Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&C

Options
  • 26-05-2018 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey everyone 😊

First of all huge hugs to everyone that has gone through a miscarriage.
    Just looking for some advice please.
    I unfortunately had a miscarriage at 9 weeks 3 days, bubs heart beat stopped 😭
    I underwent a D&C yesterday to remove all pregnancy tissue, much to my total devastation but, needed to be done.
    My question is when is it safe to start ttc again. My job levels done on 4/5/18 were 37,000 I got them repeated on 18/5/18 and they had significally dropped to 19,195. There has being a lot of bleeding due to taking mystropol and cyctoec to get everything ready for the procedure so, I'm really hoping they've dropped another good bit.
    Obviously I'm assuming that u are unable to become preg while u still have the preg hormone still in your system.
    Also is it true that you are highly fertile after a D&C.
    Sorry for all the questions but this is my 1st time to have to go through something like this. I had an ectopic preg last year but thankfully it was caught in time and treated with the metrox injection.
    Any advise would be hugely appreciated 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Elaine22 wrote: »
    Hey everyone 😊

First of all huge hugs to everyone that has gone through a miscarriage.
    Just looking for some advice please.
    I unfortunately had a miscarriage at 9 weeks 3 days, bubs heart beat stopped 😭
    I underwent a D&C yesterday to remove all pregnancy tissue, much to my total devastation but, needed to be done.
    My question is when is it safe to start ttc again. My job levels done on 4/5/18 were 37,000 I got them repeated on 18/5/18 and they had significally dropped to 19,195. There has being a lot of bleeding due to taking mystropol and cyctoec to get everything ready for the procedure so, I'm really hoping they've dropped another good bit.
    Obviously I'm assuming that u are unable to become preg while u still have the preg hormone still in your system.
    Also is it true that you are highly fertile after a D&C.
    Sorry for all the questions but this is my 1st time to have to go through something like this. I had an ectopic preg last year but thankfully it was caught in time and treated with the metrox injection.
    Any advise would be hugely appreciated 😊

Sorry for your loss, it would be worth checking with your doctor. I was advised to wait a cycle after a d&c, but the doctor told me it was for dating purposes more than anything. I have friends that were advised to wait three months so perhaps it depends on your own circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

effibear wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss, it would be worth checking with your doctor. I was advised to wait a cycle after a d&c, but the doctor told me it was for dating purposes more than anything. I have friends that were advised to wait three months so perhaps it depends on your own circumstances.

Thank you 😊
    My gynae doctor did come out and have a chat with me with regards how the procedure went. I don't know why when u are all over the place on drugs lol. He never said as to what to avoid or anything. Just that I should have my cycle back in 4-6 weeks and he would see me back within 6 weeks.
    We are very keen to start ttc as soon as possible as we are 8 years trying to conceive.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, where u far gone when u had to have the D&C

Advertisement