Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Madrid can't hold clubs to ransom on Bale either. They tried to get rid of him last year but Bale held tough and they've decided to stop starting him this year to force him out.

This weakens their hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Madrid can't hold clubs to ransom on Bale either. They tried to get rid of him last year but Bale held tough and they've decided to stop starting him this year to force him out.

This weakens their hand.

We should try get him on one of those James Rodriguez loan deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This weakens their hand.

Madrid will struggle to out manouvre agent Woodward... ‘Tis in the bag...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

A fit Bale at united playing on that right side for us is an absolute dream, it would be phenomanal for us, an actual threat coming that side.
    I was delighted for him last night, he's world class and seems to have been forgotten about by people either through injury or lack of game time.

Lukaku, Sanchez and Bale is mad, having Matic, Fred and a more advancing Pogba is just tits up crazy.
    Bring Mensah back for RB cover and bleed him in, LB in Sandro if Shaw is not up to it, add Alderweireld beside Bailly and that'd be some bloody team.

Of course dream team stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ronaldo doesn't need to say he is staying it's already been cleared up countless times in past 12 months.

Jose- Ronaldo is unbuyable

Ramon calderon- Ronaldo is unsellable

Perez- Ronaldo is unsellable

Mendez- Ronaldo is happy in Madrid

Ronaldo- I will play here for many years yet

Jayo26- I'd eat my hat If we signed Ronaldo!!!

Futureguy- we are not signing Ronaldo

The kew tour - choo choo

Brinty - post lady gifs

M!Ck - post picture of Stan’s dad...

AstraDave - rubs his hands in glee

Jayop - says I luv bewbs...

Bangkok declares it a terrible signing

Yermandan thanks everyone’s posts

Zerks reports everything three days later.... .

FYP old friend...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    Lukaku
    Ronaldo - Sanchez - Bale
    Matic - Savic
    Sandro - Alderweild - Bailly - Sibde
    De Gea

Backup team
    Mandzukic
    Rashford - Lingard - Perriera
    Fred - Herrera
    Young - Rojo - Jones - Valencia
    Joe Hart

Only nine signings
    You’ve zerked it mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Grand so where signing bale! Can sleep sound tonight!

Grand so where signing bale! Can sleep sound tonight!

Gaitan anf sneijder first man

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Gaitan anf sneijder first man

I'm still waiting on Ronaldinho to arrive from PSG......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Haven't seen much people mention Pereira, hopefully he's going to stay put this season and fight for a place. Gives us another option in midfield

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Haven't seen much people mention Pereira, hopefully he's going to stay put this season and fight for a place. Gives us another option in midfield

Forgot I seen it mentioned he had returned to the club!!

Very curious to see how things pan out for him and if he gets a chance/wants to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ireland play France Monday night Griezmann can't be ignored.

Very curious to see how things pan out for him and if he gets a chance/wants to stay.

Ive kept zero tabs on him to be fair, how was his loan spell? Did he do enough to work his way back into the team, not straight into a starting 11 of course but can he be considerd from the bench?

Just seen the admin post in the main soccer forum...

**** me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Think its pretty much down to him. Mourinho stated last year he wanted him to stay but that Pereira chose to go out on loan

Ireland play France Monday night Griezmann can't be ignored.

Looking forward to see what this french team can do at the WC.

Edit: all eyes on pogba obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

**** me.

Wonder how long it'll be up.

Wonder how long it'll be up.

Long enough for certain people to feel delighted with themselves anyway.

**** me.

Tbf to mac, all he did was questioned a post. Got absolutely slated over it, and a hell of a load of reaction posts which in the heat of the night id say it would be irregular of posters that did it to him. He had an opinion but being a mod i guess you cant go into a cl final thread and post it.

I got carded for calling ramos a name, literally agreeing with the liverpool lads but cause i came out and said it was brandished. To be fair to the mods the brandished the cards to other people that used the same word. Fair enough no problem, but the ****e that was thrown at mac and two other well known man utd posters is absolute bannable.

Anyway, welcome back to us peasants mac

• Advertisement

Tbf to mac, all he did was questioned a post. Got absolutely slated over it, and a hell of a load of reaction posts which in the heat of the night id say it would be irregular of posters that did it to him. He had an opinion but being a mod i guess you cant go into a cl final thread and post it.

I got carded for calling ramos a name, literally agreeing with the liverpool lads but cause i came out and said it was brandished. To be fair to the mods the brandished the cards to other people that used the same word. Fair enough no problem, but the ****e that was thrown at mac and two other well known man utd posters is absolute bannable.

Anyway, welcome back to us peasants mac

I've already been carded few hours ago so very little I can say but they know themselves there letting certain groups of people all over this site away with whatever suits.

I've already been carded few hours ago so very little I can say but they know themselves there letting certain groups of people all over this site away with whatever suits.

Leave them off, the stuff posted against these guys though was insane. Let it ride out and it'll be a lessin learned for all.

Hoping a near full french squad is out monday night, they have to be near favourites. France, Spain, Belgium and Argentina are who'll be watching out for.

Leave them off, the stuff posted against these guys though was insane. Let it ride out and it'll be a lessin learned for all.

Hoping a near full french squad is out monday night, they have to be near favourites. France, Spain, Belgium and Argentina are who'll be watching out for.

Oh I know what the lesson is alright!

That feedback thread coming up next week is gonna be an absolute nightmare lol.

Funny how we can have different opinions, because you seem to be praising Shaw for this...

But to me, that whole incident is damning on Shaw, it is almost the exception that proves the rule. 3 years ago Shaw knuckled down, put in some hard work and very quickly started to reap the rewards. The manager didn't matter, the tactics didn't matter, he put in hard work and began to play well on the back of it.

He did the right thing, but in doing so showed us that he could do it. If he wanted to. So why hasn't he done it since?

To me Shaw is like that blowhard in every GAA club, the one that is all mouth and every so often makes a big burst of training with the aim of destroying all before him. It never lasts though, theres a big burst and then a few weeks later said blowhard is back on the beer, because putting in the graft year after year is actually difficult and he didn't want it enough.

Shaw could do it, we know that because we seen him do it once. But Shaw is back a long time from that broken leg and yet he is overweight and unfit. (Yes, he is, I'm not blind). Forget the manager, that **** is all on him and it reflects absolutely terrible on him and on his mentality. Where is the extra training now? Where is the personal trainer these days?

And he is not the only one in that squad, not the only one coasting along doing far less than he could. There are a few highly rated young players in that squad who have their fans and for whom its never their fault, but the reality is that they aren't worth a **** long term because whatever it is, they haven't got it.

As an aside, players like that just make me respect players like Ashley Young a little more. He was being phased out, was given an opportunity at left back and clearly he put in the effort to grab that chance with both hands, to the point where he had a career resurgence. He is no Maldini but damn sure I'd rather have a team of players with that mentality than a team of useless pricks who disappear for 80% of every game.

I had a hectic weekend with work, and although the thread has moved on past the point of being replaced by a new one, I just want to address this.

Those posts that people hit me with 'I'm not fúckin reading all that' comments, believe it or not I do actually edit the long posts down and try to shorten them as much as possible.

With that in mind, I had the following originally included as part of that post you quoted. I edited it out because it was already quite a long post, and felt that I was already making it clear that I was only using that period of Shaw's as an example of what I'd like to see more of.
    'If Shaw was so special, what about the last 2 seasons?' - Well, I think the leg break ruined him mentally with his motivation, at least temporarily. I think that after enduring the injury he did and then successfully going through the rehabilitation process, he expected the red carpet to be rolled out upon his return and that everything would be just like before his injury.

I reckon that the realisation of the mountain he climbed to overcome his injury, the physical and mental battle, that it only gave him the right to be considered for the first team took him some getting used to. That his return to general fitness was really only the start of the battle, and all of that Summer 2015 work was essentially wasted.

Fair play to him for getting back from that injury, and he has not had an easy road, but I think Shaw had a sense of entitlement that has held him back, and which Jose has been gradually trying to shake.
    I really do feel that he thought 'Ok lads, I can run and kick a ball again, LB next game yeah?' which is fair enough to hope for, but when that didn't happen he just didn't have enough left in the tank mentally to fight for his place.

Nope, that doesn't go against the argument that he could be of weak character overall, in fact it supports it, but I wasn't holding him up as a consistent example. Just that period in 2015 was the nearest example I could think of which shows the fight and desire from one of our players to improve yourself and force a positive change. The kind I'd like to see throughout our whole squad, which is what we were originally talking about and what the squad is lacking.

You asked why Shaw hasn't 'done it since', and he hasn't, but I don't think he's been exactly gack either. Thought he was alright to good when he appeared in the team before Christmas, and then towards the end of the season. And more relevant to our debate, even in the games when he didn't have the best physical/technical performance, I thought he was one of the most driven of our players in the team. One of the few who looked like he honestly gave a fúck.

Is he still overweight? I honestly didn't notice in the most recent games and generally stay out of those debates. If he is/was, well then there's no excuse for a pro-footballer in this day and age and he won't be a full back for us or any other team competing for top honours if that shít continues.

I had a hectic weekend with work, and although the thread has moved on past the point of being replaced by a new one, I just want to address this.

Those posts that people hit me with 'I'm not fúckin reading all that' comments, believe it or not I do actually edit the long posts down and try to shorten them as much as possible.

With that in mind, I had the following originally included as part of that post you quoted. I edited it out because it was already quite a long post, and felt that I was already making it clear that I was only using that period of Shaw's as an example of what I'd like to see more of.

I really do feel that he thought 'Ok lads, I can run and kick a ball again, LB next game yeah?' which is fair enough to hope for, but when that didn't happen he just didn't have enough left in the tank mentally to fight for his place.

Nope, that doesn't go against the argument that he could be of weak character overall, in fact it supports it, but I wasn't holding him up as a consistent example. Just that period in 2015 was the nearest example I could think of which shows the fight and desire from one of our players to improve yourself and force a positive change. The kind I'd like to see throughout our whole squad, which is what we were originally talking about and what the squad is lacking.

You asked why Shaw hasn't 'done it since', and he hasn't, but I don't think he's been exactly gack either. Thought he was alright to good when he appeared in the team before Christmas, and then towards the end of the season. And more relevant to our debate, even in the games when he didn't have the best physical/technical performance, I thought he was one of the most driven of our players in the team. One of the few who looked like he honestly gave a fúck.

Is he still overweight? I honestly didn't notice in the most recent games and generally stay out of those debates. If he is/was, well then there's no excuse for a pro-footballer in this day and age and he won't be a full back for us or any other team competing for top honours if that shít continues.

Fair play lads, after reading through, thats a top quality point and counter point. Found it insightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,639 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

**** me.

Charter is more flexible than I thought. For some its not mandatory I guess.

Makes up for the cl defeat anyway :)

All i can honestly say is thank god i stayed offline Saturday night and rarely stray from our teams thread. The level of BS that goes on once you leave the United thread is beyond toxic. Once more the Liverpool fans seem unable to take their lumps in defeat and whinged about something and us United fans seem to get bans/ cards etc..
    I don't know the ins and outs of what Mac said or did but from what i know of him seems to be a decent stand up kinda guy and was a good sensible mod. For mods to come in and hang Mac out to dry like that they are pretty reprehensible in themselves. Welcome back to being one of us Mac, your contributions here are always welcome mate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Disgusted by how that's all gone down tbh.

As a former mod, I'd have been apocalyptic to have such a lack of support shown to me. To be hung out to dry, to be literally thrown under the bus, by the admins after that then is utterly disgraceful. And to top it all off, they cowardly delay the feedback thread to so there's nowhere to vent/discuss the issue. And they'll be wondering why the thread is then derailed, rather than letting a thread be open somewhere to stop this bubbling up.

This weekend has been a disaster from a modding and now administration point of view.

And somewhere you know there's that handful of Pool supporters thrilled with themselves. The ones who've spent years trying to get a scalp and now they're handed one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!! MRMAC84 IS TO BE CHARGED WITH VIOLENT CONDUCT IN RELATION TO SERGIO RAMOS CHALLENGE ON MOHAMED SALAH IN CHAMPION LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

This weekend is a watershed moment for boards tbh.

Proof positive of the double standards in modding. Thank fcuk I don't really come on here anymore. Too toxic to really enjoy any sort of conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Disgusted by how that's all gone down tbh.

As a former mod, I'd have been apocalyptic to have such a lack of support shown to me. To be hung out to dry, to be literally thrown under the bus, by the admins after that then is utterly disgraceful. And to top it all off, they cowardly delay the feedback thread to so there's nowhere to vent/discuss the issue. And they'll be wondering why the thread is then derailed, rather than letting a thread be open somewhere to stop this bubbling up.

This weekend has been a disaster from a modding and now administration point of view.

And somewhere you know there's that handful of Pool supporters thrilled with themselves. The ones who've spent years trying to get a scalp and now they're handed one too.

I don't really know what's gone on till this point but it's worrying way to announce a demodding. A behind the scene conversation with Mac probably could have sorted things out in a much more agreeable way to all concerned.

jayo26 wrote:
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!! MRMAC84 IS TO BE CHARGED WITH VIOLENT CONDUCT IN RELATION TO SERGIO RAMOS CHALLENGE ON MOHAMED SALAH IN CHAMPION LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!!

I heard it was MrMac who RKO'd Salad before Ramos got his arm...

brinty wrote: »
    All i can honestly say is thank god i stayed offline Saturday night and rarely stray from our teams thread. The level of BS that goes on once you leave the United thread is beyond toxic. Once more the Liverpool fans seem unable to take their lumps in defeat and whinged about something and us United fans seem to get bans/ cards etc..
    I don't know the ins and outs of what Mac said or did but from what i know of him seems to be a decent stand up kinda guy and was a good sensible mod. For mods to come in and hang Mac out to dry like that they are pretty reprehensible in themselves. Welcome back to being one of us Mac, your contributions here are always welcome mate.

I was on here more or less whole time threw match and good bit of the night what went on was crazy.

Some of the crap we have taken as united fans in here and around this forum threw out last season and ones before yet in most cases I believe the majority of us take it fairly well in the case we try and respond in a way that makes it about the football not a personal attack on anyone else.

Where no angels ffs but the level which there fans are allowed get down to on here at times you can't say things are evenly policed at all.

I don't support the way things where dealt with I've no idea what went on behind scenes or how people personally feel about it but its clear one guy was singled out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

I was on here more or less whole time threw match and good bit of the night what went on was crazy.

Some of the crap we have taken as united fans in here and around this forum threw out last season and ones before yet in most cases I believe the majority of us take it fairly well in the case we try and respond in a way that makes it about the football not a personal attack on anyone else.

Where no angels ffs but the level which there fans are allowed get down to on here at times you can't say things are evenly policed at all.

I don't support the way things where dealt with I've no idea what went on behind scenes or how people personally feel about it but its clear one guy was singled out here.

A lot of good posters gone over the last year. I know it happens regularly that people leave but a few have closed accounts etc which is ****e to see and all because of moderation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

pjohnson wrote: »
    Charter is more flexible than I thought. For some its not mandatory I guess.

Makes up for the cl defeat anyway :)

Yep, they can get their money's-worth out of that open top bus after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He was singled out for saying they had nasty characters in their fan base after spending the previous 16 hours or so been called a wanker and scumbag and low life and I think it was even him or maybe was Mick to be told to sign the register and called a nonse?

Before mrmac even engaged In their forum the other night they were already off calling Ramos and others sumbags

Imagine where else on the internet would that be accepted on a serious site it's bulsh1t of the highest order.

Its pretty obvious he was used as the excuse for their behaviour another blame someone else moment to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,639 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

**** this ****! I’m out, I’m going back to being a lurker, why would I waste my time and effort to discuss on this place anymore when ya are practically walking on eggshells, it was bad enough before but now it’s going to be downright one sided mayhem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Cowardly sacks of ****e.

Adults supposedly old enough to post have no responsibility for thier own actions. Pathetic from the other mods to go along with the scapegoating.

Great work further polarizing the forum and leaving the hypocrisy and double standards applied on full display.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

duffman13 wrote: »
    A lot of good posters gone over the last year. I know it happens regularly that people leave but a few have closed accounts etc which is ****e to see and all because of moderation

They have lost control of this website long ago. You could go as far as saying they know what's going on all over the site and what people are saying not just on here but on other sites but do they care? Lol course not.

They know the vast majority of people won't leave cause there's no where else for Irish people to talk online really where things are on such a local level.

If there was the place be finished dead and buried long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Every paper, from the ones on the counters at Centra to the ones hanging by the wall in the Penney's toilets, seem to be running with the idea we are going for Joe Hart.

Madness. Could you imagine? I know he would be our back-up, which based on talent is grand I suppose, but I just can't see the man in a United jersey. Even the idea of it feels wrong.

Maybe a couple of years back when the extra exposure with the Head and Shoulders ads could have come in useful, but right now I can't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Upside lads, ye are apparently getting a list of acceptable terms to call what you perceive as trolls and wind ups now....

If gobobbles isn't on that list I'm walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

**** me.

It's ****ing bull**** to do it publicly like it was, a PM would've done the job just as well..

So i can call someone a sex offender a **** an idiot and god knows what else but i cant ask a question on the liverpool thread as an opposition fan after they lose, glad its all cleared up anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

astradave wrote: »
    **** this ****! I’m out, I’m going back to being a lurker, why would I waste my time and effort to discuss on this place anymore when ya are practically walking on eggshells, it was bad enough before but now it’s going to be downright one sided mayhem

Think I'm gonna follow and take a hiatus.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's ****ing bull**** to do it publicly like it was, a PM would've done the job just as well..

If we where on a site that they actually cared about all there members equally I'd say best we could do is boycott the forums but sure that be doing them a favour! Things are biased enough already they could just go ahead and rename the soccer forum to the Liverpool supporters forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bailey comes across as a great guy. Just saw his post on Instagram to Karius after the match.

https://i.redd.it/ocpcg8bm4h011.jpg

Will he be starting for United the next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So i can call someone a sex offender a **** an idiot and god knows what else but i cant ask a question on the liverpool thread as an opposition fan after they lose, glad its all cleared up anyways

There is a mod here who is open about his dislike for Mourinho and regularly comes in at emotive times for United fans to give his opinion, usually why he thinks Mourinho is finished at the top level.

I normally enjoyed debating with him, but I best not engage anymore because it turns out that he is breaking the charter and causing difficulty for me as a poster. Who knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bailey comes across as a great guy. Just saw his post on Instagram to Karius after the match.

https://i.redd.it/ocpcg8bm4h011.jpg

Will he be starting for United the next year?

I think that there's a big problem with him and Mourinho. Something went on around the time of the City game and he hasn't played much since despite not really being injured.

There is a mod here who is open about his dislike for Mourinho and regularly comes in at emotive times for United fans to give his opinion, usually why he thinks Mourinho is finished at the top level.

I normally enjoyed debating with him, but I best not engage anymore because it turns out that he is breaking the charter and causing difficulty for me as a poster. Who knew.

You need to learn to be a better snowflake and let things like that effect you more emotionally, this is no place for reasonable debate or discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think that there's a big problem with him and Mourinho. Something went on around the time of the City game and he hasn't played much since despite not really being injured.

I head Jose saying he wasn't going to play him because Ivory Coast wasn't going to the World Cup whereas Smalling and Jones were still fighting for their place with England.

That's madness. Bailey is brilliant (although he's been unlucky with injuries) and I'd love him beside VVD at Liverpool.

Edit: what's going on in here? Just saw the last two pages?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement