Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tomorrow is the 50th Anniversary of one of the greatest stories in football. Don't forget it. It's why many of us support the Club we love.

And anyone walking into work with that extra spring this morning ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Something else I noticed on the bale rumours was that it was said here last night Madrid wanted 200 million for Bale.

It looks like this came from the way the press report Manchester United transfers... it's seemingly united want to put together a 200 million deal for him so that includes transfer fee and wages and agent eyeball rolled into one so of it was another club singing him it would be a 100 million deal.
    Another "one rule for United, another for everyone else"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Craig Norwaood, club photographer, has started following Fred on Instagram. Usually only does so when he's getting ready to snap their pictures :D

Just on this, Brazil are in the UK at the moment as they are playing in Anfield on Friday I think.. I’d say we will see it announced in the near day or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

paulbok wrote: »
    Another "one rule for United, another for everyone else"

His wages will be 1m a week probably.

Has Martial bonuses exceeded £1billion yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Just on this, Brazil are in the UK at the moment as they are playing in Anfield on Friday I think.. I’d say we will see it announced in the near day or 2

Fake news :) they are only on the plane to the UK haven't arrived yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Update on Fred since the Norwood stuff.

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1001029087698345984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Update on Fred since the Norwood stuff.

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1001029087698345984

Maybe i should post a welcome to manchester message to him on Instachatbook... or whatever it is you cool kids are using these days...

I'll just update my MySpace and Bebo over here... nothing to see... moving along now ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It tells you just how far out of the loop I have been with all the 8th amendment stuff. I thought we were targeting the striker Fred on the cheap.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It tells you just how far out of the loop I have been with all the 8th amendment stuff. I thought we were targeting the striker Fred on the cheap.

C'mon dude.... say the line.... you know you gotta...

We are going to have 2 Fred the Reds now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

brinty wrote: »
    C'mon dude.... say the line.... you know you gotta...

Retired. It was a good gag but it's time has long past. To be honest, I feel myself becoming more vocal on matters of team selection, tactics and overall performance. I wish to contribute to the thread in a manner that is not extremely two dimensional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Retired. It was a good gag but it's time has long past. To be honest, I feel myself becoming more vocal on matters of team selection, tactics and overall performance. I wish to contribute to the thread in a manner that is not extremely two dimensional.

Is that a request? Sounds like you are asking for Man Utd thread access :D

We will always have Jayo’s hats anyways

but but but but..,. who'll respond to the FG bat signal.....

Agh joking aside you're pretty insightful guy so i look forward to those posts

astradave wrote: »
    Is that a request? Sounds like you are asking for Man Utd thread access :D

We will always have Jayo’s hats anyways

And Kew running up patrick street in the nip....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

brinty wrote: »
    Maybe i should post a welcome to manchester message to him on Instachatbook... or whatever it is you cool kids are using these days...

I'll just update my MySpace and Bebo over here... nothing to see... moving along now ;)

Nothing United related but that reminded me of the last time I thought about Bebo.

Was in a crowded room, everyone working away on their laptops and computers. I was bored and didn't feel like doing any work so decided to just browse the internet. Then remembered Bebo and said I'd try log into my old account, see if it still worked. Facebook had truly taken over at this point.

Luckily I used same password and email, I know not the smartest, and got in. Just as I was scrolling through my loves a friend walked by and stopped. He looked down at my screen and blurted out "Are you on ****ing Bebo?"

There were a lot of grins and laughing while people glanced over at my direction. Ever since I have stayed clear of Bebo, or at least accessed it behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

If United don't unveil Fred by him dressing as Fred the Red I am done with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

One for Brinty ;)

Utd to enter a women's team in the Championship next year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44279069

Poor Mascot

#loveboth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

RobertKK wrote: »
    We need more goals and a fit Bale brings a lot of goals, and classy goals too.

Would they have signed Sanchez if they thought there was any chance of getting Bale? I don't think so personally.

• Advertisement

Would they have signed Sanchez if they thought there was any chance of getting Bale? I don't think so personally.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this view?

Sanchez, brilliant player, can play centrally but is predominately a LW.

Bale, brilliant player, can play centrally but is predominately a RW.

Why would signing Sanchez in January have any indication on whether or not we have a chance of signing Bale now? I don't see why us pouncing on the chance to get a brilliant player who plays on the LW implies that we think there is not chance of us getting a brilliant player on the RW during this window. I really don't understand this point of view. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As per the Fermanagh Herald (of all places)

Kieran McKenna has been named first team head coach under Jose Mourinho and will be tasked with organising and running first team training

http://fermanaghherald.com/2018/05/43847/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Kieran McKenna has been named first team head coach under Jose Mourinho and will be tasked with organising and running first team training

Thats tier 1 right there :pac:

Only 32 wow. Thought he was older. Looks young on photo three just thought he was older on assumption most are

Thats tier 1 right there :pac:

Well, I thought so too, but they're quoting his brother who you'd hope would be a credible source :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Well, I thought so too, but they're quoting his brother who you'd hope would be a credible source :o

Could be worse could be his ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My post which included the stuff about Bale deleted not by me...looking more likely Fred will be signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Missed a trick there

WoManchester United

Just preparation. Pretty sure himself and Bale were at spurs during the same time ;)

• Advertisement

C'mon, we're all likely to get banned from here on Wednesday once the feedback thread opens.
    For old time sake :cool:

Could be worse could be his ma!

