Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious as to what other people are growing in greenhouse?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'm just putting mine together...looking for more unusual seeds. photos of yours would be great even....thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

What type of greenhouse do you have !?
    Some photos will be great...as anything is better than the shelf ... :)

Im growing tomatoes, cucumbers, corgettes, beans, spinach, radish, onion, dill, coriander,basil, carots,beetroot,salad.
    Not trying anything exotic as is my second year and i'm still "listening" to what plants wants...

Most important than what "we" grow is the magic 5: temperature,humidity,ventilation,lighting and watering.All 5 in a good fertile soil...

Enjoy it !

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Tomatoes, chili’s , peppers, strawderries . Peas , broadbeans , spinach . Lettuce . Early potatoes , pumpkins , cherry tomatoes , cucumbers, sprouts.
    Still learning but all good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

First year.
    Few types of tomato’s.
    Cucumbers
    Carrots
    Herbs
    Strawberries

Steep learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

rolion wrote: »
    What type of greenhouse do you have !?
    Some photos will be great...as anything is better than the shelf ... :)

Im growing tomatoes, cucumbers, corgettes, beans, spinach, radish, onion, dill, coriander,basil, carots,beetroot,salad.
    Not trying anything exotic as is my second year and i'm still "listening" to what plants wants...

Most important than what "we" grow is the magic 5: temperature,humidity,ventilation,lighting and watering.All 5 in a good fertile soil...

Enjoy it !

i could take photos in a month or something....c02 is a big one for plants too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cherry tomatoes, salads, sugarsnap peas, strawberries, basil, sweetcorn. Would like to grow chillies but we're not into the really hot ones and can't find any fairly mild ones in garden centres. Currently enjoying a fine daily crop of strawberries and sugarsnaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

I grow everything outside but propagate all from seed started off in one of the Aldi plastic clad frames. planted so far 25 head of York cabbage, 5 drills Queens potatoes, 2 drills of parsnip,2 drills of carrot, 2 drills of beetroot, 2 of turnip this morning and a few more spare drills left to plant with cauliflower and broccoli also have two ridges of onion and some lettuce

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

How do you keep your greenhouse plants watered while on holiday?
    I’m looking at the Hazelock automatic irrigation kit to keep mine safe when I am away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

euser1984 wrote: »
    i could take photos in a month or something....c02 is a big one for plants too!

CO2 is essential for plants to grow but once you have the greenhouse ventilation sorted the fresh air will replace the CO2 used.

Here is a video clip of a strawberry flowering in my greenhouse back in April. They are yielding nice fruit now. Also have some raspberry plants that stretched in from outside the tunnel to grow up inside. Got an early crop of very tasty raspberries last year and looks like some are on their way to being ready to pick soon. Also have some lettuce, thyme, fennel, various flower seedlings belonging to the neighbor and a merlot grape vine which is just about to flower. Going planting some courgettes in the tunnel soon after getting them started on the windowsill where it's a bit warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Bebop wrote: »
    How do you keep your greenhouse plants watered while on holiday?
    I’m looking at the Hazelock automatic irrigation kit to keep mine safe when I am away

"Hey neighbour may I ask you for a favour?"

After yesterday's greenhouse dilemma (Lidl's was sold out in like minutes) I ordered a bigger one.
    I have a few years on my back growing veg in the tiniest balcony gardens and because my actual garden is a mess (just bought the house), I grow in pots this year.
    I'll move the tomatoes in the greenhouse and the coriander plants I have, they are divas to grow. Sugarsnaps I'll move inside too.
    Everything else I'll be keeping outdoors but I'll get some lettuce going inside plus a few flowers. Will use it for a winter harvest of lamb's lettuce, onion and kale.
    Might get some courgettes going too.

Advertisement