Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing win 10 from usb

Options
  • 26-05-2018 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I want to install win 10 onto a friends new laptop that has no OS. Can I put win 10 onto a usb and install it and enter a bought key I got online after its installed or do I need to buy the OS already activated on a usb.

The reason is that I found a site that sells legit keys at a great discount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I want to install win 10 onto a friends new laptop that has no OS. Can I put win 10 onto a usb and install it and enter a bought key I got online after its installed or do I need to buy the OS already activated on a usb.

The reason is that I found a site that sells legit keys at a great discount.

You can install your product key during or after installation, up to you.
    You don't need to even have a product key to install it, only to activate it.
    Make sure you download the latest media creation tool to ensure you get the latest Windows 10 spring creators edition from the get go. Otherwise you'll have a nice long update to ensure at the most inconvenient time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

SickBoy wrote: »
    You can install your product key during or after installation, up to you.
    You don't need to even have a product key to install it, only to activate it.
    Make sure you download the latest media creation tool to ensure you get the latest Windows 10 spring creators edition from the get go. Otherwise you'll have a nice long update to ensure at the most inconvenient time.

Thanks will do

Advertisement