Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

adox wrote: »
    Yep. Although I’ve been bigging up the idea of Bale moving so make it an even four. :D

That would be a decent window. Throw in another fullback and it would be a great window.

How much money do you think we’d need to make those 4 happen?

I think you are looking at about 220 million to get all 4. I think we would need to recover around 100 million in sales if we were going to spend that much. It also leaves us without a new right back which would worry me.

I’d be ok with selling Martial, Darmian, Blind, Jones, and Mata to fund it all. I would hope we’d get about 120 million for that lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm very relieved Liverpool were found out last night.

Think we all have moved on tho mate you missed the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

GSPfan wrote: »

I think you are looking at about 220 million to get all 4. I think we would need to recover around 100 million in sales if we were going to spend that much. It also leaves us without a new right back which would worry me.

I’d be ok with selling Martial, Darmian, Blind, Jones, and Mata to fund it all. I would hope we’d get about 120 million for that lot.

We wouldn't get 120m for them. Martial would be the most expensive but I'd say any deal for him would likely be full of add ons instead of a huge flat price. Darmian would be about 10m, Jones maybe 20 at a push, same with Mata and is Blind to out of contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I just have this feeling bale will sign a new contract over next few weeks and it will be like nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

We wouldn't get 120m for them. Martial would be the most expensive but I'd say any deal for him would likely be full of add ons instead of a huge flat price. Darmiam woild be about 10m, Jones maybe 20 at a push, same with Mata and is Blind to out of contract?

Only Fellani is out of contract this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I just have this feeling bale will sign a new contract over next few weeks and it will be like nothing ever happened.

That's EXACTLY how it's going to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Done deal so! Ha

All were short is futureGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

DeGea
    Sidibe Alderweireld Bailly Sandro
    Fred Savic
    Bale Pogba Sanchez
    Lukaku

Anything short of this and It’ll be a disaster of a transfer window!

:)

God how much would that cost haha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hococop wrote: »

Make it happen Ed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

adox wrote: »
    Yep. Although I’ve been bigging up the idea of Bale moving so make it an even four. :D

That would be a decent window. Throw in another fullback and it would be a great window.

Think it would be a great window before you even add in another full back. Don't think anyone could argue if we got those players in.

Talking about Bale to United, before last night I was 'meh...injuries'. Today I am that 'Shut up and take my money' meme.

Whether it will be Bale or Ronaldo to leave RM this Summer, Zidane's words are interesting...
    "Cristiano Ronaldo has to stay at Real Madrid. Cristiano Ronaldo will stay with Real Madrid, but we have to see. I think he is a Real player and we cannot describe what he has done in his career. Bale's situation is a bit more complicated."

Elsewhere...

Jamie Jackson at the Guardian saying that the way is clear for United to sign Bale as City don't want him...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/27/mourinho-manchester-city-united-gareth-bale-guardiola

And the obligatory 'Bale has told RM teammates that he wants to play for United' article, courtesy of Miguel Delaney at the Independent...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/gareth-bale-manchester-united-transfer-news-goal-video-watch-overhead-kick-latest-offer-wages-a8371531.html

So, we have Bale and Zidane's comments, and fúck all else.

Hococop wrote: »

All the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hamsik is tempted by an offer to leave Napoli.........and go to China.

Has he never been to Wings?

I think our biggest stumbling block will be Real Madrid acting the wánker with us again. They wanted 80 million for Morata off of us so they’ll want 100 million for Bale at least.

With regard to sales I think we could be confident to get over 60 for Martial and if you add in 10 million for Darmian, 10 million for Blind, 25 million for Jones, and probably about 20 million for Mata i think that would be the only way we spend over 200 million on players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, the thing is here...how does Pogba fit into all of this.

I think there's a chance, albeit a small one, we'd move Pogba on if a massive offer came in for him. If, for instance, Real were after him, it would reduce the cost massively of Bale.

I also find those reports about us bidding 100m for Savic interesting. I don't believe we'd do that at all unless Pogba was on the way out tbh. Not saying I believe the stories, mind....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, the thing is here...how does Pogba fit into all of this.

