Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2018 stage 20: Susa - Cervinia 214km

Options
  • 26-05-2018 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭

profile-20.jpg

Dont see a thread already...

First climb done, 2 more to go, 60k left.
    Break 5mins up the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pinot gone!

Jesus, the same as yates yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Jasus this Giro has been brutal

So many supposed top 10s /podium contenders gone out the back door

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pinot is completely bollox'd, far worse than Yates, he'll be lucky to finish at this rate, he must be sick.

I don't we needed to have a camera on him there, you could hear him coughing and heaving. Be surprised if he finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Why is Froome always looking down rather than looking in the direction he's going?

• Advertisement

20-25 lads left on the last climb, 6 of which are sky.

Normal order has been (depressingly) resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Now THIS is boring! At least yesterday was a bit bloody different and exciting, say what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

nc6000 wrote: »
    Why is Froome always looking down rather than looking in the direction he's going?

A combination of looking at the display from his power meter and his awkward ungraceful position on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The race is starting to get going after all the scenery watching.

ah feck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

That shake of the head from TD says a lot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Why don't the other teams attack sky? It drives me nuts . Feel sorry for td

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This has been a bad end to the Giro as most in Eurosport choose to ignore the elephant in the room.
    It has been unbelievable...

think ill just skip the tour completely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Now would be a great time to hear exactly what TD thinks. He didn't even acknowledge Froome after the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Well at least he gave it a bit of a lash 2 or 3 times but it was never going to be on that last climb. As for the white jersey, it was as if those two were stuck together with glue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

So Froome joins Merckx and Hinault as the only person to hold all three Tours at once. Absolutely pathetic, f*ck the UCI for allowing this nonsense to go on. Might as well bring back Verbruggen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

retalivity wrote: »
    think ill just skip the tour completely

Is Froome listed to take part? Because yeah....it'll be another SKY parade and Froome win, won't it? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

So Froome joins Merckx and Hinault as the only person to hold all three Tours at once. Absolutely pathetic, f*ck the UCI for allowing this nonsense to go on. Might as well bring back Verbruggen.

He joins good company so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Was I wrong to hope Cookson would clean up the sport? I have to be honest I've not followed pro cycling much since his election. I didn't even know he'd lost out to some French bloke. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

So its over..

been a spectacle and a very hard race but ....

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Great Giro....really good exciting racing...well planned route, and at least a snoorefest of a time trial didn't determine it!! So great performances and some lads to pencil in for potential winners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

retalivity wrote: »
    20-25 lads left on the last climb, 6 of which are sky.

Is this true? I didn't watch as I knew what the outcome would be.

Its either Sky and Froome rounding into form at the right time or they were pulling the brakes for the first couple of weeks to put on a bit of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

He could still get banned yet. If he does his Vuelta will immediately go.

But can somebody answer me this question, how long is Froome going to continue to dominate for??

At the moment it looks like he's going to win every grand tour there is. Is he a shoo in for the TdF, the Vuelta, all 3 again next year??

He is 33 now....I don't know how long he'll dominate for....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

CptMackey wrote: »
    Why don't the other teams attack sky? It drives me nuts . Feel sorry for td

Because they can't do the impossible. Sky ride at such a ferocious pace at the front which makes simply hanging on hard enough let alone attacking off the front.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

As he is contesting his failed test Froome is looking at a 2 year ban. He'll lose the Vuelta, probably this Giro and will be 35 when he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

RobFowl wrote: »
    As he is contesting his failed test Froome is looking at a 2 year ban. He'll lose the Vuelta, probably this Giro and will be 35 when he comes back.

Are you saying this because that's what you think will happen, or is there a bit of you thats saying that because thats what you would like to happen?

I'm just curious I'd like to see him get a ban, but I'd be shocked if he got as much as 2 years. Sky and Froome are confident they'll get off as are a lot of their supporters right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

nc6000 wrote:

Looking at his numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

This could be the hardest TDF that Froome will have done. He should be tired from the giro and Movistar have landa, valverde and Quintana so someone from that team has to put up a fight.
    Then Porte and bardet will also be there.

Their is also a cobble stage and some very short and odd mountain stages that we don't usually see the the TDF.

Then again saying that, Froome will have his A team in support, Thomas ect ect so you never know.

I'd like TD to give it a try as I think it could suit him more than the giro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

This could be the hardest TDF that Froome will have done. He should be tired from the giro and Movistar have landa, valverde and Quintana so someone from that team has to put up a fight. Then Porte and bardet will also be there.

Dan Martin will probably have Aru annoying him as well after his withdrawal yesterday

Advertisement