Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add more to hkc box. Make it smarter

Options
  • 27-05-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all I have a new wired hkc alarm works great. It has a sim / GSM unit so it set to text me when it goes off etc

Is there any other options I can get for the hkc
    Like WiFi so I have two ways for it to notify me.
    Can you add a speakers so you talk to someone on your property I have CCTV with an app

Or has any one added some type of smart sensor to say the Beller so when it goes off sends you push notification or the likes.
    Might be a question for the internet of things

Trying to up the house security any suggestions are welcome even ones that are not alarm related
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

It all depends on the panel. If 1070 or Quantum. You can get wifi card to put on to system. If 812 or 16120 panels i dont think wifi will be an option. The other Question speaker etc. Iv never heard of it been done. I know through monitor centres it can be do.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

It all depends on the panel. If 1070 or Quantum. You can get wifi card to put on to system. If 812 or 16120 panels i dont think wifi will be an option. The other Question speaker etc. Iv never heard of it been done. I know through monitor centres it can be do.

How can I tell what panel it is

What colour is the back light display on the keypad, press any button

What colour is the back light display on the keypad, press any button

Blue

Thats the 10/70 you can get a wifi card for it, but as far as i know yiur software version has to be 3.1 or higher or it wont work.have you got eng code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

nigwerwig wrote: »
    Hi all I have a new wired hkc alarm works great. It has a sim / GSM unit so it set to text me when it goes off etc

Is there any other options I can get for the hkc
    Like WiFi so I have two ways for it to notify me.
    Can you add a speakers so you talk to someone on your property I have CCTV with an app

Or has any one added some type of smart sensor to say the Beller so when it goes off sends you push notification or the likes.
    Might be a question for the internet of things

Trying to up the house security any suggestions are welcome even ones that are not alarm related
    Thanks

HKC have a dual path communicator as standard that can be added to the system.
    Offers much more functionality that just using the GSM on its own but comes at a cost of minimum €60 per year.
    Can also control 2 outputs on the panel if you wanted to connect a heating system to it.
    You could use google home as this would allow you speak through the speaker in your home from the phone.

Thats the 10/70 you can get a wifi card for it, but as far as i know yiur software version has to be 3.1 or higher or it wont work.have you got eng code?

Yes the eng code is just the normal one that comes with it

altor wrote: »
    HKC have a dual path communicator as standard that can be added to the system.
    Offers much more functionality that just using the GSM on its own but comes at a cost of minimum €60 per year.
    Can also control 2 outputs on the panel if you wanted to connect a heating system to it.
    You could use google home as this would allow you speak through the speaker in your home from the phone.

I didn't know this was available what is the 60 per year for

You pay the €60 a year to hkc basicly your using their web server. What version is the panel? As soon as you go into eng mode ver will pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You pay the €60 a year to hkc basicly your using their web server. What version is the panel? As soon as you go into eng mode ver will pop up.

Plus of course the maintenance of a World Sim card.

• Advertisement

I didn't know this was available what is the 60 per year for

The €60 is for the connection to HKCs server to use the App.
    The system will also send 50 texts per month included in that package.

It's 3.5 that should be ok

altor wrote: »
    The €60 is for the connection to HKCs server to use the App.
    The system will also send 50 texts per month included in that package.

How much is the unit and will the GSM unit I have in it be useless

How much is the unit and will the GSM unit I have in it be useless

We dont give out pricing on here.
    If you contact some of the suppliers here they will price it for you.

Hes selling his business her.

It's 3.5 that should be ok

You would need to update your current software on the system to use the dual card. Needs to be version 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hes selling his business her.

Davidconroy he's following the charter exactly. There are a number of businesses on the list, any contributer with a psa licence can be added

He's done nothing wrong

Advertisement