Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The first link, with the I want Pogba out of Manchester United headline appears to be a complete fabrication by the "journalist". I know, shocking.

On the second bit, even though the headline click bait was made up Raiola has always been right down the bottom of the totem pole for me when it comes to agents (super agents anyway) It is a shame we have dealt with him recently. Can't stand the guy.

There are plenty of places running that Pogba is unhappy that Jose criticised him during the WC, which really is bullshît when you look at the quotes that they are running, just take ESPN’s take on it. These are the quotes that supposedly made Pogba want to leave
    "I don't think it's about us getting the best out of him," Mourinho told ESPN FC. "It's about him giving the best he has to give. I think the World Cup is the perfect habitat for a player like him to give the best.

"Why? Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football. Where he's with his team on the training camp, completely isolated from the external world, where they focus just on football, where the dimensions of the game can only motivate.

"During a season, you can have a big match then a smaller match, then one even smaller, then you can lose your focus, you can lose your concentration, then comes a big match again."

From here :

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1026606772390379520?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

limnam wrote: »
    But they came 4th.
    We drew away and beat them at home.
    Playing attractive football for the sake of it is pointless.
    We've gone over this ground before. SAF filled midfifleds with players like park/fetcher. Put rooney on the wing. All against big teams. People didn't care. we won things.

And made CL finals, we won **** all and embarrassed by Sevilla and played **** football. Apart from that, it wasn't even discussion about winning or losing, it's about replacing average players, at least check the context before stating with nonsense.
    We must be watching different matches. The amount of times we pounded down the doors last two years and came away with SFA or a draw had nothing to do with playing defensively. For the most post part they were going out to hammer the riff raff and change for bigger games.

Then when you take the big games our record last year against top 6 was pretty damn good. Only City's was better

Obviously watching different sport. Yeah playing defensive game once in bluemoon is same as playing against every good team. Even when we played defensively, we were superb counter attacking team, not the **** hoof ball like we play now.

How can a team come 2nd in the premiership
    2nd best defensive record last year.
    Win a number of trophies and not play like a team

I'm all for having a crack of jose.
    Whining about signings.
    Wonder why martial goes on like a 12yr child etc

But stop talking utter rubbish.

Bit rich coming from you. Finishing second doesn't mean we played as a team. In top 4, there isn't any team that is as disjointed as ours. I have given reasons why we are not a team, which is way beyond your level. So stop the nonsense. Yeah, it's harsh and disrespectful but posts like yours don't deserve any better.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh, This is exactly the point I have been making. Pogba wasn’t bought for Jose he was bought for other reasons. Same as 3 of the 4 transfers thus summer where not first team Jose priorities.

Repeat the lie so many times in a hope that few might believe it's true. Every single transfer is Jose's signing. Only player who is doubtful is Mkhitaryan.

Jose was always a big fan for Pogba and wanted to sign him at Chelsea.
    Pogba is one of the top players in the world. Pogba goes to any team and improves that team automatically.
    "I think everybody has an interest in Pogba. But there are things you can do and things you cannot do. I love the Eiffel Tower but I can’t have the Eiffel Tower in my garden. I can’t even have the Eiffel Tower of Las Vegas.”

Before this summer signings.
    1. Zlatan - Only reason he signed was because Jose was ManUtd manager

2. Bailly
    “I was in the Ivory Coast, I got called from a *Portuguese number, he *introduced himself but I just didn’t *believe it at first,” smiled Bailly.

“Before I came to Man United, it was City who had been watching me. In my mind, I was going there. But then everything changed.
    "It felt like Mourinho was the one who really wanted me. He showed more interest, he rang me and that’s why I’m at Man United.

3. Mkhitaryan -

4. Pogba - Jose wanted him even when he was at Chelsea but said deal was impossible. ManUtd made it happen for him.

5. Lindelof
    According to sources familiar with the negotiations, Lindelof is first on a list of central defenders drawn up by Jose Mourinho to strengthen a back four that has proved problematic during the new Old Trafford manager's initial months at the club.

Jose's mouthpiece reporting that Lindelof was first in list of CBs Jose wanted and it was reported 6 months before we signed the player

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-target-benficas-victor-9377256

6. Lukaku
    He sees the maturity that has grown throughout the years, so I'm really thankful for the opportunity he gave me again.
    However, when Manchester United and Jose Mourinho come knocking at the door it is an opportunity of a lifetime and one that I could not turn down.

7. Matic
    "To work with Jose Mourinho once again was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. I cannot wait to meet my new team-mates and to start training with them.

Jose on Matic
    Nemanja is a Manchester United player and a Jose Mourinho player. He represents everything we want in a footballer; loyalty, consistency, ambition, team player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »

Mata’s Goal to win it :pac:

So great craic going on there..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Lord TSC wrote: »

Thank god we didn’t lose. This place would have went into meltdown.

