Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/deanhenderson/status/1000813068774002688?s=21

Seems like he made a huge impression with the fans during his loan move.

The comments are great to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I say no more then this but some of people complain here same ones who talk **** themselves week in week out.

Fair enough he was a Mod. But to just accuse him over 1 post.

We have all done it. I have few times.

Anyway I'm off watch Ireland destroy the French (kinda)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fabinho off to Pool for £43m. Him and Keita will tighten up their midfield next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya im not looking forward to this feedback thread i think most of us are gonna come out of it with a very bitter taste in our mouth. There wont be a good outcome from it all.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fabinho off to Pool for £43m. Him and Keita will tighten up their midfield next year.

United could of had him last season so if he becomes a star there no one else to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Suprised at that as TAA has had a good season and looks a real player. Himself and robertson would of had the positions tied down i woulda thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

With Fred coming in and Matic there we won’t need him in the middle, we would need a more box to box player than a DM, would rather him at RB but we seem to be looking at sidibe and Vrsaljko there

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Suprised at that as TAA has had a good season and looks a real player. Himself and robertson would of had the positions tied down i woulda thought

He’s more a DM these days but always says that he sees himself being a RB again in the future

astradave wrote: »
    With Fred coming in and Matic there we won’t need him in the middle, we would need a more box to box player than a DM, would rather him at RB but we seem to be looking at sidibe and Vrsaljko there

Would love saul niguez from athletico, brilliant box to box player

Edit: cheers dave i didnt know that about fabinho

Ya im not looking forward to this feedback thread i think most of us are gonna come out of it with a very bitter taste in our mouth. There wont be a good outcome from it all.

All I'd say is stay respectful, voice any frustrations in a manner that's constructive and dont rise to the inevitable personal back and forth Pool/United nonsense. If it devolves into people just taking shots, or being sarcastic, it will be ignored very quickly.

• Advertisement

All I'd say is stay respectful, voice any frustrations in a manner that's constructive and dont rise to the inevitable personal back and forth Pool/United nonsense. If it devolves into people just taking shots, or being sarcastic, it will be ignored very quickly.

Ill be keeping an eye on it but i think unless something really catches my attention and feel need to contribute ill be staying out of posting.

I just dont see at this stage how there can be a civil conversation on any matter in the soccer forum especially when you cant even trust some of the ones in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah in reality I think it'll be ignored anyway. The sacrifice has been made so thats the get out of jail card sorted really.

Jesus Fabinho to pool is picking up pace very fast.....we should be moving at similar speed to get deals done tbh. Once WC starts I doubt there will be much transfer action at all.

Sidibe having a good game here, suppose that’s not hard against Ireland :D

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jesus Fabinho to pool is picking up pace very fast.....we should be moving at similar speed to get deals done tbh. Once WC starts I doubt there will be much transfer action at all.

In fairness, Norwood followed Fred today, that’s as good as confirmation.

Also clubs will be in touch with agents so it’s not too bad..

Doyle was watching CL final anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heard on a podcast on the way home Bale earns 600k a week at Real. Holy ****. Didn’t know it was that much.

What is Sanchez on? No way he’s taking a pay cut so imagine very few clubs would offer him close to that.

Sometimes wonder in our desperation to get back to winning are we loosing sight of the right ship Ferguson ran in terms of wages. Paid an awful load out for garbage returns in recent years.

I know some people would say don’t worry about it not your money, but I’d look at it more in terms of the impact in the squad. I’m sure there is eyebrows being raised internally at Sanchez’s performances for those paychecks.

Just was really shocked to hear Bale is on that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Bale on 600k sounds like a load of BS.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Heard on a podcast on the way home Bale earns 600k a week at Real. Holy ****. Didn’t know it was that much.

What is Sanchez on? No way he’s taking a pay cut so imagine very few clubs would offer him close to that.

Sometimes wonder in our desperation to get back to winning are we loosing sight of the right ship Ferguson ran in terms of wages. Paid an awful load out for garbage returns in recent years.

I know some people would say don’t worry about it not your money, but I’d look at it more in terms of the impact in the squad. I’m sure there is eyebrows being raised internally at Sanchez’s performances for those paychecks.

Wouldn't take that as gospel anyways, think in the football leaks previously it came out that his new contract was 15m gpb so thats about 290k a week if I'm calculating correctly..

TheDoc wrote: »

Only response i can think of Doc is the player salary structure has changed immensely since fergies reign. I mean he wasnt a fan of it but did give Rooney the pay hike he wanted to stay at the club.
    Its actually frightening the wages these days. Surely the bubble has to burst at some point. If not, 10 years time we could lads on 1million a week if the trend continues

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is is really a bubble?

They have live sport to sell that people want to watch. It is not the football league on ITV. Live sport in one of the most valuable tv items left as it is must see as it happens.

If clubs can earn the money, the players should get their rightful share of the money.

beno619 wrote: »
    Bale on 600k sounds like a load of BS.

