Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online application

Options
  • 26-05-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, how long does it typically take to hear back when opening an account online?I applied a week ago and submitted by documents, but have not heard anything back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Silane wrote: »
    Hi, how long does it typically take to hear back when opening an account online?I applied a week ago and submitted by documents, but have not heard anything back.
    Hi Silane,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Our New Account team will be in touch with you as soon as they have processed your application and documents. We would also advise you to check your emails for any update from them. Once your account is opened, we will text you with your Account IBAN details. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hi Sarah 
    Can a JOINT account be set up on-line /Signed & submitted on-line.

We have accounts in B of I already but need a joint account for bills etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi hillbloom,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Please see here for more information regarding opening an joint account online.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Still no news on this, how long does it usually take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Silane,

Thanks for your post here on boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

Have you checked your emails including your junk folder to see if there is any correspondence from our account opening team?

You would usually receive the BIC and IBAN within 3-5 working days once all the relevant documents are received.

Rest assured our team will be in touch with you once the account is active.

Thanks Kareana

• Advertisement

Nothin in my junk mail. When I was submitting the documents I was asked for a reference number, but I wasn't provided with a reference number, could that be the hold up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Nothin in my junk mail. When I was submitting the documents I was asked for a reference number, but I wasn't provided with a reference number, could that be the hold up?

Thanks for checking that Silane,
    In this case I'd ask you to call our account opening section on 1890254454 (or 00353 1 4044034 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into your application for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

In this case I'd ask you to call our account opening section on 1890254454 (or 00353 1 4044034 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into your application for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    That number isn't an active number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    That number isn't an active number

Sorry about that Silane, it's actually a 3 rather then a 2, so it is 1890354454 and the international number is correct.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement