Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould

Options
  • 26-05-2018 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I started off in March planting in my greenhouse. Some of my pots have green mold on the top of the soil.
    My question is could I be allergic to this mold. I have lost my voice and am on antihistamine. This has been ongoing for 5 weeks. Trying to eliminate everything.

Tonight while watering I thought of this. Google not giving me much information. Any help or links appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mold can produce toxins and airborne spores that can be an irritant and not good to inhale but no way to tell if you are allergic to a particular type of mold without some sort of medically supervised experiment in my opinion. Better to get rid of the mold anyway as it's unlikely to be doing much good in the greenhouse. Good ventilation and controlling the moisture level is important to control fungal growth in a greenhouse.

Advertisement