Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

• 27-05-2018 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fred/Bale/Toby who will be our first signing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

First for the first time ever. It’s going to be a great Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Fred/Bale/Toby who will be our first signing?

Ramos? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We go again. ;)

World cup year.....

• JS117488498.jpg

My man :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Our year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

21 Times

First for the first time ever. It’s going to be a great Summer.

Will Your Not first MrMac84 was actually first ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Will Your Not first MrMac84 was actually first ;)

Opening posts don’t count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just seen the last thread was locked and immediately thought, "what did M!ck^ do now"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Two things:

- I don’t believe any United fan who claims that he/she would be happy to see any English team win the Champions League. I’ve seen that said in the Liverpool thread by people purporting to be United fans.

- Jose completely outthought them over our two games this season; nullify them at Anfield and then open them up at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Nice to see the usual pool supporters absent who would usually hop onto this thread after a win

MurDawg wrote: »
    Nice to see the usual pool supporters absent who would usually hop onto this thread after a win

Thankfully, the sh*t show is on their patch.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    JS117488498.jpg

My man :D

Jaysus M!Ck^, its the morning after and a new thread even. Here's some perspective........

451768.jpg

Opening posts don’t count.

That's just delusional it's like saying you would of won the league if you dismissed the period of time that you lost most of your games.

There’s a picture of a person and there’s words beside that person. Yep, it all checks out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Our whole season relies on it? lol

Please lets not act as if Pool fans wouldn't be beside themselves if roles were reversed, and we got bundled out by Suarez' Barcalona after DDG made not one but two career ending howlers. Trying to frame this as "United fans think Liverpool losing is season defining" is actually a hilariously inept response.....

Jaysus M!Ck^, its the morning after and a new thread even. Here's some perspective........

451768.jpg

"It shows how bad your night went when you are using fake quotes from a former United player to make yourself feel better"

Jayo26 May-2018

• jayo26, I was enjoying my coffee, it's on the floor now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Welcome Neymar Jr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

"It shows how bad your night went when you are using fake quotes from a former United player to make yourself feel better"

Jayo26 May-2018

The perfect lubricant to usher Bangkok from his slumber...

Jayo26 May-2018

He did say it you know.

£619m net spend since SAF left. You keep enjoying that ersatz coffee M!Ck^.

He did say it you know.

Doing great with the maths this morning too I see. Focus on the net spend us won't fail then sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

So...what did I miss?

He did say it you know.

Is there a video or a transcript available? I’m not saying he definitely didn’t but the old picture and text combination is the calling card of the bullsh*t quote peddler.

https://twitter.com/CmdotCom_En/status/1000656168715366400

Mandzukic wants EPL move. Jose will be all over this.

The S*n also claimed that Martial has begun contract talks with United.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

So...what did I miss?

stop-madness.gif

A Europa League, Fa Cup and a League Cup since Fergie left but net spend is where it’s at :pac:
    Could you be any more Liverpool?

Well if our club has the money to spend I rather them do it, then have to sell our best players every season or so.

• Advertisement

A Europa League, Fa Cup and a League Cup since Fergie left but net spend is where it’s at :pac:
    Could you be any more Liverpool?

But,but,but it's more important than the fact that in the last decade they won a league cup on penalties.

• I think it was missed in the previous thread due to the various hilarious meltdowns.

On to Utd;

Zidane as a future Man Utd Manager?
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think he'd headbutt the Italian opposition managers square in the chest.

Is there a video or a transcript available? I’m not saying he definitely didn’t but the old picture and text combination is the calling card of the bullsh*t quote peddler.

Listed here as well Will.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-what-scholes-has-said-about-united-right-now-will-hurt-fans-20180525

Lads, I'm well aware schadenfruede is a double edged concept, but considering both Utd and Liverpool finished well behind City, I thought some of the commentary was a tad OTT and self indulgent when its clear BOTH clubs have shortcomings when it comes to tackling a 38 game league campaign.

P.S. I didn't make any comments about the Cup Final.

I think it was missed in the previous thread due to the various hilarious meltdowns.

On to Utd;

Thoughts?

His record stands up to the best of them doesn't it he only in management 3 year.

I think it was missed in the previous thread due to the various hilarious meltdowns.

On to Utd;

Thoughts?

Jose will be with us for 30 years. Lets wait and see if Zidane can keep it up that long, or if we'll be more focused on going for Jose's son....

• Advertisement

Listed here as well Will.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-what-scholes-has-said-about-united-right-now-will-hurt-fans-20180525

Lads, I'm well aware schadenfruede is a double edged concept, but considering both Utd and Liverpool finished well behind City, I thought some of the commentary was a tad OTT and self indulgent when its clear BOTH clubs have shortcomings when it comes to tackling a 38 game league campaign.

P.S. I didn't make any comments about the Cup Final.

It’s just another picture with words :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Is zidans run better than peps at Barca now?

It’s just another picture with words :pac: :pac: :pac:

Why wouldn't you believe he said it anyway? Scholes has form of ripping into Utd's performances in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

He did say it you know.

Striker money on a central defender which your manager said he’d rather quit before he’d do something like that....

On to Utd;

Thoughts?

It’s always been his dream to be at old trafford
    I think he'd headbutt the Italian opposition managers square in the chest.

How’s about a German opponent instead... I’ll show you heavy metal football... boom 💥

• Advertisement

• Why wouldn't you believe he said it anyway? Scholes has form of ripping into Utd's performances in the last couple of years.

If Utd had won the league by 20 points most Utd fans would still be pissing themselves laughing at Liverpool losing the final.
    Why act so surprised about this?

Why wouldn't you believe he said it anyway? Scholes has form of ripping into Utd's performances in the last couple of years.

Because you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet, if he said it in public it should be pretty easy to find a source.

Hococop wrote: »
    Is zidans run better than peps at Barca now?

Pep 2
    Zidane 3

Zidane has a 100% success rate in the champions league

brinty wrote: »
    Striker money on a central defender which your manager said he’d rather quit before he’d do something like that....

The issue needed to be addressed (plus its still not sorted....). I've no problem with a manager changing his mind if its for the greater good, which in this case was glaringly obvious.

@M!Ck^ Maybe Paul Scholes is just concerned about the state of the club he loves. Instead you got the wagons in a circle over it. Predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Paul Scholes’ behaviour and commentary since he left sickens me to be honest. He was probably my favourite United player and I admired his “under the radar” manner and the fact that he’d bring his son to see Oldham, no questions asked. But now he’s become a rent-a-quote and he’s too quick to badmouth the club. I think I’m with Mourinho on this one; some elements of the Class of 92 are toxic and wanted their mate Giggs parachuted into the job. They are helping to build the negativity around the club and should shut the f..k up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

See their thread is just as toxic today. People were called every name under the sun last night in there, including "nonce".

They should probably get their own private forum like Spurs used to. Clearly can't play well with others, unless they win.

The issue needed to be addressed (plus its still not sorted....). I've no problem with a manager changing his mind if its for the greater good, which in this case was glaringly obvious.

@M!Ck^ Maybe Paul Scholes is just concerned about the state of the club he loves. Instead you got the wagons in a circle over it. Predictable.

I think the main point is majority of United fans discuss at length the failings of our club and we all want it to be better and some see progress in our league campaign this year and final of fa cup but we still know that there is a lot to do and improve on and know that this is a massive campaign coming up for the current manager.

In contrast to Liverpool thread they have had a run in champions league and finished a point worse off and position lower in league but all they want to discuss is blaming opposition players and a 24 year old goal keeper that has received deththreats and what not.

The manager gets off Scott free but yet pool fans will happily discuss players like Martial failing under Jose but what about karius under Klopp? He was in the bundesleague team of the year before he joined Liverpool where does klopp take responsibility for his failure.

Going forward the pool manager going by what the fans say has no serious targets just do your best top four and a run in a cup final? That's a bloody joke how long do you think players like salah and firminho will hang around with a klopp that are happy to come close every season?

Anyone seriously asks a question about the manager and they are called scum and worse and accused of been a troll and even when your own fans question the mentality of the club they are laughed at.

Enjoy the football when you can because without success you won't have salah very long more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

J. Marston wrote: »
    See their thread is just as toxic today. People were called every name under the sun last night in there, including "nonce".

They should probably get their own private forum like Spurs used to. Clearly can't play well with others, unless they win.

Yep

Few good ones like Augeo, and Phuck Hugh but a load of bad eggs

Upside lads, ye are apparently getting a list of acceptable terms to call what you perceive as trolls and wind ups now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The S*n also claimed that Martial has begun contract talks with United.
    This would be great news. I'd love for the guy to stay but he has to commit to united and be willing to up his game to become a regular starter. Otherwise he should go this summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement