Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation 1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Inviere

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Hey ..not exactly aimed at you but sometimes suggesting anything other than running on the original (and most optimised) hardware here gets the same kind of response as "I traded in my BMW and now my kids pull me to work in a wheelbarrow" would in the Cars forum ;)

Indeed :D By the same people who love Pi's, Mini Classics, and who are fawning over these. Bloody conservative hypocrites the lot of them :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS1_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
    As far as I can tell only a few ps1 games wont work via ps3 ( the formula one series and iss and a few others jump out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Our of coriousity, and perhaps a bit of topic, what would likely be the reasons for a game not to be playable on a particular emulation when maybe 95% of the other games work fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Inviere

Kolido wrote: »
    Our of coriousity, and perhaps a bit of topic, what would likely be the reasons for a game not to be playable on a particular emulation when maybe 95% of the other games work fine?

Some games use the hardware in ways that the emulator might not be coded for/properly understood, and so forth. Without published documentation, it can make obscure uses of hardware difficult to emulate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Inviere wrote: »
    Some games use the hardware in ways that the emulator might not be coded for/properly understood, and so forth. Without published documentation, it can make obscure uses of hardware difficult to emulate.

Plus you'd be surprised at the amount of games that get good graphical effects by straight up glitching hardware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dr Bob wrote: »
    anything other than running on the original (and most optimised) hardware
    I was reading about the original double dragon arcade game, and how bootleg versions used better hardware and did not suffer slowdown. In mame there is a way to mimic the bootleg version -making it think there are 2 processors or something.

People were saying the same about the snes, that emulators can cure games with slowdown.

I wonder if the PS3 speeds up PS1 games with slowdown. Some were of course saying a proper emulator would mimic the slowdown.

Advertisement