Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else the outcast of their group of friends?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

At that age, people are getting married, settling down etc, and its quite common I would think for a circle of friends to change a lot and drift apart at that stage.

People are getting more confident as well, and given their spare time is precious, will spend it with those they value.

Agree with Irish Guitarist, great outlook to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Very few school groups remain close friends into adulthood. People's lives change, their interests change, they move away, meet new people etc. It's not being an 'outcast' it's just a natural moving on in life.

Obviously it's nice if a group that were really close at school, retain that tight group friendship all through life. But it's very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

OP starts thread about being an outcast

People start to talk to him, and are slated in the process

OP, try calming down a little :D

I'm a total outcast. I don't drink , smoke, party, take drugs, eat out, involve myself in any social activities or generally do anything outside of what I enjoy myself. In Ireland that's the equivalent of being invisible

I have friends...we just never spend any time together anymore...it's part of growing up imo. You'll get an odd conversation here and there but generally people's lives are not filled with free time once they get older. And how they spend it varies greatly.

My leisure time is spent reading, researching, exercising, meditating and spending time with my immediate family and partner (visiting places etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

pone2012 wrote: »
    OP starts thread about being an outcast

People start to talk to him, and are slated in the process

OP, try calming down a little :D

I'm a total outcast. I don't drink , smoke, party, take drugs, eat out, involve myself in any social activities or generally do anything outside of what I enjoy myself. In Ireland that's the equivalent of being invisible

I have friends...we just never spend any time together anymore...it's part of growing up imo. You'll get an odd conversation here and there but generally people's lives are not filled with free time once they get older. And how they spend it varies greatly.

My leisure time is spent reading, researching, exercising, meditating and spending time with my immediate family and partner (visiting places etc)

There is a thread on after hours on “should prostitution be Legalized”

Please read the comments OP’s comments about disabled people and people who have facial disfigurements.

It should go a long way to answering this question for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

anewme wrote: »
    There is a thread on after hours on “should prostitution be Legalized”

Please read the comments OP’s comments about disabled people and people who have facial disfigurements.

It should go a long way to answering this question for himself.

S’ok. He’s been cast out.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107132804&postcount=4

:D

Advertisement