Could be worser, it could be Jim McGuinness that's being appointed

Simon Stone says that Spurs actually have an option on Bale that they can match any offer accepted, but (obviously) won't be doing so, due to the unrealistic fee and wages that Bale will command.

Simon Stone says that Spurs actually have an option on Bale that they can match any offer accepted, but (obviously) won't be doing so, due to the unrealistic fee and wages that Bale will command.

I have an option to buy a new Ferrari if I want to but alas i cant afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    I have an option to buy a new Ferrari if I want to but alas i cant afford it

I find that hard to believe - don't Ferrari generally only sell their new cars to a select group of people - and if you can't afford it you are not gonna be in that group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

How does that even work, in any meaningful sense?

If Madrid accept an offer then Spurs have an option to match that offer? Well what was stopping them doing that anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How does that even work, in any meaningful sense?

If Madrid accept an offer then Spurs have an option to match that offer? Well what was stopping them doing that anyway?

Fcuk knows.

I suppose, one thing would be Real can't sell Bale without Spurs being made aware and being offered to make an offer.

I would assume his agent will be shopping him everywhere if he is being sold but at the same time I would guess clubs would like htings to be done quietly, so the less competition the better.

Spurs have to be informed of any accepted bid and be given time to match it. Kinda pointless but has some small amount of merit.

Oohh John Aldridge,what have you done?
    Slagging off the memory of the Manchester bomb victims.

https://twitter.com/ethantremblet/status/1001020623055917056/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What fee would Bale go for ?

I find that hard to believe - don't Ferrari generally only sell their new cars to a select group of people - and if you can't afford it you are not gonna be in that group.

You know what I mean haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Oohh John Aldridge,what have you done?
    Slagging off the memory of the Manchester bomb victims.

https://twitter.com/ethantremblet/status/1001020623055917056/photo/1

https://twitter.com/ethantremblet/status/1001020623055917056

Ah hardly. Was a throwaway comment without really looking at what he was doing. Probably has people giving him shìt all the time, easy slip up. Be looking for something to be offended by to go make anything of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

In the presser post match it was said that Spurs have a buy back clause at a set price should Real sell him.

(Clip was played on Newstalk yesterday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Liam O wrote: »
    Ah hardly. Was a throwaway comment without really looking at what he was doing. Probably has people giving him shìt all the time, easy slip up. Be looking for something to be offended by to go make anything of that
    Two things. One; he had to have known what that picture is for. And two; if you're a minor celebrity who relies on press gigs to pay the bills, don't say or do stupid ****. From Big Ron to Jamie Carragher, overly emotional types who can't keep their mouths and emotions in check tend to always fall into this trap.

Two things. One; he had to have known what that picture is for.

Why?

If I glanced at that picture on a profile I wouldn't have a clue what it was supposed to be, just looks like a bee or something, and clearly something to do with Oasis because of the words.

Not everybody knows every social media slacktivist meme out there.

• Advertisement

Why?

If I glanced at that picture on a profile I wouldn't have a clue what it was supposed to be, just looks like a bee or something, and clearly something to do with Oasis because of the words.

The worker bee was a symbol of Manchester long before social media and became even more powerful after the terror attack last year. He was being a numpty and that was it.
    Imagine one of our ex players laughing at JFT96.

The worker bee was a symbol of Manchester long before social media and became even more powerful after the terror attack last year. He was being a numpty and that was it.
    Imagine one of our ex players laughing at JFT96.

+1

He knew what he was at.

Pity cause I was big fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Why?

It's not a slactivist meme. My company has an office in Manchester and has it up in their foyer because a couple of their people were affected by the event. People directly affected by it seem to be using it as a symbol. I'd be highly surprised that he didn't know.

Irrespective of this anyway, and the main thrust of my argument, ex-pros need to learn how to ignore the **** on twitter if they want to be able to continue eking out a living in the press. Reacting like a child becauese @ScouseTommy called you a name is hugely idiotic at this stage. They have many hung, drawn and quartered examples to learn from.

The worker bee was a symbol of Manchester long before social media
    It's not a slactivist meme. My company has an office in Manchester and has it up in their foyer because a couple of their people were affected by the event. People directly affected by it seem to be using it as a symbol. I'd be highly surprised that he didn't know.

You guys know it, I'm sure lots of people know it. Maybe he knew what it represented as well.

But I didn't know it and had never even seen it before, so its hard for me to get worked up about somebody else who plausibly didn't know it either.

To be fair he has come out and apologised there last couple of hours. Least he admitted it. So fair play him. Heat of moment stuff we all done it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement