Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So i can call someone a sex offender a **** an idiot and god knows what else but i cant ask a question on the liverpool thread as an opposition fan after they lose, glad its all cleared up anyways

In case anybody didn't know the charter, this post only received a yellow card.
    Did you **** yourself off rewatching the Madrid goals?

You are prob the biggest dickhead on this forum, a complete and utter spacker. If there was a dickheads World Cup I'd be confident you could bring the trophy back to Ireland. And you are fúcking thick to boot, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off.

You should be on a register
    It has now been removed, but I was curious what action would be taken regarding it and it was only a yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

For all of those walking away from the thread fear not. I will step up to the plate and keep the traffic coming.

I can dedicate different days to the crucial news and information.

Memphis Mondays- I will generally copy and paste the majority of my old posts highlighting his good season and why I like him. Then covering myself saying we will wait another year before we may pursue the buy-back.

Team Captain Tuesdays- An opinion piece post about the mighty Phil Jones and why he's the captain in my eyes.

Weird Faces Wednesdays- A different weird face pose by the mighty Phil Jones each Wednesday

Jeudi Jones- A mighty Phils Jones French related post. Be it a mightily photoshopped beret, snazzy moustache combo, or just a phrase in French. Something for all the family.

Fred Fridays- Each Friday I will ask about potential signing Fred. Who is he? What makes him tick? What is his favourite yogurt.

Sunrise Saturdays- Saturdays will work as a break for us. With everyone just posting a picture of the sunrise in their locations. Sunsets will not be accepted.

Depay Dimanche- Another French related post this time with everyones favourite Memphis Depay. Did I mention he had a good season this year?

Yeah, don't worry guys, we're going to be just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I head Jose saying he wasn't going to play him because Ivory Coast wasn't going to the World Cup whereas Smalling and Jones were still fighting for their place with England.

That's madness. Bailey is brilliant (although he's been unlucky with injuries) and I'd love him beside VVD at Liverpool.

Edit: what's going on in here? Just saw the last two pages?

There is also a story that he wouldn't play in a game because.he didn't feel up to it but next day he wanted to take part in full training and Jose took exception to this.

I'm sure it will be sorted over summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

After what's happened the last few hours #AndJusticeForMrMac84

You'd be nuts to ever be a moderator for the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    **** this ****! I’m out, I’m going back to being a lurker, why would I waste my time and effort to discuss on this place anymore when ya are practically walking on eggshells, it was bad enough before but now it’s going to be downright one sided mayhem

Been like that for a while now. There's a cohort that literally get away with murder. When you see banning offences just get warnings then you know double standards are in place.
    I took part in the debate on the Repeal referendum and anyone who called names etc was immediately banned. Had the same standard been applied in the soccer forum over the last 48 hours or so, there would have been a serious thinning of the herd.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    For all of those walking away from the thread fear not. I will step up to the plate and keep the traffic coming.

I can dedicate different days to the crucial news and information.

Memphis Mondays- I will generally copy and paste the majority of my old posts highlighting his good season and why I like him. Then covering myself saying we will wait another year before we may pursue the buy-back.

Team Captain Tuesdays- An opinion piece post about the mighty Phil Jones and why he's the captain in my eyes.

Weird Faces Wednesdays- A different weird face pose by the mighty Phil Jones each Wednesday

Jeudi Jones- A mighty Phils Jones French related post. Be it a mightily photoshopped beret, snazzy moustache combo, or just a phrase in French. Something for all the family.

Fred Fridays- Each Friday I will ask about potential signing Fred. Who is he? What makes him thick? What is his favourite yogurt.

Sunrise Saturdays- Saturdays will work as a break for us. With everyone just posting a picture of the sunrise in their locations. Sunsets will not be accepted.

Depay Dimanche- Another French related post this time with everyones favourite Memphis Depay. Did I mention he had a good season this year?

Yeah, don't worry guys, we're going to be just fine.

dfd4e58ebe6504393463735fabf8f0d3af2142eb3a4e38c4a9b80681606eeed3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Sad seeing the hypocritical, self-righteous attitude from snowflakes who were well able to dish out the banter when it suited them, but can't take any themselves.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Oh so calling the manager a "serial loser" is coming in peace? Genuine question my hole. You and that sad post thanking fcuk Mick are two of the worst cûnts in this forum

Just remember lads. These posts received the same punishment. Don’t waste your time with words like snowflake. In for a penny and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    After what's happened the last few hours #AndJusticeForMrMac84

You'd be nuts to ever be a moderator for the soccer forum.

Think thats why TSC rejoined the ranks of the normal folk, and welcome back he has been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I head Jose saying he wasn't going to play him because Ivory Coast wasn't going to the World Cup whereas Smalling and Jones were still fighting for their place with England.

That's madness. Bailey is brilliant (although he's been unlucky with injuries) and I'd love him beside VVD at Liverpool.

Edit: what's going on in here? Just saw the last two pages?

Yeah, the situation is weird. I don't buy the Ivory Coast thing and I don't buy the returning to fitness stuff either. He played him against City after a decent amount of time injured. That is where it turned imo. Our cebteal defence was rinsed first half. He has been objectively better than Smalling and Jones even though he has had to come in from the cold because of inuries. Be disappointed if it doesn't get resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It has now been removed, but I was curious what action would be taken regarding it and it was only a yellow card.

After all the **** that was flung around in there I don't think any one received any more then a warning. The fact up until late last night they where still playing victims and throwing digs at us yet there was never a mod post in there forum to address the carry on. We where warned and told not to discuss the subject though.

Jesus christ all you can do is laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jayo26 wrote: »
    There is also a story that he wouldn't play in a game because.he didn't feel up to it but next day he wanted to take part in full training and Jose took exception to this.

I'm sure it will be sorted over summer.

Feel up to it? Just not bothered or was feeling unwell? Is he a bit like Sakho was with us where he was a bit of a Messer and Klopp didn't feel he was giving 100% and distracting other players?

That's common practice over.

They put up a meme of a disabled kid a while back to compare it to one of their players it was removed shortly afterwards and never acted on It's almost as if the mods are warning them to delete posts but we know that wouldn't happen.

In the past 12 hours they have again called Ramos names and wished he breaks his neck in the world cup imagine that like.

brinty wrote: »
    Think thats why TSC rejoined the ranks of the normal folk, and welcome back he has been

He's still a mod though, and in a place that's like Tahiti compared to the soccer forum.

He'll understand the Tahiti reference.

Yeah, the situation is weird. I don't buy the Ivory Coast thing and I don't buy the returning to fitness stuff either. He played him against City after a decent amount of time injured. That is where it turned imo. Our cebteal defence was rinsed first half. He has been objectively better than Smalling and Jones even though he has had to come in from the cold because of inuries. Be disappointed if it doesn't get resolved.

Looking over the fence he definitely seems your best CB. Makes the odd mistake (very few) but he's extremely solid and his tackling is some of the best in the league.

He's still a mod though, and in a place that's like Tahiti compared to the soccer forum.

Meant as a soccer mod...
    isn't he still the main mod for the WWF stuff... :rolleyes:

Feel up to it? Just not bothered or was feeling unwell? Is he a bit like Sakho was with us where he was a bit of a Messer and Klopp didn't feel he was giving 100% and distracting other players?

It's all speculation from us, but I don't think he is a messer or someone not giving 100%. We haven't really heard anything to point to that.

What appears to have happened was José wanted to play him, he turned around and said he wasn't fit enough to play, maybe looking out for himself and own recovery, but was fit enough to train. José it would seem wasn't overly impressed with this.

I think José is the sort of manager who wants his players to follow his commands, it may explain why he likes Phil Jones so much, could make him play with one leg. He then turned to the other players like Jones and Smalling to start, used the excuse of the World Cup, but it's hard to know really. He may have just grew to prefer them.

It will be interesting where they go from here. We could all be blowing it out of proportion too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Bailey is brilliant

Bailly is interesting in that he is another very popular player who doesn't actually have the body of evidence to support that popularity.

"Get a reputation as an early riser and you can sleep till noon". He is like Martial in a way, a relatively good start to his United career means that he is assumed to be brilliant and one of our best defenders, when in fact he has been injury prone and has also had as many shaky games as Jones or Smalling have.

I can't remember which one but he played a game near the end of the season, and in the first 20 minutes there was an incident where he completely and utterly lost his man who ended up with a free header right in the middle of the box. The keeper bailed him out that time, but what struck me was that I heard absolutely no mention of it afterwards, it passed totally unremarked. Had that been Jones or Smalling it would have been yet another example of how unreliable they are.

I like Bailly, I'd like him to stay, to play regularly and to improve even further. I just find it notable that he is assumed to be first choice and I'm not sure he has earned it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

XS5LK.gif
    Meant as a soccer mod...
    isn't he still the main mod for the WWF stuff... :rolleyes:

d687191155b500ba643104434e0a7add697e5594_hq.gif

If wrestling wasn't so stupid I'd follow it :):):)

Bailly is interesting in that he is another very popular player who doesn't actually have the body of evidence to support that popularity.

"Get a reputation as an early riser and you can sleep till noon". He is like Martial in a way, a relatively good start to his United career means that he is assumed to be brilliant and one of our best defenders, when in fact he has been injury prone and has also had as many shaky games as Jones or Smalling have.

I can't remember which one but he played a game near the end of the season, and in the first 20 minutes there was an incident where he completely and utterly lost his man who ended up with a free header right in the middle of the box. The keeper bailed him out that time, but what struck me was that I heard absolutely no mention of it afterwards, it passed totally unremarked. Had that been Jones or Smalling it would have been yet another example of how unreliable they are.

I like Bailly, I'd like him to stay, to play regularly and to improve even further. I just find it notable that he is assumed to be first choice and I'm not sure he has earned it.

Obviously I don't watch as many United games as you lads but the vast majority I have watched he's been your best defender.

I think his biggest problem so far has been picking up injuries just as he's getting a run of games together and building some consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think it's hard to have a fully formed opinion on him because of the injuries. He never seems to get a run together so it's natural that people forgive him some errors as its a generally accepted idea that it is tough to return from injury at full pelt. He has better attributes than Smalling and Jones and has had more standout moments in his time here. He also uses the ball better, which is huge for me.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    XS5LK.gif

d687191155b500ba643104434e0a7add697e5594_hq.gif

Why are there no laughing buttons... they'd be so much fun...

Oh TSC just to make ye jealous I spent an afternoon in Ms Quinn's company and she's the loveliest girl you could ever wish to meet. So down to earth and up for a laugh.

If wrestling wasn't so stupid I'd follow it :):):)

You're missing out on the lovely girls contest...

They'd wrap ye up like a pretzel but you'd enjoy it ;)

You're missing out on the lovely girls contest...

They'd wrap ye up like a pretzel but you'd enjoy it ;)

Ok I'm in :)

Obviously I don't watch the as many United games as you lads but the vast majority I have watched he's been your best defender.

I think his biggest problem so far has been picking up injuries just as he's getting a run of games together and building some consistency.

My biggest complaint of his would be he's very wreckless and to eager to throw himself into tackles.

Ya its great to see heart and effort but all that be out the window once he starts getting sent off or giving away goals penos etc.

My biggest complaint of his would be he's very wreckless and to eager to throw himself into tackles.

Ya its great to see heart and effort but all that be out the window once he starts getting sent off or giving away goals penos etc.

I don't think its that bad? Could you count anymore then one or two occasions since he joined where you could say he cost us the game? But I could count alot more where you would say that was a fantastic challenge that saved us points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M E N saying that United are still "making discreet inquiries about a backup striker for Lukaku".

Ok I'm in :)

:rolleyes:

That's my boy...

I don't think its that bad? Could you count anymore then one or two occasions since he joined where you could say he cost us the game? But I could count alot more where you would say that was a fantastic challenge that saved us points.

He hasn't outright cost us many games as such it's a more a case that you cringe sometimes looking at him fling himself into a player right outside the box.

Brilliant if it comes off clean but it doesn't lot the time.
    I'd still rate him and think over time if he's playing week in week out he will be our best defender.

• Advertisement

Something else I noticed on the bale rumours was that it was said here last night Madrid wanted 200 million for Bale.

It looks like this came from the way the press report Manchester United transfers... it's seemingly united want to put together a 200 million deal for him so that includes transfer fee and wages and agent eyeball rolled into one so of it was another club singing him it would be a 100 million deal.

His timing on tackles is usually very good. I think he just looks more reckless than he actually is.

He hasn't outright cost us many games as such it's a more a case that you cringe sometimes looking at him fling himself into a player right outside the box.

Brilliant if it comes off clean but it doesn't lot the time.
    I'd still rate him and think over time if he's playing week in week out he will be our best defender.

That was pretty much my point tho it more often then not does come off your left wondering how the fook did he make that challenge.

I'm going to get my heart broken again but would be brilliant to sign Bale. Pity we didn't get him 5 years ago from Spurs but I would still jump at the chance of signing him.

Hopefully aul Giggsy has a few words to sway him!

Why are there no laughing buttons... they'd be so much fun...

Oh TSC just to make ye jealous I spent an afternoon in Ms Quinn's company and she's the loveliest girl you could ever wish to meet. So down to earth and up for a laugh.

I'm going to choose to believe you're lying or my jealousy will make me utterly hate you.....

His timing on tackles is usually very good. I think he just looks more reckless than he actually is.

There's something there ha I swear I've watched games he was playing and taught the guys mental lol.

• Advertisement

There's something there ha I swear I've watched games he was playing and taught the guys mental lol.

His legs are that long he can tackle you from last week :pac:

I'm going to choose to believe you're lying or my jealousy will make me utterly hate you.....

No honestly mate, 100% true. One of my best mates used to wrestle with her back in the day. Think he even had her first match with her.

• I think it's hard to have a fully formed opinion on him because of the injuries. He never seems to get a run together so it's natural that people forgive him some errors as its a generally accepted idea that it is tough to return from injury at full pelt. He has better attributes than Smalling and Jones and has had more standout moments in his time here. He also uses the ball better, which is huge for me.

I can't remember if he got a full pre season in last year.
    I thought at the start of the season he had a decent run without injury. Then it all went tits up around November.
    I want him to stay 100%

Something else I noticed on the bale rumours was that it was said here last night Madrid wanted 200 million for Bale.

It looks like this came from the way the press report Manchester United transfers... it's seemingly united want to put together a 200 million deal for him so that includes transfer fee and wages and agent eyeball rolled into one so of it was another club singing him it would be a 100 million deal.

Don't forget the medical fee, a translator, transportation fees, image rights etc that he's almost what 30...

Why do Liverpool fans keep banging on about their match defining our season?
    If United won the league, CL and FA Cup treble I’d still be pissing myself laughing at them losing a scaldy League cup final.

• Advertisement

Why do Liverpool fans keep banging on about their match defining our season?
    If United won the league, CL and FA Cup treble I’d still be pissing myself laughing at them losing a scaldy League cup final.

Laughing at them is over and done with now to be honest what's the point it's the carry on that's accepted thats is the defining point of how much we do tribute here in future.

Laughing at them is over and done with now to be honest what's the point it's the carry on that's accepted thats is the defining point of how much we do tribute here in future.

Just finding it all a bit odd. I’m glad they lost so I don’t have to listen to the fallout of them winning. Same for them if the shoe was on the other foot. It doesn’t make United’s season any better or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The team looked at it's best last season when Jones and Bailly were the CBs. If they could only last a season unscathed...

I remember I got pretty wound up at some of the goings on in this forum a few years back but just have the biggest shìt (that's a clue) on ignore and even when I see his posts quoted I ignore them now. Was only a matter of time before his off site shìte came back to cause more trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf dont cause offence to them. If they get upset they'll start calling us nonces again, which isn't actually against charter and its your fault if you get called a nonce.

Craig Norwaood, club photographer, has started following Fred on Instagram. Usually only does so when he's getting ready to snap their pictures :D

Craig Norwaood, club photographer, has started following Fred on Instagram. Usually only does so when he's getting ready to snap their pictures :D

Oh Craig you little tease ye.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yassssss

I remember he followed Lukaku around the same time Morata's bird started following/liking Man U stuff on insta. We all know how that ended :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ah I missed out on all the craic on here. Some reading done there this morning. So good. Must go in and check this farcial thread that keeps getting mentioned :D

For as much as I'll see us linked with Bale and Ronaldo now this summer, and as much as I'd love it to happen, can't see us getting either. IF we wanted Bale hopefully we were working on it ages ago, cause his price probably skyrocketed after that

God just so funny. Don't think Liverpool have had a good keeper in my lifetime like, when will they learn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

Id take that as a given

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement