Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown to Dublin on the 126

Options
  • 26-05-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm hoping to move to Johnstown soon and would intend to take the 126 to commute to Dublin. My question is, how full does it tend to be from Naas when it gets to Johnstown?

Also anyone using the service have any feedback....delays, service quality?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mumm_ra

Hi, in a similar situation. Can anyone provide any information? Can you get a seat in the morning & evening rush hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Fills in naas but you'd get on at johnstown. Service is slow, unreliable and expensive. Bus itself is comfortable but it takes an age. I used to get the 7.15 from naas maxol to Stephens green. With the walk at the other side I'd be doing well to be in the office at 9. Wasn't sustainable for me so I moved. Depends how far into town you have to go and your threshold for pain on the commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

If you can, I'd suggest driving to the Luas park and ride at say saggart or red cow and luas from there. Traffic is not that bad in the morning and while it will be bumper to bumper at the evening, at least the luas is fairly reliable and your car will never be late or not show up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Or drive to Sallins and get the train [cheap as chips in the Dublin short hop zone]. Express train gets you to Heuston in 15/20 mins. Parking [if you can get it - but they are expanding] is €30 a month. Just get there before 7:20am and yer golden.

Advertisement