Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Bike?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking at getting a road bike on the B2W.

My job will let me but only if its paid back in 2 months! So due to that my budget is small. Under 300e

Halfords have a Carrera Zelos Mens Road Bike for small money but is it too cheap? Is it a good bike?
    Is 14 gears enough? I currently have a LaPierre hybrid with a lot more gears but I wouldnt use all of them. I wouldnt be commuting on the road bike but I would like to join a club.

Would a bike this cheap be ok for club cycling. Ive done a bit of research on the Carrera and while it gets decent reviews in general the wheels/tyres seem to be an issue. What would be a reasonable price to upgrade?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Btt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Are you paying top rate tax? It might be worth saving up for a few months to maximise the value you get for your B2W as you can only do it every 5 years.

Any other thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd advise going second hand at that budget - or saving up and using all of the B2W

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Dont waste your BTW scheme for €300.

You’d get a much better bike second hand for that amount.

• Advertisement

I've been think in that the last few days. Going to drop into Stagg Cycles and see what they have

Advertisement