Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell S320 projector with chromecast

Options
  • 26-05-2018 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know if chromecast (1st generation) can be used with a dell s320 projector together with a Lenovo tab4 10 plus?

I want to use the projector to watch netflix streamed from the tablet. The projector has a hdmi port but I'm guessing it's not as straight forward as plug in the dongle and off you go?

Haven't got the Chromecast yet, I'm buying from adverts but wanted to check first I've heard there can be problems related to tv vs. pc resolution ...

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lolo62 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's not as straight forward as plug in the dongle and off you go?

It is. Assuming you've got wifi in the area of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

ED E wrote: »
    It is. Assuming you've got wifi in the area of use.

Yes there's wifi it's just when I called maplins they said there's no guarantee it would work and I couldn't return it if it didn't. Hence going for a second hand one. I'm just trying to rule out what the issues could be in advance.

The fact that the projector has a different resolution to a tv (which I think is what Chromecast is designed for?) could be one issue..or so ive read online.

Has anyone used Chromecast with a Projector?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

HDMI should handle that, the projector will tell the CC what res to use, same way it detects 720p vs 1080p.

Be aware that projector is 4:3(like most) at XGA so you'll end up using only 1024 by about 400px.

Advertisement