Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registers of owners directors

Options
  • 27-05-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

According to the 2014 companies act OMC's have to keep an up to date register of owners contact details and registers of directors interests.

I requested both registers from a company that I am a member of, and they ignored my requests. Therefore I contacted the odce office and they ignored my request for register of directors interests to be released however they were very fast in getting the owners register released, but it was full of shell companies some of which had addresses which did not exist. I pointed out that the register the odce got released was not fit for purpose, and I was referred to an earlier letter which stated

." I have been in touch with the secretary of the company and I hereby attach the register of members. The accuracy of the registers is dependent on the provision of up to date ownership information to the company. In any case the Companies Act is silent on the accuracy of the registers and as such this is not a matter for this Office."

in effect the above gives the company a free pass to forge the register of owners /directors, so I thought nobody would write the 2014 companies act in such a way as to give permission to directors to forge all the registers in order to hide directors conflicts of interests, shell companies actual owners, and owners contact details. Hence I read the relevent sections of the 2014 companies act and it would seem odce investigator was not lying the directors are allowed to forge all registers

Advertisement