Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a job in Toronto - my tips!

• 26-05-2018 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    So recently I moved to Toronto on a 2 year IEC Visa. Finding a good job was quite a challenge so to help others in finding work I've made a video with some of my tips.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFt-lZHtvQ&t=255s
    Feel free to ask me any questions about finding work either on here on comment on the video.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Hey, Great video.

Can you describe how you went about getting a lease?

Myself and my partner just booked our one way flight to Toronto!!!

I really just want to get our apartment / condo first. Then find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

jme2010 wrote: »
    Hey, Great video.

Can you describe how you went about getting a lease?

Myself and my partner just booked our one way flight to Toronto!!!

I really just want to get our apartment / condo first. Then find work.

Hey! Thanks for your feedback!

Personally I wouldn’t recommend getting your condo before securing a job unless you have enough to pay 2 months rent upfront. Also, some landlords want to see either a good credit history which you won’t have as you are new to the country or letters of employment.

If you insist on this, I would recommend not only websites like Kijiji but also walk around the neighborhoods that you like and a lot of condos have signs with units for rent.

I will do another vid about finding a place to live so stay tuned! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I just got to Toronto on Thursday and am condo shopping. They seem to want postdated cheques aswell which takes 10 business days to sort out so keep that in mind too.

Should sort out boardies drinks lads! Did a mini Irish pub crawl today for ehhhh research 😂

Doylers wrote: »
    I just got to Toronto on Thursday and am condo shopping. They seem to want postdated cheques aswell which takes 10 business days to sort out so keep that in mind too.

Should sort out boardies drinks lads! Did a mini Irish pub crawl today for ehhhh research ��

Please keep us updated on the condo hunt.

100% would do a meet up when I get settled. End of July we land.

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn’t recommend getting your condo before securing a job unless you have enough to pay 2 months rent upfront.

Yeah we do insist on securing our condo before employment as we will have 2 months worth of rent each to show if needed.

I am not worried about finding employment as I have a lead on a job already and my field is in demand. I'm just worried about getting our diggs sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement