Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber frame companies

Options
  • 27-05-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I am building a circa 160sqm and want to send on my plans to some timber frame company's to get a sense of what they feel it should cost to build. Would anyone be willing to PM the name(s) of a company(ies) that they feel particularly strongly about (either positive or negative)?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KKGirlatheart

Just wondering if you had any luck with finding a timber frame company. We are planning a timber frame extension and if you could PM any recommendations that would be great!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shianto

For anyone else who stumbles across this post some general comments to be aware of:

a) you most likely won't save any money
    b) there is fewer timber frame builder than standard build
    c) you probably won't save any time (the build time is shorter, but you have the lead time to manufacture the frames).

An area where you might gain is that because timber frame goes up quickly you can get a site weatherproofed quicker so less susceptible to changeable weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KKGirlatheart

Thanks a mill for the feedback, very helpful. Probably going to end up going the regular build route!
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 14 M1andM2

Hi,

Wondering if you had any joy in your question around Timber Frame Companies. If you got any reviews or names could you PM me them please? We have a couple in mind but wondering about their reputations.

Thanks

Advertisement