Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to login

Options
  • 27-05-2018 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I am unable to login to my eir account today. I have changed my password etc and tried everything else, however it will not display my account, only the password page of the login. I wish to pay my bill, as I am away and do not have my details which are on the paper bill at home. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

meg3178 wrote: »
    I am unable to login to my eir account today. I have changed my password etc and tried everything else, however it will not display my account, only the password page of the login. I wish to pay my bill, as I am away and do not have my details which are on the paper bill at home. 
    Hi meg3178 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

my account has being the same past 3 days. enter password and screen reloads and back to the enter password screen.
    it dose the same on chrome, firefox edge and also on mobiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

jos22 wrote: »
    my account has being the same past 3 days. enter password and screen reloads and back to the enter password screen.
    it dose the same on chrome, firefox edge and also on mobiles
    Hi jos22, 

We are currently carrying out updates on the my eir server so this may be causing you this issue. 

The update will be ongoing until Thursday morning. I'd recommend checking this after 9 am and if you are still experiencing issues, feel free to come back to me here and I'll look into it for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭tokenring

We are currently carrying out updates on the my eir server so this may be causing you this issue. 

The update will be ongoing until Thursday morning. I'd recommend checking this after 9 am and if you are still experiencing issues, feel free to come back to me here and I'll look into it for you.

Well it's Thursday morning and it's not fixed - when is the new estimated time for this?

See my post here - there are now multiple threads on this topic

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/107146408

The problem is over a week old, and it seems many people have wasted a lot of time individually reporting the problem when customers should have been told early on it is a known system issue and kept informed of the estimated fix time.

The fact that basic authentication seems to have been broken for many users for over a week doesn't say much about the robustness of the system or the ability/responsiveness of the IT staff to respond to any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭poff

It is Thursday night and all technicians are in bed. Actually, they probably had all week off this week but hopefully will be working tomorrow or next week, at least coming in for a good chat.
    I don't like my sarcasm but one has to vent the ongoing frustrations somehow. :mad::confused::(

Seriously, updates "may be causing this issue"? Ok, there might be a 5 min outage if eir lets inexperienced technicians play around. Proper technicians can update without creating problems, outages and customers noticing. You (Tracey) are talking as if there was only one server. For all non technicians here: that is crap. There are more than one server which can be taken offline one by one without customers noticing. They can be updated without customers noticing and put back online. There are (should be) technicians "on call" to deal with any problem day and night. At least in a company, which takes business seriously. But there shouldn't be any problems, problems should have been dealt with before anything is/was getting live. And Tracey, I do NOT blame you, I am sure, you are trying your best to help - and only passing on what you have been told.

If you guys and myself think, that we have a problem, start reading the endless amount of posts of the frustrated eir customers...

The management most likely does not know about all the frustrations here or, which would be worse, does not want to know. My advice: get rid of the management and employ some responsible people. Only then, we might see some positive changes.

Yours,

frustrated poff

• Advertisement

poff wrote: »
    It is Thursday night and all technicians are in bed. Actually, they probably had all week off this week but hopefully will be working tomorrow or next week, at least coming in for a good chat.
    I don't like my sarcasm but one has to vent the ongoing frustrations somehow. :mad::confused::(

Seriously, updates "may be causing this issue"? Ok, there might be a 5 min outage if eir lets inexperienced technicians play around. Proper technicians can update without creating problems, outages and customers noticing. You (Tracey) are talking as if there was only one server. For all non technicians here: that is crap. There are more than one server which can be taken offline one by one without customers noticing. They can be updated without customers noticing and put back online. There are (should be) technicians "on call" to deal with any problem day and night. At least in a company, which takes business seriously. But there shouldn't be any problems, problems should have been dealt with before anything is/was getting live. And Tracey, I do NOT blame you, I am sure, you are trying your best to help - and only passing on what you have been told.

If you guys and myself think, that we have a problem, start reading the endless amount of posts of the frustrated eir customers...

The management most likely does not know about all the frustrations here or, which would be worse, does not want to know. My advice: get rid of the management and employ some responsible people. Only then, we might see some positive changes.

Yours,

frustrated poff
    is it still not logging in for you too

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭poff

jos22,

I got my account deleted and I am able to log in. Check the other thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057877397 - you find the temporary solution there. By the way, I do not believe the "update story". I don't think, our problem has been or will be fixed. That means that account deletion is the only way to get it going again.

Sorry, my title on the other thread wasn't very self explanatory and therefore difficult to find.

Again, dear eir support staff, what I believe or not has nothing to do with you. I believe, that you are as much of a victim as we are of eir's policies. That is disappointing and sad. It is sad, that management does not seem to care about all the bad stories here, and the resulting bad reputation... Unfortunately, there isn't much choice. And the choices we have, might be worse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jos22 wrote:
    is it still not logging in for you too

Can't log in either, I had the 50gb over 6 months sim, now this perk is gone, am seriously thinking of trying another network seeing as I can't even login to top up. Some companies don't even want our business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Can't log in to pay bill. Your website hangs at "retrieving account" section because your "web developers" screwed up . Please fix this.

Regards...jmcc

It's a complete shambles. After two weeks Eir fixed the problem for me yesterday and I can login again. However no consistent or credible explanation for the problem has been given, and the problem may well re-occur.

I am waiting for a further response to some questions I have asked via PM and will give them a chance to reply. After that I'll do a more detailed post here.

• Advertisement

Any eir reps here today? Need to pm details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi august12,

If you PM your query I will assist you.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote:

I pm this morn, absolutely no feedback all day,

august12 wrote: »
    Originally posted by eir: Sarah

I pm this morn, absolutely no feedback all day,
    Still banjaxed. Used Twitter to query eircare and apparently they have people working on the problem. Seems to have been an upgrade to the my.eir.ie site that went a bit pearshaped.

Regards...jmcc

The problem has been around for a few weeks at this stage. If a bad upgrade was installed they should just be able to roll-back to the previous version, so none of Eir's explanations have been that credible (e.g. it's an "isolated incident").

In my case the issue was resolved after almost 2 weeks. I have two numbers - after the fix all bills are available for one number, and two bills are available for the other. At first no bills were available for the latter number, so maybe two bills were added manually.

I was told the problem was a lockout caused by an incorrect password entered too many times. Now in my case I did not enter an incorrect password multiple times as the password is cached in the browser, nothing changed from it working one day and not working the next, and a second profile with the same password continued to work normally. I asked Eir to provide the IP address of the originator of the incorrect attempts to see if it was my IP address, but they did not reply.

Now perhaps the incorrect password attempts are due to some form of attack. There are standard ways of mitigating this, which Eir do not appear to be doing. One is a temporary lockout (say for an hour). Another is to require an online re-authentication (using a security question for example) and if that fails to block the offending IP address. If Eir are just locking accounts due to failed logins and expecting people to call 1901 to fix the problem, then that's unacceptable. Also it seems they are not telling their customer support agents - none of the 5 agents that I was forced to explain the problem to ever suggested that a password lockout was to blame on hearing the problem. Also in the absence of an online re-auth procedure, it would appear to be trivially easy to lock someone out, simply by entering their public email address and entering a few junk passwords.

Eir should clarify the cause of the problem and the approach they take if someone is trying to hack in by guessing passwords.

Not sure that this is the same problem as the login appears to be successful. The "sign out" at the upper right hand corner of the page may be an indication that the login was succesful but the account data was not been pulled from the database backend by the my.eir.ie software. Apart from the dreadful crayon jockey design and splitting the login page into two different pages, the password reset does, according to other posts, seem to be working.

Regards...jmcc

Still unable to login, account permanently locked, I'm sick of this, hard to believe a communications company can be so un communicative, is that a word? Am still awaiting a response from someone, anyone in EIR.

Monday morning and my.eir.ie is still broken. Any estimates on time to repair?

jmcc wrote:

I got this sorted over the weekend through the eir chat, very helpful people, my account was reset.

• Advertisement

The my.eir.ie login is still broken. (13 June 2018).  Is it going to be fixed?

Regards...jmcc

august12 wrote: »
    Originally posted by jmcc

I got this sorted over the weekend through the eir chat, very helpful people, my account was reset.
    I tried that today was told that they are having technical issue allow 48 hours and to try again.
    I told them I was told that 2-3 weeks ago to which they asked for an other chance and then asked me to login into the account to leave them a 7 rating for their customer services.

last time I use Eir chat any time I used them I found them useless and spent more time looking for someone to leave them a review. 

jos22 wrote:
    last time I use Eir chat any time I used them I found them useless and spent more time looking for someone to leave them a review.

That is the complete opposite of my experience, I first got through to the sales chat team who transferred me straight away to the the technical team, after verifying my details i.e. name, email, mobile data number, he emailed a reset link to me, all sorted within 5 mins and this was last Saturday, hadn't tried the chat line previous to this but tried to get assistance here on boards with no helpful suggestions from EIR.

Excellent! It seems to be working now. Thanks.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement