Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Approval in Principle

Options
  • 28-05-2018 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know which banks have online systems that will send you an Approval in Principle letter by just going through their online system? i.e. no need to go into bank, submit payslips etc.

AIB I know do this, wondering if there are any others that people have direct experience with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Does anyone know which banks have online systems that will send you an Approval in Principle letter by just going through their online system? i.e. no need to go into bank, submit payslips etc.

AIB I know do this, wondering if there are any others that people have direct experience with?

try kbc!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Coinsguy

Assuming you're doing this for the rebuilding Ireland scheme? Screenshots not do for it? The faqs says it's okay but I've heard otherwise at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Coinsguy wrote: »
    Assuming you're doing this for the rebuilding Ireland scheme?

Correct!
    Screenshots not do for it? The faqs says it's okay but I've heard otherwise at the same time.

Fingal CoCo have different opinions it seems, and from the thread about the scheme on boards it seems a lot of people are told that a screen shot from an online calculator does not suffice.

So, approval in principle letter it is to be safe. I'll try KBC, any others?

Correct!

Fingal CoCo have different opinions it seems, and from the thread about the scheme on boards it seems a lot of people are told that a screen shot from an online calculator does not suffice.

So, approval in principle letter it is to be safe. I'll try KBC, any others?

Oh right. Weird how councils have different rules. How long did it take to get a letter from Aib? Did you have to give them all your payslips etc or is it just a simple enough form?

I don't know any others but if I hear of any I'll let you know.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    try kbc!

Tried KBC. No good unfortunately, you don't get an "Approval in Principle" letter at the end of the process. You get a "We'll be in contact" message.

• Advertisement

Oh right. Weird how councils have different rules. How long did it take to get a letter from Aib? Did you have to give them all your payslips etc or is it just a simple enough form?

With AIB you get the PDF approval in principle letter online instantly. No paperwork submitted.

Tried KBC. No good unfortunately, you don't get an "Approval in Principle" letter at the end of the process. You get a "We'll be in contact" message.

Oh do AIB give you a doc to print out straight away? That's handy. The way it should be too.

Edit - you answered my question in the above post - oops.

Advertisement