I think there's a chance, albeit a small one, we'd move Pogba on if a massive offer came in for him. If, for instance, Real were after him, it would reduce the cost massively of Bale.

I also find those reports about us bidding 100m for Savic interesting. I don't believe we'd do that at all unless Pogba was on the way out tbh. Not saying I believe the stories, mind....

I’m just ignoring the Pogba issue as unless PSG come in with silly money I don’t think United will want to sell. PSG could go for him but I’d say that’d only happen if Neymar and Mbappe are moved on as FFP seems to be an issue.

Don’t think Real Madrid would even want him.

Hmmm...
    Lukaku
    Ronaldo - Sanchez - Bale
    Matic - Savic
    Sandro - Alderweild - Bailly - Sibde
    De Gea

Backup team
    Mandzukic
    Rashford - Lingard - Perriera
    Fred - Herrera
    Young - Rojo - Jones - Valencia
    Joe Hart

Joe Hart.... ha ha ha ha.

I’m just ignoring the Pogba issue as unless PSG come in with silly money I don’t think United will want to sell. PSG could go for him but I’d say that’d only happen if Neymar and Mbappe are moved on as FFP seems to be an issue.

Don’t think Real Madrid would even want him.

The word out of France is that PSG would be more willing to let mBappe leave rather than Neymar to sort out FFP compliance. I've a feeling that their insistence that Neymar stays is more a case of showing him who's boss.
    We could see a ripple effect caused by one massive transfer.

• Are people really convinced Pogba is leaving?
    Where is it coming from anyway.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Are people really convinced Pogba is leaving?
    Where is it coming from anyway.

Pogba stays and is allowed to play with the freedom he needs to cause havoc for other teams rather than being shoehorned into a defensive role that stifles him is the ideal scenario along with functioning attacking width and fullbacks who can supplement that width.

The word out of France is that PSG would be more willing to let mBappe leave rather than Neymar to sort out FFP compliance. I've a feeling that their insistence that Neymar stays is more a case of showing him who's boss.
    We could see a ripple effect caused by one massive transfer.

I could actually see Ronaldo and Neymar swapping clubs. If Ronaldo wants to leave then not many places that can afford him or would want to afford him so PSG would be the only place I can see him going. Neymar could of course go in the opposite direction to give all parties what they want without losing too much face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I could actually see Ronaldo and Neymar swapping clubs. If Ronaldo wants to leave then not many places that can afford him or would want to afford him so PSG would be the only place I can see him going. Neymar could of course go in the opposite direction to give all parties what they want without losing too much face.

But..... Neymar has said that he wants to work with Pep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pogba stays and is allowed to play with the freedom he needs to cause havoc for other teams rather than being shoehorned into a defensive role that stifles him is the ideal scenario along with functioning attacking width and fullbacks who can supplement that width.

As I recall United set up with 3 midfielders and allowed Pogba that freedom plenty of times and he was still rubbish.

Regardless of that, your post is basically saying that if Pogba is allowed to do what he wants and if everything else is going perfectly, then he will start playing and that would be ideal?

Because if thats what he needs then **** him.

Why does Pogba need freedom to cause Havoc is he not capable of doing a half decent job defensively and still do his thing in an attacking sense, what exactly does he need to do it no defensive duties at all?

I'm not having a go at you, it just he seems to have excuse lined up for him left right and centre. Very few players these days are given a free ride on defensive duties and none of them play in Midfield

If we get Fred or even Savic to play beside Matic then Pogba will play behind Lukaku. If he can’t be any use there then he’ll be warming the bench.

Actually forgot to add Luke Shaw into the sales bracket. We might get about 20 million for him too. If we sell all the players we think will go then we could afford all these linked players but it’s fantasy stuff.

If we get Fred or even Savic to play beside Matic then Pogba will play behind Lukaku. If he can’t be any use there then he’ll be warming the bench.

Actually forgot to add Luke Shaw into the sales bracket. We might get about 20 million for him too. If we sell all the players we think will go then we could afford all these linked players but it’s fantasy stuff.

Shaw and one of jones/smalling out and Alderwield and Sandro in should leave us with a decent chunk still to spend we should recoup a decent bit given we'd be selling english internationals to english clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Bale would be great but I can't see us not over paying for the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pogba is just a nuisance at this point. Forcing us to go 4-3-3 for no real improvement in his performance and a negative impact on Martial/Lingard

Shaw and one of jones/smalling out and Alderwield and Sandro in should leave us with a decent chunk still to spend we should recoup a decent bit given we'd be selling english internationals to english clubs

Yeah that’s what I’d be thinking. I think we under estimate how much Phil Jones could be sold for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Pogba is in last-chance saloon territory; if he delivers his usual toxic stuff between August and Christmas, he should be moved through the fair.

No way should Phil Jones or Smalling be sold. We need at least four top-class centre halves; they can be the backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Does Ronaldo want to retake La Liga or rescue Jose and United crazy Summer window could see him and one of Messi or Neymar on opposing sides in Manchester.

Bale would be a better bet but keeping him fit would be difficult if we build play through him very big risk but a forward with 20 goals from 40 games in all competitions would be a serious addition to the squad if he could repeat such a feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hamsik is tempted by an offer to leave Napoli.........and go to China.

Has he never been to Wings?

He used to always be my first signing in Football manager.. don’t play it anymore though but if I did he’d still be my first signing, unreal player, surprised he hasn’t had more interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hamsik has been average for.Napoli this last while and the Napoli fans don't seem to be too worried about him leaving. Says a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Does Ronaldo want to retake La Liga or rescue Jose and United crazy Summer window could see him and one of Messi or Neymar on opposing sides in Manchester.

Bale would be a better bet but keeping him fit would be difficult if we build play through him very big risk but a forward with 20 goals from 40 games in all competitions would be a serious addition to the squad if he could repeat such a feat.

i cant begin to explain how erect this would make me :D:D just for the league would be so much fun etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

See you next year....when you play United in the champions league?

Hope Ronaldo emphatically says he is staying as it makes Bales decision to leave easier. You’d then hope we are top of the list of clubs going for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ronaldo doesn't need to say he is staying it's already been cleared up countless times in past 12 months.

Jose- Ronaldo is unbuyable

Ramon calderon- Ronaldo is unsellable

Perez- Ronaldo is unsellable

Mendez- Ronaldo is happy in Madrid

Ronaldo- I will play here for many years yet

Jayo26- I'd eat my hat If we signed Ronaldo!!!

Futureguy- we are not signing Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

[The Guardian] Manchester United are interested in Gareth Bale and are ready to submit an offer for him. Bale’s injury record is not of concern to Mourinho or United’s medical department. His representatives are set to have talks with the Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sure didn’t Mourinho say he would try very hard to sign him last summer if he was available, I’m sure he hasn’t changed his mind.. god I’d love a fit Bale at United..

Bale is a difference maker that would improve us greatly but I would die inside if we don’t sort out the full back positions this Summer.

Bale is a difference maker that would improve us greatly but I would die inside if we don’t sort out the full back positions this Summer.

Ah sure didn't Bale play as a full back once upon a time. :)

We will 100% sign one new full back. I reckon it's a solid 80% we sign two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Ah sure didn't Bale play as a full back once upon a time. :)

Yeah didn’t Harry say that’s where he seen Bale’s future after he ripped Inter and Maicon apart in Champions League!
    What a spoofer!

• Advertisement

The mornings Star claim Madrid want £200 million for Bale.

The mornings Star claim Madrid want £200 million for Bale.

Of course they do. Bale is going to have to force this one to get out of there for a reasonable fee. Although what’s reasonable these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

On the basis of £89m for Pogba, circa £890m would be about right for Bale.

My guess is that it’s a £100m deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Of course they do. Bale is going to have to force this one to get out of there for a reasonable fee. Although what’s reasonable these days.
    Signing a mega salary 6 year contract 2 years ago isn't going to help matters either.

Can't see United but getting screwed over in a deal.

1 billion buy out clause innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

On the basis of £89m for Pogba, circa £890m would be about right for Bale.

My guess is that it’s a £100m deal.

Ah give it a rest man. Pogba has probably already achieved more in his career than anyone at United bar Mata. Even that is debatable. Hardly like he is solely to blame for the current situation at the club and probably contributed more to the last couple of trophies than anyone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement