Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our terms of use have changed - GDPR

Options
  • 26-05-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

The Boards app on my phone now carries a big notice saying Terms of Use have Changed. I can read the new Terms but when I click I Agree, nothing changes; the message is still there and the "I Agree" message won't go away - it blocks half the screen.

Its OK on my PC but not on the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Same for me. Really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Same issue, everytime I open a new page the notice pops up, I clicked 'I agree', it disappears and then pops up again when I open go to the next page or go to the home page.
    Can't see any other option to select in the actual terms and conditions to accept

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Same thing for me it's a right pain in the noughty bits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The ‘ I Agree’ thing won’t go away on the iOS app. I’ve read the terms and tapped I agree multiple times but it’s still there on every page I visit. iPhone 6 Plus with latest iOS and Boards.ie app is up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Helpdesk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Same thing was happening for me on android touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Also can't get rid of this on Chrome using an Android phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Was about to post same thing. I’m on latest iOS on iPhone X. Not using the app, using the web touch site. (The fancy touch site.)

Issue seems to only occur in Safari. Works fine in Dolphin when I click “I agree”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

+1 on Galaxy using the internet not the boards app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Same on Android! Very annoying all weekend. When I click to agree it just selects the words.

Please fix this!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Am using a windows tablet, I have clicked "I Agree" endless times, I have enter the "terms of use " webpage endless times and still cannot get rid of the message that pops up on every boards webpage I visit. 
    There is no accept terms of use icon in the terms of use page except the "I agree" before I enter the "terms of use" webpage. Getting tiresome at this stage

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Help desk and merged with existing thread

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience. The devs have been working on this issue this morning, so hopefully there will be a full fix soon.

Moved back to the legacy page where that flaming message does not come up

Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for highlighting this issue. This should be resolved now.

Nope. Still clinging on here for dear life.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Nope
    Still have the problem in chrome 66 on IPhone 7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still have this problem on my Samsung android phone on chrome.

It's not!!!! Please fix this very simple problem for god sake, takes over half the screen on my android phone

• Advertisement

Why aren't my replies being posted on here???

Boards.ie Employee

If you're still having issues, can you try clearing your cache please

Boards.ie Employee

readyletsgo, replies in Help Desk are pre-moderated, which is why they don't appear until approved.

Ok mine is sorted now. Restarted the phone and clicked the “I Agree” once and it was gone. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I still can't get rid of the I Agree screen and if I try to click on a thread I am taken to the page with Legacy Site in top right corner.

Boards.ie Employee

robarmstrong has said elsewhere that using incognito mode has done the job and things are back to normal when they switch to a regular browsing window.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

robarmstrong has said elsewhere that using incognito mode has done the job and things are back to normal when they switch to a regular browsing window.

Not working for me.

Boards.ie Employee

If anyone is still having issues, could you let us know your browser, OS, network (if you're willing to offer that), and whether you're based inside or outside of Ireland. I'll leave responses unapproved.

Boards.ie Employee

Can I double check (has to be done, sorry) that anyone still encountering the issue has cleared their cache?

• Advertisement

Cleared the cache and issue seems to be resolved. 
    However I will be using the legacy version, reason being: that you cannot click to the latest post with the new site as you can with the legacy. Have looked and tried variants but cannot one click to the latest post, it only gives you the last poster details or the first page of the thread.

Advertisement