Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing lawn up to height of concrete slab?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

Moved into our new house and looking for advice on what to do with the lawn. We have concrete slabs down at the moment to the right of the lawn but the grass is below this at ground level. I would ideally like to bring lawn up to height of the concrete slabs (probably no more than 1 1/2" so that the edge is no longer a danger to my kids cracking their skull open.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

sulli wrote: »
    Hi,

Moved into our new house and looking for advice on what to do with the lawn. We have concrete slabs down at the moment to the right of the lawn but the grass is below this at ground level. I would ideally like to bring lawn up to height of the concrete slabs (probably no more than 1 1/2" so that the edge is no longer a danger to my kids cracking their skull open.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

If it's only 1 or 2 inches I'd just dig up the sod, put in some top soil and then place the sod back on top. Water well then

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sulli

was thinking that, thanks!

Advertisement