Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event: June 30th, July 1st / Dublin

Options
  • 27-05-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

A Big Book Weekend is taking place June 30th to July 1st in Drumcondra, County Dublin.

Anyone in or interested in Recovery is welcome.

Tickets available at the door on the day or online.

Bob D from Las Vegas hosting.

Hope to see you there!

I can't post the link as this is my first post, message me for details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

A Big Book Weekend is taking place June 30th to July 1st in Drumcondra, County Dublin.

Anyone in or interested in Recovery is welcome.

Tickets available at the door on the day or online.

Bob D from Las Vegas hosting.

Hope to see you there!

I can't post the link as this is my first post, message me for details.

Tickets? For an AA meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

aabarnes1 wrote: »
    Tickets? For an AA meeting

My entire life in AA (spanning decades now) there have been occasional "special events" like conferences, conventions, etc. All required tickets to attend as renting venues, etc, costs money. Venues also have limits as to how many can attend, and why tickets are a logical necessity.

For anyone curious:

Bob D is a brilliant speaker, I've shared his talks here numerous times over the years. This one has over a quarter of a million views now! God Bless the Internet :D

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/big-book-weekend-with-bob-d-from-las-vegas-tickets-41336823552

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

Understood, but it needs to be highlighted that it is not AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

The speaker is in AA, and it seems almost everyone attending is in AA or related Fellowships, lol, all that needs to be "highlighted" at this stage is the event is only 3 weeks away now :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was at this event this weekend. It was excellent but very intense. Bob D was very honest, blunt, funny at times and I learned an awful lot about my alcoholism. He also had a real sense of humility.

A resounding success! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement