Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home alarm system

Options
  • 26-05-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

So, has anyone had an alarm installed in the last two years or so (Dublin area only)

Provided boards.ie rules permit it, I would appreciate recommendations for good value systems.

My other half wants to set up indoor cameras (maybe with night vision) linked up to hobbyist computers called raspberry pi. If we go down a high-tech path that allows us to control the system to a very high level, it'd be great if we could view feeds from them while we're away.

If that's insanely expensive, that will go out the window and we'll be happy with something that just monitors the house decently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

There's a forum somewhere on Boards for alarms, better to ask there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Alarm forum here. Most of the main posters look for work there continuously.

Siemens and HKC are the best systems in my opinion.
    I don't think you would be disappointed with either but as not many do Siemens there is a lot less competition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2011 wrote: »
    Alarm forum here. Most of the main posters look for work there continuously.

Siemens and HKC are the best systems in my opinion.
    I don't think you would be disappointed with either but as not many do Siemens there is a lot less competition.

My brother is ADT.
    He only uses HKC systems.

Price of the materials have gone up in recent years, i recently done my
    While house and the parts alone cost €600. He fitted it obviously.

That included all sensors, panel, text dialer and one wireless pir.

Advertisement