So much nonsense is posted about Pogba, it's just unreal. Not only this thread (just by 1 or 2 posters btw), that summer transfer thread is just wumhole. So many don't even watch any games, just go by twitter bs.

Anyways, amazing how Pogba never had any problems with Conte, Allegri, Deschamps - managers who are known for discipline but has problems with only Jose, a manager who has history of falling out with so many players at every club except Inter (not sure at Porto).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm going with Clinton Morrison's theory on whole thing.

Honestly though I have never cared so little about Per season as I have this one.

The thing is we have the players bar a decent FB and CB but you don't win leagues unless you have a solid CB partnership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

We have no right winger that is good enough to provide service.

We have two full backs who are awful going forward.

Smalling and Jones don't have the ability on the ball to bring the ball out and start attacks.

Defenders are so important to starting attacks and we have no quality.

We need a cb and lb but it doesn't look likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

astradave wrote: »
    There are plenty of places running that Pogba is unhappy that Jose criticised him during the WC, which really is bullshît when you look at the quotes that they are running, just take ESPN’s take on it. These are the quotes that supposedly made Pogba want to leave

From here :

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1026606772390379520?s=21

Jose was complimetary to him during the world cup, they seem to get along fine going in any actual evidence we have (video evidence to boot!)

I don't see the quote I said was fabricated being run anywhere though I do see the guy who posted the headline getting a lot of flak for his bull****.

I have no comment on whether pogba is happy or unhappy. Frankly I don't care, he isn't going to be sold at this stage so he needs to buckle down and play to a consistent level. If he wants to go next summer good luck to him. The manager deserving criticism doesn't excuse players who clearly don't put in 100%.

My suspicion is that he is fine, that there is no big rift and that he is going to have a very good season this year. Hopefully it Matic back sooner rather than later cause I am very happy with our midfield options this season with him in as the anchor.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

[Simon Stone] Unsurprisingly @ManUtd not interested in letting Paul Pogba go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

As interesting as it could be and is fun to speculate we aren't realistically letting Pogba go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I reckon this is so Mino can get Pogba a new contract.

Inevitable with Sanchez wage costs.

De Gea will also cost a lot to keep. Wage explosion within the current group may partly explain clubs reluctance to buy, buy, buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fekir also being linked with a move to United or Chelsea now,link is pretty tenuous to be fair.

Speaking of Chelsea, they've gotten Kovacic on loan from Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

This isn't even a headline on skysports, tells you how much you should read into the story.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1026763848550895617

Manchester United 'to rival Arsenal for Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele'https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ousmane-dembele-wanted-manchester-united-13043240

Well, with the Pogba "not for sale to Barcelona" stuff,we know how this is going to pan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fekir also being linked with a move to United or Chelsea now,link is pretty tenuous to be fair.

Speaking of Chelsea, they've gotten Kovacic on loan from Madrid.
    Kovacic most overrated midfielder on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Manchester United 'to rival Arsenal for Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele'https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ousmane-dembele-wanted-manchester-united-13043240

Well, with the Pogba "not for sale to Barcelona" stuff,we know how this is going to pan out.

Im telling ya, we are not in for mina, sneaky ed is actually trying for a deal for dembele. Toby is done imo

There are other reports in Spain that Barca could be willing to offer Dembele and Rakatic for Pogba.. could is the main word there though..

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    This isn't even a headline on skysports, tells you how much you should read into the story.

:pac: so we should believe it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Would be a great deal can't see Barca agreeing to that.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/1026789050030739456

More Pogba stuff, tldr: He wants to leave and go back to Juventus but United won't sell this late in the window.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

There are other reports in Spain that Barca could be willing to offer Dembele and Rakatic for Pogba.. could is the main word there though..

I'd take that deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

:pac: so we should believe it!

I meant it isnt on the banner anymore :D

They can't afford him tbh.

Juve can't either.

I think it has to be an attempt to get more wages "oh sorry we are making you stay, here is more money".

If PSG ever come calling then I would believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't mind clubs looking to buy our players. To be honest it hasn't happened enough, it's the sign of us having a desirable player. Whatever about that Barca bid being absolutely laughable, they can bid away.
    Look at Martial, club wants rid and can't shift. None of our players we want to offload are commanding decent prices. That's intrinsically tied with the viewpoint on how these players are performing and where they are at. Markets speak for themselves most of the time, regardless of our take if the team, players or manager are doing well or not. No one is mad for our players.

There is literally no scenario or situation where we should be selling Paul Pogba. Zero. Even if he wants out.

Whatever about him being a brilliant player we need and is not easily replaceable, it's WAYYYY to late in the day to be selling your teams best player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Keep hearing that we need attacking full backs but we haven't been linked with any? Has Mourinho said as much? He had chances to play Shaw last season and always picked young who is more solid defensively.

Keep reading we need a RW but we have Sanchez who is proven in the position but the manager insists on playing on the other side ahead of 2 extremely promising young players...one of whom (Martial) he seemingly wants to sell.

So I'm not convinced by the idea that JM should be excused until these positions are filled by new signings.

Now more difficulties with pogba

This guy is supposed to be one of the top managers in the world, he needs to get the finger out and manage and coach the players and cut the press conference foolishness...

Harry Maguire.....really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lad is supposedly reliable for Barca news says the offer isn't real

https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/1026633947428675585

TheDoc wrote: »
    I don't mind clubs looking to buy our players. To be honest it hasn't happened enough, it's the sign of us having a desirable player. Whatever about that Barca bid being absolutely laughable, they can bid away.
    Look at Martial, club wants rid and can't shift. None of our players we want to offload are commanding decent prices. That's intrinsically tied with the viewpoint on how these players are performing and where they are at. Markets speak for themselves most of the time, regardless of our take if the team, players or manager are doing well or not. No one is mad for our players.

There is literally no scenario or situation where we should be selling Paul Pogba. Zero. Even if he wants out.

Whatever about him being a brilliant player we need and is not easily replaceable, it's WAYYYY to late in the day to be selling your teams best player.

Selling pogba is absolutely stupid commercially, and the commercial side of the business buys all the shiny new players and pays the bills. Sack mourinho if he can't get on with and coach Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

so we have one new starting 11 player.....sigh

expectations for new season pretty low,what about others ?

• Advertisement

ericzeking wrote: »
    Selling pogba is absolutely stupid commercially, and the commercial side of the business buys all the shiny new players and pays the bills. Sack mourinho if he can't get on with and coach Pogba.

Get Moyes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Is it true that Sanchez is on 45 trillion pounds a week and that every time he pulls up the leg of his shorts they give him a life sized, solid gold elephant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Is it true that Sanchez is on 45 trillion pounds a week and that every time he pulls up the leg of his shorts they give him a life sized, solid gold elephant?

:D:D:D
    Even more expensive than the litany of Martial add-ons - we must have spent a fortune at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And I thought the 69 Billion in Bonus that Martial got was a lot

DM_7 wrote: »
    Get Moyes back!

He's available yo

5.30 pm kick off for the Newcastle game. More time to soak in the atmosphere around the ground before the game. (Code for getting pints) :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Far to quite considering transfer window closed in day or two!

Far to quite considering transfer window closed in day or two!

Id say at least one deal is already done and perhaps a 2nd. Other club just holding deals up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

bangkok wrote: »
    Id say at least one deal is already done and perhaps a 2nd. Other club just holding deals up

Hope we have something worth the wait coming!

• Advertisement

I think toby is a done deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You've been saying that for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think toby is a done deal
    Spurs have said today they have yet to receive any bids for Toby,
    I reckon he could see out the last year of his contract, He would then be able to ask for a much higher wage and singing on fee with a new club next year ,

You've been saying that for quite a while.

Just to cheer everyone up even more.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1026833425871896576

Tottenham are yet to receive a bid from #mufc for Alderweireld and a deal is way off #mulive [pa]

Just to cheer everyone up even more.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1026833425871896576

Tottenham are yet to receive a bid from #mufc for Alderweireld and a deal is way off #mulive [pa]

I was looking at that but it looks like it originated from the evening express link so thought, must be bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah I can't see anything really. Norwood or someone would have leaked "medical pending" by now. 48 hours to go, I'd say Woodward is waiting for the 80m Maguire bid in about 20 hours time.

I was looking at that but it looks like it originated from the evening express link so thought, must be bull****

Everything united related lately seems to be bull.

We need to see a chopper or a white sheet around Carrington soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tbf, it's just another quote that means nothing. If you're negotiating with a club and they say anything under £55 million won't be accepted you don't just go and bid £40 million anyway in the hope they accidentally fill out all the paperwork and tell the player to pack his bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Spurs have said today they have yet to receive any bids for Toby,
    I reckon he could see out the last year of his contract, He would then be able to ask for a much higher wage and singing on fee with a new club next year ,

He'll also have his choice of suitors next summer.
    I'm sure plenty of clubs are put off by the valuation this year and the prospect of negotiating with Levy.

£25M isn't a big spend for any top side in today's market

• Advertisement

Zeek12 wrote: »
    He'll also have his choice of suitors next summer.
    I'm sure plenty of clubs are put off by the valuation this year and the prospect of negotiating with Levy.

£25M isn't a big spend for any top side in today's market

Players want the now and at his age i cant see him waiting another year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement