Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PBX - need to remove SIM

Options
  • 26-05-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I know this is the VOIP section but I'm hoping an old phone guy might be able to help. A customer of hours has just retired their old phone system, which is an IPLKD-20, exactly the same as the one below. But he says to me that a guy added an extra card with two sims that allowed him to route mobile calls through those mobile SIMs (so that the calls to mobile numbers would be mobile-->mobile as opposed to the more expensive landline --> mobile). Now that he is retiring the system he needs to remove the SIMs
    lg-ipldk-20a-ccu.jpg
    I pulled the cover off it and removed all the interface cards but I cannot see anything resembling a SIM card on the thing. Should I be looking for a normal SIM as in the same one that you could put in a mobile phone or are they are different physical format.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Hi there,

I know this is the VOIP section but I'm hoping an old phone guy might be able to help. A customer of hours has just retired their old phone system, which is an IPLKD-20, exactly the same as the one below. But he says to me that a guy added an extra card with two sims that allowed him to route mobile calls through those mobile SIMs (so that the calls to mobile numbers would be mobile-->mobile as opposed to the more expensive landline --> mobile). Now that he is retiring the system he needs to remove the SIMs
    lg-ipldk-20a-ccu.jpg
    I pulled the cover off it and removed all the interface cards but I cannot see anything resembling a SIM card on the thing. Should I be looking for a normal SIM as in the same one that you could put in a mobile phone or are they are different physical format.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

No idea where they’d be, but why does he need them? Either cancel the numbers with his mobile carrier or do a sim change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

He's planning on redeploying the SIMs rather than cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Do a SIM change so.[/quote]
    You mean keep the same number and ask them to send out a new SIM, yeah? Yep seems like the best solution alright.
    It's still bugging the hell out of me where the SIMs are actually fitted in that thing though. I swear I took every interface card out and looked at every component.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is in Ireland yeah? It couldnt be CDMA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Hi,

Its possible (and probable if the main PABX is hidden away in an area with poor signal) that the GSM gateway could be installed in another location, more preferable from a mobile signal perspective.

It could be installed at the end of an extension line.

Have a look for something like:-

https://www.systemstl.co.uk/item/26469-2n-bri-enterprise-isdn-gsm-gateway-5020320gb

or in fact anything resembelling any of these

Good luck.

Advertisement