Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help me with this Essay?

Options
  • 26-05-2018 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I really need help with grammar etc.. if there’s anything I did wrong just reply.

Timpiste Aiste
    is cuimhin liom an lá go mhaith, an 10 Nollag a bhí an agus bhí sé a hocht a chlog.
    bhí sé fuar agus ag sneachta. bhí mé ag siúil chonh tapa agus ab fhéidir liom. chaith mé mo chota mór agus mo scarf. go tobann, shleamnaigh mé ar an bóthar. ach níl a fhios agam cad a tharla ina dhiadh sin, dhúisigh mé san ospidéal. d’inis an dochtúir mé gur shleamnaigh mé ar an oighear dubh agus bhí mé gan aithne ar feadh cúpla uair. bhí mo chrann ag scoilteadh le pian agus thug an banaltra an instealladh dom don pian.
    Ansin, schroich mo thuismitheoirí san ospidéal. bhí imní ar mo mham agus mo dhaid ach dúirt an dochtúir gur beadh mé ceart go leor agus go raibh an t-ádh dearg orm.
    Ní dheanfaidh mé dearmad an lá sin.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not going to correct your mistakes, it's your homework, but....
    Capital letters at the start of sentences.

If you don't know how to say it, change what you want to say, or say it more simply.

For example:
    Ansin, schroich mo thuismitheoirí san ospidéal.

Are you trying to say 'Then my parents arrived at the hospital'?
    Why not say 'Then my parents came to the hospital'. It means essentially the same thing and I suspect you are better able to say that correctly.

bhí mo chrann ag scoilteadh le pian agus thug an banaltra an instealladh dom don pian.
    Check did you really mean your crann?
    Try a different verb for 'give'.

Don't try to directly translate from English to Irish. It doesn't work.

Advertisement