Afaik, that's before tax and Spain has a higher tax percentage, or something. He could take a "pay cut" to join us and still make more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Liverpool website confirms Fabinho deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not gonna lie, I would of really liked to have signed Fabihno to play right back for us.

I literally cannot take another season of Valencia.

We badly need 2 fullbacks and a centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’d have loved Fabinho at United too. Long time admirer... it’s amazing how easy it is to lose all that admiration in an instant. One picture will do it :pac:

DM_7 wrote: »
    Is is really a bubble?

They have live sport to sell that people want to watch. It is not the football league on ITV. Live sport in one of the most valuable tv items left as it is must see as it happens.

If clubs can earn the money, the players should get their rightful share of the money.

Which i would imgaine has a precedent on how much tv pays for it. I mean my point was when does bubble of a players salary stop. No one should be paid 1million a week to play football. Not that its happening now but the future maybe.
    I dunno im no expert in it on how its done and i cant seem to write down where im coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Only response i can think of Doc is the player salary structure has changed immensely since fergies reign. I mean he wasnt a fan of it but did give Rooney the pay hike he wanted to stay at the club.
    Its actually frightening the wages these days. Surely the bubble has to burst at some point. If not, 10 years time we could lads on 1million a week if the trend continues

...Messi is on that much.

I'd imagine Ronaldo is too but with them they probably make a bomb off image rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Liverpool website confirms Fabinho deal

That's a great signing for them. One we should have made ourselves.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I would of really liked to have signed Fabihno to play right back for us.

I literally cannot take another season of Valencia.

We badly need 2 fullbacks and a centre back.

Afaik, he's barely played as a full back in two years. He's being signed as a midfielder.

If we had wanted him, he made it clear we could have had him over the last two windows. But he's not what we'd need right now. Fred is far more what we need.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    ...Messi is on that much.

I'd imagine Ronaldo is too but with them they probably make a bomb off image rights.

A week, really!? I mean messi is mr barcelona so i could see it but the likes of young stars being offered as the norm later on is worrying.
    Anyway the **** do i care, just thought it was mad tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think once Matic was signed last summer ,Fabinho was a non runner.Dont need another DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yabadabado wrote: »
    I think once Matic was signed last summer ,Fabinho was a non runner.Dont need another DM.

Sort of do considering how much Matic burned out this season.

I'd rather we go with a cheaper back up option than 50m tbh. A cheaper kid, and then maybe Herrera if 100% nessecary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I dont think DM would be a priority ,maybe Jose will sign a back up DM but I can't see someone of Fabinhos calibre wanting to play second fiddle to Matic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

adox wrote: »
    Everything has been said already about that ridiculous de-modding and it’s announcement but I do think delaying the feedback thread is going to have the opposite affect of what I’m sure they are hoping for.

We are going to see this debate spilled over into various threads now and cause the powers that be more headaches than less(which I presume is this objective in postponing the feedback thread)

Look, it’s only an Internet forum in the grand scheme of things but the whole thing stinks to the high heavens.

There was a bit of a humour bypass the other day for some reason. Even more touchy than usual :)

• Advertisement

That's a great signing for them. One we should have made ourselves.

We have Matic to play that role though with Fred to come in who can cover there also, once we get a Full back I’ll be grand with missing out on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'd agree a natural dm wouldn't be a priority for us.

He is an excellent signing for pool and exactly what they need so I'm not downplaying it but we have more important positions.

Carrick was presumably supposed to ease the pressure on Matic for a year until we picked up another this year (Dendoncker was the tip 12 mths ago). Carricks health issues removed that possibility. Hindsight is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I see that they have gotten over their ouchies and boo-boos and wind-ups are okay again. Unreal

pjohnson wrote: »
    Carrick was presumably supposed to ease the pressure on Matic for a year until we picked up another this year (Dendoncker was the tip 12 mths ago). Carricks health issues removed that possibility. Hindsight is great.

But we added McTominay to the squad but with our injuries he was asked to play in a more advanced role. Our injuries ****ed Matic over in Midfield this season really

• Advertisement

But we added McTominay to the squad but with our injuries he was asked to play in a more advanced role. Our injuries ****ed Matic over in Midfield this season really

Yep. And Ander was pretty septic until after his court case ended so Matic had no one helping him in 70% of his games tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seems to be a Fawlty Towers situation

Don't mention the war

Fair enough. They can card away.

I'm only telling truth.

Won't blame Mod if get card. I know it's not there fault

I don't fully agree with that Kew.

I've never seen the likes of the winding-up which was allowed to go on in here from 'neutrals' this season. Never mind neutrals coming in for a discussion, or to share an unpopular opinion, cause that's all fine, it's the troll attempts of which there were many. At various points (when United lost) a mass of 'neutrals' would descend in here to have some kind of pop. That would be allowed to continue unpunished, while any of us in here who called it out got the infraction.

