was a little swampy and very muddy. Now with the hot weather it was hardened and there are no signs of life.

What to do? Any advice on gardening products , household or otherwise ? Is it a lost cause?

I'd like to get the grass back but need to know how to approach it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

Did you actually put any grass seed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Scratch it over with a rake.

Go to woodies or such and get a box of lawn repair seed and spread it over the effected area.

Water it in and keep it watered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

When new grass does start to grow, dont cut it for a while. You may be tempted to run the mower over it when doing the rest of the lawn, but resist! The roots of new grass are weak and you will end up pulling up some gras instead of cutting it.

Advertisement