If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a TV in the next few weeks Advice Please

Options
  • 25-05-2018 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking at purchasing a new TV in the very near future. Long time customer back in the good old days when based in Dublin and I've also made a couple of trips up to Belfast for Amp and Speakers a few years back.

I have been looking at models down here to get some ideas and to be honest the range is so vast its a tough choice. Ideally my budget is no more than €1000 but like everyone I do like a good deal.

Two TV's that have caught me attention are as follows

Samsung UE55MU7000
    55 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR 1000 Smart LED TV TVPlus

and

Samsung QE55Q6F
    55 inch 4K Ultra HD Premium HDR 1000 Smart QLED TV TVPlus

Any advice / thoughts on these?

Are there any other models you would recommend me looking at?

What's the best price delivered to Co Meath.

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Macker1 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Looking at purchasing a new TV in the very near future. Long time customer back in the good old days when based in Dublin and I've also made a couple of trips up to Belfast for Amp and Speakers a few years back.

I have been looking at models down here to get some ideas and to be honest the range is so vast its a tough choice. Ideally my budget is no more than €1000 but like everyone I do like a good deal.

Two TV's that have caught me attention are as follows

Samsung UE55MU7000
    55 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR 1000 Smart LED TV TVPlus

and

Samsung QE55Q6F
    55 inch 4K Ultra HD Premium HDR 1000 Smart QLED TV TVPlus

Any advice / thoughts on these?

Are there any other models you would recommend me looking at?

What's the best price delivered to Co Meath.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Hi Macker1,

Both are fantastic TVs but the QLED has a better panel. We have a QLED on display and while they are not as good as the OLEDs, they do have a much more natural brightness and better contrast than an LED TV.

My first choice would be the LG OLED55B7 as they do not use a backlight and have the best picture I've seen on a TV however you are looking at 1599 Euro for the LG which is a bit over budget.

The QLED would definitely be the next best available option though.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Hi David,

Thanks for response....... Unfortunately the LG at €1599 is not an option. The wife would skin me alive.

I reckon it will be the Samsung QE55Q6F so just wondering for a boardsie what is the best price delivered to me. I live in Ballivor Co Meath.

Regards

Mark

Hi David,

Thanks for response....... Unfortunately the LG at €1599 is not an option. The wife would skin me alive.

I reckon it will be the Samsung QE55Q6F so just wondering for a boardsie what is the best price delivered to me. I live in Ballivor Co Meath.

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

At the moment the best price would be the listed £879.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-203018-samsung-qe55q6f.aspx

I could offer free shipping and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge on this.

Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

I could offer free shipping and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge on this.
    I was hoping for a better price than retail. I asking because the your UK site is running an offer with a 5% discount for the World Cup

https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-qe55q6f.html

Enter code WC5 to get discount.

Surely a boardsie can get this offer as well.

Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

I was hoping for a better price than retail. I asking because the your UK site is running an offer with a 5% discount for the World Cup

Hi Macker1,

We can match this offer. The total price including shipping and a 6 year guarantee would be £842.04.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

Hi Macker1,

We can match this offer. The total price including shipping and a 6 year guarantee would be £842.04.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Sounds good..... I'll be in touch in the near future to place my order. Can you please advise what this would be in Euros.

Regards

Mark

Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

Hi Macker1,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Sounds good..... I'll be in touch in the near future to place my order. Can you please advise what this would be in Euros.

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

No problem at all.

Our price on this will hold until the world cup promo finishes or stock runs out.

In euros you would be looking at 991 Euro. You can pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest.

Any questions let me know.

Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

Hi Macker1,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

No problem at all.

Our price on this will hold until the world cup promo finishes or stock runs out.

In euros you would be looking at 991 Euro. You can pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest.

Hopefully if things go to plan I'll be placing order before end of this week. Will most likely pay in sterling as it appears to be cheaper for me.

Regards

Mark

Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

Hi Macker1,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Regards

Mark
    Hi Macker1.

No problem at all.

Hopefully if things go to plan I'll be placing order before end of this week. Will most likely pay in sterling as it appears to be cheaper for me.

Regards

Mark
    No problem at all Macker1.

Hi Folks,

Sorry for not being in touch. Had a lot on my plate at work and at home with some renovations going on. I just couldn't place order during this time.

Just wondering if I've missed the boat when it comes to the Samsung QE55Q6F as it appears to be out of stock.

Regards

Mark

• Advertisement

Any update on Query guys ???

If the Q6F is no longer available I will then have to look at the other option which is Samsung UE55MU7000.

This looks like another good option..... Best price ?? in sterling delivered ??

Let me know asap so I can place order.

Regards

Mark

Any update on Query guys ???

If the Q6F is no longer available I will then have to look at the other option which is Samsung UE55MU7000.

This looks like another good option..... Best price ?? in sterling delivered ??

Let me know asap so I can place order.

Regards

Mark
    Hi Mackers1.

Apologies for the delay.

Been a busy morning here at the store. Had a 7 pallet delivery first thing this morning.

The 55Q6F has now finished with no more available unfortunately.

The 55MU7000 is a great television but it would be hard to compare the two in picture quality due to the Quantum Dot technology in the QLED's.

The 55MU7000 is currently priced at £699.00. this would be the best price but i could offer free shipping on it. Also includes our 6 year guarantee free of charge.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds good to me. I'm just out with wife at shops but will be home within a few hours. What is the best way to process order. Over phone ???? At what time do you close / stop answering phone today ?

Sounds good to me. I'm just out with wife at shops but will be home within a few hours. What is the best way to process order. Over phone ???? At what time do you close / stop answering phone today ?
    Hey Macker1.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can give you a bell when ever suits or you can get us on 0044 333 900 0070.

We close this evening at 6pm :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.