One of those times, I got carded for suggesting someone was just trying to wind-up United posters rather than engage in honest debate. They totally were and it was going on for a few posts at that stage, but that didn't matter. I guess I should have called that poster a nonce, or c**t, or a waste of life, smash my hands against the keyboard in some completely OTT fit of petulance, it would have gotten the same infraction at worst. Oh wait, I just wouldn't do that no matter what infraction it did or didn't pick up.

I have seen a few more of those type of cards handed out in the United thread this past season, think it was astradave who got one when we were being pillaged by gleeful City fans and neutrals before Christmas for example, and they are very unfair infractions. Especially when the WUMing has been going on for hours without mod intervention, and the report button has been given up on, such is its uselessness.

There were those type of cards, and then as FatherTed1969 pointed out, he got one of the most ridiculous cards I've seen in the soccer forum. Merely for honestly misspelling a word in the wrong thread. A thread where 'Moaninho' has gone unpunished quite often.

Whose fault are those cards?

Also, I've seen good posters in here punished for making any kind of allusion to a neutral opinion not being welcome in here. They are swiftly reminded that 'This is not just a thread for United posters'. Fair enough. Meanwhile however, over in the other thread, taking the piss of those who 'come in peace' is like a party-piece for a few posters by now. They never get called for it, and actually have been thanked by a soccer mod for it on occasion.

Mr. Mac was accused of handing out cards to rival fans like confetti and being highly biased, well I've seen that behaviour with at least one other mod this season. If they're going to pretend that Mr.Mac was the problem and now that he's been removed it's plain sailing from here, well they're wrong.

I used to think this was a fairly modded forum where the lines were quite clear and the implementation of the charter at least semi-consistent. I unfortunately don't feel the same way anymore. I've seen more 'political/tribal' moderating this past season than any of the last 7-8 I've been around for, and it's highly off-putting.

I know some Boards posters have had the following opinion for longer than a year. I know 'nothing is as good as it used to be' in general, but I really feel the soccer forum dived off a cliff this past season. That's not all on the mods or even nearly all on them, but instances like the above don't help. Give WUMs an inch, they become normalised to taking the mile.

I've never seen the likes of the winding-up which was allowed to go on in here from 'neutrals' this season. Never mind neutrals coming in for a discussion, or to share an unpopular opinion, cause that's all fine, it's the troll attempts of which there were many. At various points (when United lost) a mass of 'neutrals' would descend in here to have some kind of pop. That would be allowed to continue unpunished, while any of us in here who called it out got the infraction.

One of those times, I got carded for suggesting someone was just trying to wind-up United posters rather than engage in honest debate. They totally were and it was going on for a few posts at that stage, but that didn't matter. I guess I should have called that poster a nonce, or c**t, or a waste of life, smash my hands against the keyboard in some completely OTT fit of petulance, it would have gotten the same infraction at worst. Oh wait, I just wouldn't do that no matter what infraction it did or didn't pick up.

I have seen a few more of those type of cards handed out in the United thread this past season, think it was astradave who got one when we were being pillaged by gleeful City fans and neutrals before Christmas for example, and they are very unfair infractions. Especially when the WUMing has been going on for hours without mod intervention, and the report button has been given up on, such is its uselessness.

There were those type of cards, and then as FatherTed1969 pointed out, he got one of the most ridiculous cards I've seen in the soccer forum. Merely for honestly misspelling a word in the wrong thread. A thread where 'Moaninho' has gone unpunished quite often.

Also, I've seen good posters in here punished for making any kind of allusion to a neutral opinion not being welcome in here. They are swiftly reminded that 'This is not just a thread for United posters'. Fair enough. Meanwhile however, over in the other thread, taking the piss of those who 'come in peace' is like a party-piece for a few posters by now. They never get called for it, and actually have been thanked by a soccer mod for it on occasion.

Mr. Mac was accused of handing out cards to rival fans like confetti and being highly biased, well I've seen that behaviour with at least one other mod this season. If they're going to pretend that Mr.Mac was the problem and now that he's been removed it's plain sailing from here, well they're wrong.

I used to think this was a fairly modded forum where the lines were quite clear and the implementation of the charter at least semi-consistent. I unfortunately don't feel the same way anymore. I've seen more 'political/tribal' moderating this past season than any of the last 7-8 I've been around for, and it's highly off-putting.

I know some Boards posters have had the following opinion for longer than a year. I know 'nothing is as good as it used to be' in general, but I really feel the soccer forum dived off a cliff this past season. That's not all on the mods or even nearly all on them, but instances like the above don't help. Give WUMs an inch, they become normalised to taking the mile.

I look forward to the new charter. With the special dispensation for certain posters clearly defined. The current public charter is not the up to date version.

Bravo man, well said. Must reference this post when the feedback forum does open. Fair play

Bravo man, well said. Must reference this post when the feedback forum does open. Fair play

You should screenshot it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would that be due to the strange phenomenon of certain posts getting deleted?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would that be due to the strange phenomenon of certain posts getting deleted?

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg

Thats cold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Be nice if we could get a few signings wrapped up soon. I’m getting itchy for new names already.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement