Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 50" 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR (Plus €10 Voucher) - €489 [Argos]

• 26-05-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Have just reserved one in my local Argos but not sure. about it yet.. reviews seem decent!

661-7597884-BMY692M.jpg

Philips 50PUS6272 50 Inch 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR
    This Philips Ultra HD HDR TV provides up to 4x the detail of Full HD TVs. A Smart TV with Freeview Play gives catch-up, on-demand services and live TV together in one place. Find programmes from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play alongside up to 70 TV channels and 15 HD channels. Powered by a quad core processor.

Ambilight 3-sided makes your viewing experience more immersive by emitting a coloured glow of light from three-sides of your TV that change to match the on-screen colours. Use Miracast to share content from compatible Android devices. Comes with a 2 year guarantee. Receives Irish channels in Ireland through the mpeg 4 feature.

Television picture quality:

LED TV Screen.
    4K Ultra HD Certified display resolution.
    Viewing angle 178/178 degrees.
    Resolution 3840 x 2160 pixels.
    Dimensions:

Screen size: 50 inches.
    Size of TV H66.4, W112.8, D8.3cm.
    Size of TV with stand: H71.9, W112.8, D26.6cm.
    Weight of TV 12.8kg (unpackaged).
    Weight of TV with stand: 13.57kg.
    Footprint of TV 78cm.
    Suitable for wall mounting 200 x 200 bracket.
    Length of cable: 1.5m.
    Packaged size H89.3, W136, D16cm.
    Packaged weight 18.2kg.
    Sound quality:

Dolby sound system.
    2 x 10 watt RMS power output.
    Connectivity:

2 USB ports and 3 HDMI sockets.
    Component video socket.
    Headphone socket.
    AV socket.
    Optical connection.
    Built in Wi-Fi.
    Ethernet connection.
    DLNA compatibility.
    Smartphone remote.
    Smart TV features:

Smart TV.
    Compatible with the following smart apps: Netflix, bBC iPlayer, iTV, demand 5, 4od, youTube.
    Internet browser.
    Miracast.
    Digital features:

Features USB recording and video playback.
    HDR.
    Freeview Play digital tuner.
    Freeview Play (UK).
    Quad core processor.
    CI plus slot.
    Additional features:

Sleep timer.
    Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee.
    Energy efficiency information:

Energy efficiency rating: a+.
    On mode power consumption 61 watts.
    Off mode power consumption 0.3 watt.
    Annual power consumption 90kWh.
    Standby power consumption 0.3 watt.
    This product contains lead.
    EAN: 8718863013007.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Picked up a 3 side ambilight after Christmas & have to say I’m delighted with it. The internet browser part’s pretty poor, but picture & ambilight more than compensate! (least I think so)
    (There’s old threads on this telly on boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

I have the 48" of this tv, cant fault it. The ambilights a nice feature, can be switched off if you want but i have become used to it especially for movies and sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Coill1 wrote: »
    Picked up a 3 side ambilight after Christmas & have to say I’m delighted with it. The internet browser part’s pretty poor, but picture & ambilight more than compensate! (least I think so)
    (There’s old threads on this telly on boards)

Did you ever work out what the best settings were? I could never find a website that gave the settings and the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Think it was darko calibration on you tube for the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Think it was darko calibration on you tube for the settings.

Tried it just now, but could not find it for Philips 50PUS6272/05

Tried a random similar sounding philips tv but the settings they suggest look bad on it, so guessing that's not what they really mean for mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

I got this tv also recently so if anyone could point me in right directions for settings would appreciate it ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

While having a few drinks watching the final last night I reserved this in arklow (nearest place with stock) and was going to spin down today. Have been informed we will need new furniture/TV unit to accommodate this, by she who must be obey, so I'm going to give it a miss. If anybody is thinking about it, the stock should show up again in arklow on Tuesday. Or PM me and I'll send on the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

cronos wrote: »
    Tried it just now, but could not find it for Philips 50PUS6272/05

Tried a random similar sounding philips tv but the settings they suggest look bad on it, so guessing that's not what they really mean for mine.

Actually it was the 49'' one I have, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Basq wrote: »
    Have just reserved one in my local Argos but not sure. about it yet.. reviews seem decent!

661-7597884-BMY692M.jpg

Philips 50PUS6272 50 Inch 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR[/quote

Link comes up as a referral link ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm not that clued in with TVs, so, is this a good TV at a good price?

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Did you ever work out what the best settings were? I could never find a website that gave the settings and the numbers.

Sorry - Never did find “recommended” settings - the list of options is baffling within the TV menus! (Still delighted with the telly though in fairness)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Got this tv for I think e520 on Amazon, never managed to get it for the price in Argos as even with a reserve code they said it was oos. But 480 is a great price. As people said the calibration settings are nowhere to be found online but when it's wall mounted is when the Ambilight really shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Showing as Out of Stock for Galway and the three Limerick stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sylwunia

If anyone wants to buy this TV in Argos I have it reserved in Carlow store until the end of business day tomorrow.Just found a receipt with extended warranty on the the TV that broke down so I am not buying it anymore. Pm me for reservation code

The 55” PUS6272 is down to €609 in Argos as of this morning (according to PriceSpy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭djdunny

For anyone who has this TV, did ye have any issues connecting it to a WIFI network?

I went through the set up yesterday and it would scan for available wifi networks and located them. But when I selected my VM network nothing happened, but when i selected the neighbours older UPC wifi it went to the next screen where I am requested to input the network key.

I had to create a guest wifi on my network with no password and it then worked.

Ideally , i would like the TV to be on the same network as my Hue bridge as I am also having issues connecting to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

djdunny wrote: »
    For anyone who has this TV, did ye have any issues connecting it to a WIFI network?

I went through the set up yesterday and it would scan for available wifi networks and located them. But when I selected my VM network nothing happened, but when i selected the neighbours older UPC wifi it went to the next screen where I am requested to input the network key.

Ideally , i would like the TV to be on the same network as my Hue bridge as I am also having issues connecting to it.

I've had issues with wifi on my PUS6262. Flaky at best. I hard wired the TV to the router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've a valid code til 6pm this evening in Sligo if someone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Code for Swords here valid til 1830 today if anyone wants. Having thought about it all weekend I don't think I can justify it haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me on this is the measly 3 HDMI sockets :( Though, I suppose I could just get a HDMI switch - but, I've yet to find a decent one that works will with HDMI-CEC

Even my parents' 9 year old Samsung did work fine with HDMI-CEC and rPi and MiBox... :D

Maybe it is your receiver that is dodgy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Code for Athlone if anyone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

djdunny wrote: »

Had the same issue. Took about 4 attempts but it finally worked. Just turning off the TV and restarting the whole process sorted it (Eventually). The software is the only drawback of this telly, but once you've everything configured its a gem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Can someone please tell me more about this €10 voucher mentioned in the title?

There is some very limited stock in Dublin area and I reserved one to pick up today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me more about this €10 voucher mentioned in the title?

There is some very limited stock in Dublin area and I reserved one to pick up today or tomorrow.
    If you buy anything in Argos over €100, you get a €10 voucher for another purchase. If you spend €50, you get a €5 voucher. So you could in theory if you needed another thing in argos over €100 you could buy it in a separate transaction then buy the tv and use the €10 voucher making it cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Have a reservation for the TV in Blanch Shopping centre valid till end of the day (Friday) that I won't be using. PM me if interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

In case anyone missed this deal and want this specific tv then DID Electical have it on sale for €499.99 for the Bank Holiday Weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Just had a look online at the DID TV and it is the older 6262 model. The one in Argos is the newer 6272 model. I have a reservation for one in Argos in Blanchardstown to be collected by close of business tomorrow 4th June if anyone wants it.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

freebee23 wrote:
    Just had a look online at the DID TV and it is the older 6262 model. The one in Argos is the newer 6272 model. I have a reservation for one in Argos in Blanchardstown to be collected by close of business tomorrow 4th June if anyone wants it. Cheers, freebee23

Why reserve if no intending to use. I see lots of this on this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just had a look online at the DID TV and it is the older 6262 model. The one in Argos is the newer 6272 model. I have a reservation for one in Argos in Blanchardstown to be collected by close of business tomorrow 4th June if anyone wants it.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

i seen the one in DID today, caught my eye. is there much of a difference between the 2 models????

looks to be a good quality/size tv for the price

i was close to taking the plunge today in DID but decided to research some reviews when i got a chance and then came across this post in bargain alerts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

evosteo wrote: »
    i seen the one in DID today, caught my eye. is there much of a difference between the 2 models????

2 sided versus 3 sided ambilight

Picked up one from argos yesterday. Thanks op. Think i got the last one in the country. Had to drive to dundalk from dublin for it. Have to say im delighted with it. Great features and fantastic picture quality. Only down side is the volume quality but i had a phillips soundbar so problem solved.

I had my original tv on an 800mm wide stand. The foot print of this tv from the spec is 780mm however id suggest getting a minimum 1000mm stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭djdunny

Picked up one from argos yesterday. Thanks op. Think i got the last one in the country. Had to drive to dundalk from dublin for it. Have to say im delighted with it. Great features and fantastic picture quality. Only down side is the volume quality but i had a phillips soundbar so problem solved.

I had my original tv on an 800mm wide stand. The foot print of this tv from the spec is 780mm however id suggest getting a minimum 1000mm stand

Totally agree with this. My previous TV was on a swivel stand which was much handier for adding or removing cables from the back without the fear that one of the legs was going to fall off the side of the stand.

Has anyone had the issue where the TV will just switch to a different source by itself? Its happened about 4 or 5 times now. WE could be watching something ont he Sky box and it will automatically switch to the Apple TV. Not sure if its a settings that needs to be turned off or something a bit more problematic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

djdunny, that might be something related to HDMI CEC?

Iv been playing around with some of the features. Has anybody had any trouble with the miracast source option? You can mirror your phones screen straight onto the tv. I got it working but this was after 5 or 6 attempts and struggled again the 2nd time i tried. Iv a samsung s8 and when it did work it was great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Guys, could any of ye measure the stand width of this TV please? I'm wondering what the minimum width of a unit underneath would be ... Current 50" sits on a pretty narrow unit in bedroom and want to see if this can be done the same or if I will have to wall mount it. Tia

• Advertisement

The stand is 780mm wide. It would fit on a square 800mm stand but your nerves would be gone if someone banged off it. I pick up a 1000mm 3 tier stand on adverts for 25 quid and sold my 800mm for the same

The stand is 780mm wide. It would fit on a square 800mm stand but your nerves would be gone if someone banged off it. I pick up a 1000mm 3 tier stand on adverts for 25 quid and sold my 800mm for the same

Thanks a million!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just a heads up that there is 1 of these in each of the argos stores in clonmel, athlone, navan, tralee and wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

I've had this TV for about 6 months, great TV, the main thing that annoys me is that it doesn't work very well with my Harmony remote, got it working though but it's slow and this wasn't a showstopper for me.

The issue is, instead of being able to use a code for say HDMI1 so that the remote command goes straight to that input, you need to input the sequence, e.g. Source --> Down --> Down --> Down --> OK etc. which is clunky but seems to be a limitation of Philips TVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I picked this up for someone but they are having a strange problem. The video & audio will stop for 1-2 seconds randomly. The whole screen goes black. Then it's back to normal. They've tried different devices (Sky box, amazon fire stick) and a different hdmi lead but it's the same story.

Anyone come across this before? I can't find anything on google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Oat23 wrote: »
    I picked this up for someone but they are having a strange problem. The video & audio will stop for 1-2 seconds randomly. The whole screen goes black. Then it's back to normal. They've tried different devices (Sky box, amazon fire stick) and a different hdmi lead but it's the same story.

Anyone come across this before? I can't find anything on google.

I don't have this TV but if it displays info like HDMI1 or whatever after it comes back on then it seems like it's either a bad connection or some weird software glitch where it's acting like it's being switched to that input again.
    Try the other HDMI input and see if it's happening in that too.
    Pull the cable then plug it back in when watching sky box to confirm the input info appears.
    If it does as would be normal with most TV's, and if that info isn't showing after the glitch happens then it could be a fault with the panel where it has a loose connection perhaps.
    If you're inputting 4k picture on HDMI you might need to change a setting, I've to do that on a Sony.
    Otherwise check picture settings, if some settings (resolution, colour range etc.) are on auto try the other fixed options and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

covfefe wrote: »
    I've had this TV for about 6 months, great TV, the main thing that annoys me is that it doesn't work very well with my Harmony remote, got it working though but it's slow and this wasn't a showstopper for me.

The issue is, instead of being able to use a code for say HDMI1 so that the remote command goes straight to that input, you need to input the sequence, e.g. Source --> Down --> Down --> Down --> OK etc. which is clunky but seems to be a limitation of Philips TVs.

you may or may not thank me for this, cos this "fix" will mean buying another piece of electronic equipment, but here goes...

buy yourself an av receiver (i recommend richersounds and they have a forum here). I got this TV last week, set it up with an onkyo receiver and harmony one remote works perfectly with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Keith186 wrote: »
    I don't have this TV but if it displays info like HDMI1 or whatever after it comes back on then it seems like it's either a bad connection or some weird software glitch where it's acting like it's being switched to that input again.
    Try the other HDMI input and see if it's happening in that too.
    Pull the cable then plug it back in when watching sky box to confirm the input info appears.
    If it does as would be normal with most TV's, and if that info isn't showing after the glitch happens then it could be a fault with the panel where it has a loose connection perhaps.
    If you're inputting 4k picture on HDMI you might need to change a setting, I've to do that on a Sony.
    Otherwise check picture settings, if some settings (resolution, colour range etc.) are on auto try the other fixed options and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already had them try plugging out the HDMI to see what happens and instantly on the TV it pops up saying 'no signal'. However when the blackouts were happening it didn't say that. The issue was also happening on all ports.

The problem turned out to be the amazon fire stick. There's some sort of interference caused when you power it off the TV's USB port. I had a very similar issue with a chromecast years ago when trying to use it with my projector. The picture would break up and the whole screen go black. I unplugged the fire stick and they've been using it since last night without any blackouts, so next step is to bring them over a USB plug to see if the fire stick will work without issues when powered from a wall socket which I suspect it will, as that sorted my chromecast/projector issue.

A strange problem and I don't really understand how/why it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Oat23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had already had them try plugging out the HDMI to see what happens and instantly on the TV it pops up saying 'no signal'. However when the blackouts were happening it didn't say that. The issue was also happening on all ports.

The problem turned out to be the amazon fire stick. There's some sort of interference caused when you power it off the TV's USB port. I had a very similar issue with a chromecast years ago when trying to use it with my projector. The picture would break up and the whole screen go black. I unplugged the fire stick and they've been using it since last night without any blackouts, so next step is to bring them over a USB plug to see if the fire stick will work without issues when powered from a wall socket which I suspect it will, as that sorted my chromecast/projector issue.

A strange problem and I don't really understand how/why it happens.

Good stuff figuring it out. I've to power my fire stick off a plug too for an old TV in the kitchen because it was causing performance issues with the stick being really slow, definitely better to plug into a socket if you can. I used an old phone charger.

Guys, would anyone have a receipt for one of these TVs by any chance?? I bought one when this was posted and the Ambilight has gone faulty but I cant find my receipt :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Only wrote: »
    Guys, would anyone have a receipt for one of these TVs by any chance?? I bought one when this was posted and the Ambilight has gone faulty but I cant find my receipt :o

With ID and a credit card statement or bank statement they should be able to locate the receipt on their systems. Also check your email as if you gave them your address they should have sent you a receipt by email.

With ID and a credit card statement or bank statement they should be able to locate the receipt on their systems. Also check your email as if you gave them your address they should have sent you a receipt by email.

I've gone through all and just can't find anything relating to the purchase .. gone through email, credit card statement (I changed banks so dont have the bank ststements) and no joy ... just thought someone on here might have a receipt I could use:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

would,nt touch any kind of a philips tv no way.................................................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

I've gone through all and just can't find anything relating to the purchase .. gone through email, credit card statement (I changed banks so dont have the bank ststements) and no joy ... just thought someone on here might have a receipt I could use:o

If you paid by card then there will definitely be a paper trail. I had to check an old bank account before for proof of payment after I changed banks. I got in touch with my old bank and they very kindly sent me a copy of my yearly transactions for a small fee. Your old bank should be able to do this for you. I think asking someone else here for a receipt is not the route that should be taken. Providing someone else's receipt might also open you to issues surrounding ownership if it transpires that a refund is needed and identification is requested, especially so if they request the card that the transaction was paid with. Also if you need to go down the small claims court in the future it might backfire on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have an ambilight and thought it was broken but the kids had changed it to react to audio and not video as it had been . Just in case yours is the same

• Advertisement
Advertisement