Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari

Options
  • 27-05-2018 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Is boards not working on Mac anymore? I thought it may have be just done, but it’s weeks and safari on my Mac won’t open the page for boards

Any help?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi jus_tin4,

Is there any error message being displayed or what happens when you attempt to access Boards? Could you try clearing your cache please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi jus_tin4

I've done a bit of digging here. I've three Mac devices to hand all running High Sierra and Safari 11.1. On two of these devices Boards works fine, no issues at all. On the third however I get an error
    Safari can't open the page "https://www.boards.ie" because the server unexpected dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes and then try again.

What's odd is because examining our logs Safari doesn't even begin to try to connect to our servers. There are a few suggestions online regarding clearing cache/cookies etc which I guess you could try - none of these worked for me. The long and the short of it however is that this appears to be a Safari problem rather than an issue on the Boards end.

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Hi jus_tin4

I've done a bit of digging here. I've three Mac devices to hand all running High Sierra and Safari 11.1. On two of these devices Boards works fine, no issues at all. On the third however I get an error

What's odd is because examining our logs Safari doesn't even begin to try to connect to our servers. There are a few suggestions online regarding clearing cache/cookies etc which I guess you could try - none of these worked for me. The long and the short of it however is that this appears to be a Safari problem rather than an issue on the Boards end.

Ronan

I’m still running an old verion(snow leopard or lion) on my Mac, maybe that’s the issue, I’ll try the above suggestion first to see if it helps! It’s only happened back in March time but I thought it would fix itself! Guess not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Given the age of the OS you are running it's possible you are encountering issues with SSL - Lion, the newer of the two OS' you mentioned is unsupported as of 2014

Advertisement