Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit reference agencies

• 28-05-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Apart from the ICB, what other credit reference agències would lenders use in Ireland.

I have a perfect ICB, but got rejected for a loan by Avantcard. Credit union loans are easy for me to get and are reported to ICB and I always have a few months paid in advance but Avantcard had cheaper Apr but I got rejected.

Just curious is there anything on me that I don't know about. I had a couple of late direct debits about 4 years ago with Aib but nothing more than a week late. Do lenders contact your bank aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

There's the new Central Credit Register - I can't link but just google it and you'll see a good explainer on the Central Bank's website. You can request a copy for free.

Advertisement